Oh Brother

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oh Brother

"Second-year WR Kenbrell Thompkins was wide open on a slant route but dropped Tom Brady’s well-placed pass."

Not what I want to read.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Oh Brother

The glass is half full.

He managed to get "wide open".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The glass is half full.

He managed to get "wide open".

[/QUOTE]

lol, true

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Not to worry. Brady will miss Thompkins wide open for an easy TD in the AFC Title game. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to worry. Brady will miss Thompkins wide open for an easy TD in the AFC Title game. lol

[/QUOTE]

Why, just why.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Not to worry. Brady will miss Thompkins wide open for an easy TD in the AFC Title game. lol"

Yeah, because the problem with the offense is that Thompkins was wide open in the postseason. Nice trolling....

T-Cal, not sure if it makes you feel better but Thompkins also beat Revis for a TD. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Still early.  Let's see how he's doing after a few  more days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

How is it that BB puts up with such incompetence?  I mean, receivers dropping passes...in practice, no less!?!  The next thing you know we'll have offensive linemen missing blocks, defenders missing tackles, or, heaven forbid...a QB who actually makes a poor throw, from time to time!  To this I say..."No!"  Why should we have to put up with such pathetic levels of performance?  You don't see other teams putting up with this sort of thing?  I believe we need to set our sites higher.  One dropped pass, one missed block, one missed tackle, one poorly thrown pass, etc, and that player is out of here!  Only perfect players need apply.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why, just why.

[/QUOTE]

Because he is a deuwsch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Patriots Camp Report: Day 4
    July, 27, 2014Jul 27
    8:00
    PM ET
    By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com
    Recommend17
    Tweet20
    Comments3
    Email
    Print
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of New England Patriots training camp: When cornerback Brandon Browner talked about practicing in full pads for the first time in training camp, he said, "It always feels good to get them pads on and smack a little bit." Browner then backed up his words by flattening rookie running back James White in 11-on-11 drills on Sunday. Overall, the play of Browner and Darrelle Revis has been one of the top early storylines of camp. On Saturday, Revis intercepted two Tom Brady passes and broke up two others. On Sunday, it was Browner establishing a physical edge that reminded us of when safety Rodney Harrison was creating physical havoc in his first year with the team. The Patriots' defense has been practicing with a bit of an edge, and Revis and Browner are a big part of it.

I knew it was just a matter of time.  Looks like we not only need to replace a receiver, but a quarterback too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How is it that BB puts up with such incompetence?  I mean, receivers dropping passes...in practice, no less!?!  The next thing you know we'll have offensive linemen missing blocks, defenders missing tackles, or, heaven forbid...a QB who actually makes a poor throw, from time to time!  To this I say..."No!"  Why should we have to put up with such pathetic levels of performance?  You don't see other teams putting up with this sort of thing?  I believe we need to set our sites higher.  One dropped pass, one missed block, one missed tackle, one poorly thrown pass, etc, and that player is out of here!  Only perfect players need apply.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If Thompkins didn't have issues dropping the ball last season I'd agree but since he did, the fact he's still having issues is a bit concerning and something to keep an eye on don't you think?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think this decision is based on who has the best camp, rather who will be the best, and improving player thru the season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If Thompkins didn't have issues dropping the ball last season I'd agree but since he did, the fact he's still having issues is a bit concerning and something to keep an eye on don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think it was overblown last year.  It was his rookie season and those sorts of things happen.  I put much more stock in what TB thinks of him.  All of the comments that he has been quoted on regarding Thompkins have been extremely positive.  For me, this is not an area of concern.  I'm much more focused on our injured defensive players returning to the field and so far (knock on wood) it's all good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

This just in: Thompkins is not perfect and probably will not make the Hall of Fame.  What a bust, cut him now.  Someone said he beat Revis for a TD.  So obviously cut that bum Revis too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think it was overblown last year.  It was his rookie season and those sorts of things happen.  I put much more stock in what TB thinks of him.  All of the comments that he has been quoted on regarding Thompkins have been extremely positive.  For me, this is not an area of concern.  I'm much more focused on our injured defensive players returning to the field and so far (knock on wood) it's all good.

[/QUOTE]

TB can have his opinion. But the only one that counts is BB's. BB showed his displeasure last year making KT inactive, only bringing him back due to Dobson injury.

KT does something that most irks BB, even more than fumbles. KT falls down. Simple. Even untouched, KT often goes to the ground. All could clearly hear BB voicing his disleasure at this the other day. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

To each his own I guess. I thought the drop balls last season (one of the highest rates in the league) was an issue and something to watch for this camp (at least signs of improvement). I agree the D is something to watch also but it's not like it's one or the other. Luckily as fans we have the benefit of watching both at the same time.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

OK,so KT, TB and DR are all camp cuts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

KT dropped one, TB threw two picks and DR got beat for a TD.

Obviously they are all losers and can't cut it, so get rid of them.

And just in case you don't recognize this font by sight, it's called "sarcasm"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Jeeeeeeeeez, guys.  They've had like two days in pads. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

KT dropped one, TB threw two picks and DR got beat for a TD.

Obviously they are all losers and can't cut it, so get rid of them.

And just in case you don't recognize this font by sight, it's called "sarcasm"

[/QUOTE]

Yep, two of the top players in the NFL over the last decade are in the same boat as KT. Well done TinMan 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why, just why.

[/QUOTE]

Quite simply, because he's a Brady hating troll. He's jealous of all the time TB gets to spend with BB lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I wasn't wearing my rose tinted glasses when I read this blurb. Silly me to worry about a guy With such stellar credential dropping an EZ reception.

I mean really, we don't expect Pie makers to make perfect pies year round or Dr.'s to get every diagnosis right and I guess we should just be giddy when the Pilot lands the plane We'er flying on, since their only human and have bad days to.  So why worry about a WR with a 47% reception dropping a perfect ball while wide open?  I guess it OK for WR to drop balls in July.  

Plus I'm sure BB, like you, doesn't mind WR dropping balls in practice.  He most likely won't even use it in his evaluation of the player and weather he makes the team or not.  We all know no one has ever been cut in camp for bad play.....right?  It's still July and none of this counts....right?

I just need to put my Rose colored glasses on and lower my expectations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Too many balls off his body if I remember right.  Hopefully he can correct that. I'd love to see him improve because he's the kind of determined receiver we need.  I'm just not into counting chickens before they hatch.  I think Thompkins is still in the egg phase.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I wasn't wearing my rose tinted glasses when I read this blurb. Silly me to worry about a guy With such stellar credential dropping an EZ reception.

I mean really, we don't expect Pie makers to make perfect pies year round or Dr.'s to get every diagnosis right and I guess we should just be giddy when the Pilot lands the plane We'er flying on, since their only human and have bad days to.  So why worry about a WR with a 47% reception dropping a perfect ball while wide open?  I guess it OK for WR to drop balls in July.  

Plus I'm sure BB, like you, doesn't mind WR dropping balls in practice.  He most likely won't even use it in his evaluation of the player and weather he makes the team or not.  We all know no one has ever been cut in camp for bad play.....right?  It's still July and none of this counts....right?

I just need to put my Rose colored glasses on and lower my expectations.

[/QUOTE]

Good idea.  You should take your own advice.