Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

The game was over until the refs give the dolts an assist

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

How does this team live with itself?

I would be embarassed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Makes me wanna vomit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

You'd be calling for it yourself and so would Brady if it happened to him.  BTW - they missed on the sack.

A rule is a rule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwPATRIOTSww. Show wwPATRIOTSww's posts

what a complete joke!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

No doggggg, a rule isn't a rule.

It's a judgement call, just like the "unnecessary roughness."

That was obviously incidental contact and in no way a "blow to the head."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?:
    [QUOTE]The game was over until the refs give the dolts an assist
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

That was pathetic.    Philly will get a first down.

Indy should have onside kicked.  How dumb was that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Sorry pmike - usually you are a reasonable thinker, but not here.  And yes, Brady would be calling for the same.  No one seeks penalties more. 

The defender meant to bring his arm down.  That he didn't mean to hit manning's head is of no consequence. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?:
    [QUOTE]The game was over until the refs give the dolts an assist
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable! I'm watching this game with my friends, and I predicted some sort of penalty call would give the Colts a first down. WHAT A CROC!!!

Roger Goodell MUST GO!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry pmike - usually you are a reasonable thinker, but not here.  And yes, Brady would be calling for the same.  No one seeks penalties more.  The defender meant to bring his arm down.  That he didn't mean to hit manning's head is of no consequence. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Someone should pass gas in Mannings face.

Didn't he flop balls on a girl in college?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

nice pick!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .

The zebras tried and they tried.

But it just wasn't enough this time.

This time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

whatever pmike.  Leave it to a po'd pats fan whose team chose not to show up today to blame refs for their absolutely reasonable and understandable calls.

I guess you believe the eagles shouldn't have challenged the collie call, either? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Challenge what?

The whistle blew, you can't challenge possession in that instance. If the play was allowed to continue to its conclusion, it would have been reviewable, but the officials didn't allow that either. They whistled it dead. Play over. No review.

What are you going to challenge, the official's interpretation of "unnecessary" roughness?

Come on, man. You know better than that.

Pull your head out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]whatever pmike.  Leave it to a po'd pats fan whose team chose not to show up today to blame refs for their absolutely reasonable and understandable calls. I guess you believe the eagles shouldn't have challenged the collie call, either? 

leave it to an Indy H0mo to post over 600 times on a Pats forum. Gay Manning Lover

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]No doggggg, a rule isn't a rule. It's a judgement call, just like the "unnecessary roughness." That was obviously incidental contact and in no way a "blow to the head."
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

It isn't a judgment call, unfortunately. Any touching of the QB's helmet is a "blow to the head". Remember Tully Banta Cain in 2006? Kept the Colts drive alive in the AFCCG.

Crappy rule, but the call was correct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]whatever pmike.  Leave it to a po'd pats fan whose team chose not to show up today to blame refs for their absolutely reasonable and understandable calls. I guess you believe the eagles shouldn't have challenged the collie call, either? 

I really can't believe you are on a Pats fan board DURING a game being played by your supposedly precious colts. Some fan you are. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I don't think so Pmike.  I am sure I've seen coaches challenge passes that were ruled incomplete, but I am no authority.  If I am wrong, I'll retract my comment.

I've been looking for the rules all over the web with no luck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : It isn't a judgment call, unfortunately. Any touching of the QB's helmet is a "blow to the head". Remember Tully Banta Cain in 2006? Kept the Colts drive alive in the AFCCG. Crappy rule, but the call was correct.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

If that's true, than why was Gary Brackett not flagged on Vick's final run, before the Eagles punted the ball back to Gomer with just seconds remaining? Brackett came down on Vick's hemut with his forearm.

This is simply further proof that Roger Goodell and his minions are ruining the game. Referees have far too much discretion now. It's easy for them to turn a game with a call. Is that what we want...games decided by a referee's thought process and rule interpretations...rather than let the players decide it on the field?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think so Pmike.  I am sure I've seen coaches challenge passes that were ruled incomplete, but I am no authority.  If I am wrong, I'll retract my comment. I've been looking for the rules all over the web with no luck.

It's not the same thing as "catch" or "no catch." The reason you can't challenge that particular play is because there was no conclusion. The Eagles had what was ostensibly a live ball, and the play was still going on. When the officials blow it dead at that point, it can't be reviewed for possession because the ball has not been spotted. It's the same as an inadvertent whistle or "down by contact." Once the whistle blows, the play is over.

If you go back and call it a fumble, where do you spot the ball?

It's a moot point in either way. The bogus personal foul would have negated the fumble in any case.

Either that, or I am entirely wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No, PM. You are entirely right. You cannot challenge a dead play. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? :      If that's true, than why was Gary Brackett flagged on Vick's final run, before the Eagles punted the ball back to Gomer with just seconds remaining? Brackett came down on Vick's hemut with his forearm.      This is simply further proof that Roger Goodell and his minions are ruining the game. Referees have far too much discretion now. It's easy for them to turn a game with a call. Is that what we want...games decided by a referee's thought process and rule interpretations...rather than let the players decide it on the field?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Tex, you have watched this game a long time to know that is the rule. If they didn't call it on Brackett (I am assuming that is what you meant.) then I wouldn't have much difficulty chalking it up to the refs favoring the colts. It was likely simply missed though. The refs were probably watching Peyton on the sideline to see if anything happened to him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Tex, you have watched this game a long time to know that is the rule. If they didn't call it on Brackett (I am assuming that is what you meant.) then I wouldn't have much difficulty chalking it up to the refs favoring the colts. It was likely simply missed though. The refs were probably watching Peyton on the sideline to see if anything happened to him. 

My mistake...I meant to say why wasn't Brackett flagged? Your Peyton distraction theory could explain it...LOL!!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, gang...  it is only going to get worse!  Unless the players adjust their tackling techniques to lead 100% with the shoulders, with the helmet coming no where close to the player, or when approaching the QB keeping their arms at their sides (I guess batted balls will decrease?) we'll see all sorts of flags and fines.  One wonders who is driving this penchant for these flags?  I think players know the game they are playing is violent and no one should be complaining!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : I really can't believe you are on a Pats fan board DURING a game being played by your supposedly precious colts. Some fan you are. 

Enoch and All:

The Eagles today, though playing on their home field, were penalized 14 times, for 125 yards.

Indy bias?? What Indy bias?? LOL!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts