Oh Gahd...here he goesss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Oh Gahd...here he goesss

Seriously, even though he sounds like a young Tom Brady...

Analysis
    Strengths
    Has a very quick trigger and good wrist snap that translates to a smooth throwing motion and clean, compact delivery (no windup). Lightning release quickness. Urgent decision maker. Sells play-action. Athletic enough to slide in the pocket and buy time with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield. Good anticipation -- throws his receivers open. Can change ball speeds and drop it in a bucket. Does not take unnecessary sacks and will dump the ball. Will deliver the ball looking down the barrel of a gun. Tough-minded and poised in the pocket -- can withstand a hit and pop back up. Highly competitive. Smart, respected, vocal team leader. Very durable, experienced, four-year starter. Good football intelligence.
    Weaknesses
    Is a tad undersized with small hands and short arms. Uses a three-quarters delivery that could lead to batted balls. Works heavily out of the shotgun in a spread offense, and footwork could require adjustment to working from under center. Does not always feel pressure in the pocket. Does not rip the deep out or drive the ball with high RPMs. Undershoots and often hangs the deep ball. Makes receivers work for the ball downfield, and deep accuracy could stand to improve. Makes a lot of simple, one-look reads and was not heavily challenged by consistent pressure or complex looks in the Ohio Valley Conference.
    Draft Projection
    Round 2
    Bottom Line
    A decorated FCS passer, Garoppolo could excite quarterback coaches with his quick delivery, mental make-up and work habits, yet he still needs to prove he can fit the ball into tight windows and do more than carve up soft shells the way he regularly did on his way to a record-breaking performance in college. Possesses the physical tools to eventually earn an NFL starting job in a rhythm passing game with continued refinement but is more of a caretaker than a game changer and will require some patience adapting to the NFL game.

...So too, did Zach Robinson, in 2010.  Idk...Imho, who needs a sure handed WR/Move TE, Bookend 4-3 DE, Starting Center, or Complimentary Back to couple with Ridley In Order to hoist the Lombardi in 2015, IF:

...you can garner a #3 Developmental Quarterback in the 2nd Round.

I don't wanna naysay...I really don't, buuuut=

Does ANY-one else envision the following play-out here on out?:

3rd Rd:  39th rated Cornerback and good kick returner

4th Rd:  Punter

4th Rd Comp:  Oft-Injured Wide Receiver from some big name program/school whom saw the field less than 3 other WRs from same big name program/school.

6th Rd:  Not-on-Any-List of the top 600 players in the draft...Guy from Southern Methodist U who can play ST's, Cornerback, Wildcat QB, or Punt Return

7th Rd:  Scat-back from Eastern Connecticut State

7th Rd:  17th rated Extremely undersized Offensive Center w/ good long-snapping capabilities

...and call it'a'day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Oh Gahd...here he goesss

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Analysis
    Strengths
    Has a very quick trigger and good wrist snap that translates to a smooth throwing motion and clean, compact delivery (no windup). Lightning release quickness. Urgent decision maker. Sells play-action. Athletic enough to slide in the pocket and buy time with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield. Good anticipation -- throws his receivers open. Can change ball speeds and drop it in a bucket. Does not take unnecessary sacks and will dump the ball. Will deliver the ball looking down the barrel of a gun. Tough-minded and poised in the pocket -- can withstand a hit and pop back up. Highly competitive. Smart, respected, vocal team leader. Very durable, experienced, four-year starter. Good football intelligence.
    Weaknesses
    Is a tad undersized with small hands and short arms. Uses a three-quarters delivery that could lead to batted balls. Works heavily out of the shotgun in a spread offense, and footwork could require adjustment to working from under center. Does not always feel pressure in the pocket. Does not rip the deep out or drive the ball with high RPMs. Undershoots and often hangs the deep ball. Makes receivers work for the ball downfield, and deep accuracy could stand to improve. Makes a lot of simple, one-look reads and was not heavily challenged by consistent pressure or complex looks in the Ohio Valley Conference.
    Draft Projection
    Round 2
    Bottom Line
    A decorated FCS passer, Garoppolo could excite quarterback coaches with his quick delivery, mental make-up and work habits, yet he still needs to prove he can fit the ball into tight windows and do more than carve up soft shells the way he regularly did on his way to a record-breaking performance in college. Possesses the physical tools to eventually earn an NFL starting job in a rhythm passing game with continued refinement but is more of a caretaker than a game changer and will require some patience adapting to the NFL game.

...So too, did Zach Robinson, in 2010.  Idk...Imho, who needs a sure handed WR/Move TE, Bookend 4-3 DE, Starting Center, or Complimentary Back to couple with Ridley In Order to hoist the Lombardi in 2015, IF:

4th Rd Comp:  Oft-Injured Wide Receiver from some big name program/school whom saw the field less than 3 other WRs from same big name program/school.

6th Rd:  Not-on-Any-List of the top 600 players in the draft...Guy from Southern Methodist U who can play ST's, Cornerback, Wildcat QB, or Punt Return

7th Rd:  17th rated Extremely undersized Offensive Center w/ good long-snapping capabilities

...and call it'a'day!

[/QUOTE]

ANd that scat backs name??????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Analysis
    Strengths
    Weaknesses
    Draft Projection
    Round 2
    Bottom Line

[/QUOTE]

But they really wanted Bortles, apparently.  So this wasn't really their guy, not the guy they wanted first. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

More I read the sadder I get
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Sounds perfect.....especially if I'm practicing detachment from the world 

but where is E Conn State?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which round will they get a lacrosse player in to challenge Aiken at long snapper?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I gotta believe it boils down to this:  Bill Belichick, the on-field gambler, I LOooove.  You won't even hear me complain about going for it on 4th and 1...I don't even care, he got's rock-solid stones.  I sorta DO dig that, on the field, in practice, on training.  Heck, we Win when BB takes the chains off his guys, and has his D mash people...even within that early on 3-4, BB SENT his guys, jammed and wailed on WRs and RBs, had Secondary guys blitzing here and there and doing calculated break-offs to bait the other team...crowding the line, dropping back, etc..  And on O, NE won when BB went HARD, too.  Piece by piece, no favorites, game-control, break 'em down, beat 'em not with 1 favored style of pass or run as a preformed gameset, but inch by inch by what you could exploit best, at & ON any given play, and with whom...gritty there too.  Hard & Calculated ferocity of gambling...somewhere, each time.  Just to throw THEM on their heels, with a little somethin' some-where, nearly each time.  Late in the Game-Go for it...don't run out the clock=NE wins The SB.

He's hard...and a very dedicated gambler, to WANT to gamble...juuuust enough each time. -Like I said, A little ferocity, and different/novel "push" some-where.  =Smart.

Then our 3-4 wasn't small quirks of gambling each & every time...juuuust a push, here & there=It was "Bend don't break."  Then our O wasn't a no-nense calculated hard, small gamble to what could work best...inch by inch, small gains, but definitive, take it to them, and let THEM get "antsy" with the "small & ever-continuous takes" each & every time...QB sneak?  =Even IF it's for 3-4 yards...and IF that was what the opposing D looked to be very BEST exploited with, Right This Second=Scr#w it...small gain or no=GAIN to best take...no matter how small THE "take"=QB sneak it is.  Then the O got finesse...and we wanted BIG Gains- 1 dimensional Preset Gain to Gamble Bigger to hopefully WIN bigger each time=1 dimensionality=Easier to gameplan against & no Complimentary O + D benefits.  Suddenly, going for it on 4th and 1...became going for it with plenty of time still left, on 4th and 2...or 3.  The Draft, 1 could argue, has been orchestrated largely within the same fallout & fallibilities...

BB now is Sooo particular with 1st Rd guys...opting instead to simply (it seems) WANT to "gamble", on a CRAZY multitude of lesser skilled/polished guys, further down the Boards.  He gambles by not selecting smart, by taking a great many "Early" guys "too early"...making it up, by wheeling and dealing down to garner 12 4th-7th Rders.  He seems to relish the "Call/Deal for a Trade" more than the Actual Quality of Player Selection.  He seems to WANT to "Gamble More" by having a dozen extra mid round selections/dice throws...than to want to gamble "Smart" early on.  It hurts need positions & immediate talent quality garnered in guy.  BB seems to think casting far more later on, IS casting "smarter"...and it simply isn't in the NFL Draft.  

Idk-Imo, He needs to cast MUCH more less & with less extremely particularized restriction within #'s 22-#'s 60...Especially when ya have a team perrenially 2-4 Games away each year from the SB victory...and a winning squad who could USE just 2-4 IMPACT blue-chippers at just 2-4 positional areas where THAT could push a victory over the top. 

Maybe it's just me...  Imo, IF BB could have secured:  Easley, Tuitt, McCrief and/or Landry...they STILL could have garnered a pretty quality interior OL whom fell in the 4th & 6th + 1 big-backed RB.  Secure the few critical spots-1 OL + 1 WR/Move TE + 1 DE + 1 DT...and mayyybe (or not granted garnering 1 through training camp cuts)-1 RB.  I'd HAVE to believe that simply securing 4 high-end guys at those simply so few (4) positions wherein a handful of early on blue-chippers, WOULD Make NE & GIVE NE better SB winning potential...as opposed to 1 Really good guy...maybe 1 more mid Rd guy whom slipped from slightly earlier consideration, whom can be a at least a pretty decent player THIS very year...+ SEVEN!-NINE! developmentals in positions ya do or don't really need...but far higher need to "Ideally" "develop", nevertheless.  Maybe that's just me.  Either way...I'm really considering sending my fav coach a Gambler's Anonymous Broucher.     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Analysis
    Strengths
    Weaknesses
    Draft Projection
    Round 2
    Bottom Line

...and call it'a'day!

[/QUOTE]

I am an Eastern Connecticut State University graduate Laz... watch yourself;-)

And we don't have a football program. Our baseball teams have won a few DIII college world series though and always makes noise in that tourney.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    The next town over from UConn.