Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? :      Enoch and All:      The Eagles today, though playing on their home field, were penalized 14 times, for 125 yards.      Indy bias?? What Indy bias?? LOL!!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Indylove is lurking now, Tex...  beware!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

By the way, Pats fans...  let's not cry too much about the perceived imbalance in favor of the Colts in penalties....  believe it or not, the Pats through 8 games actually have 7 fewer penalty yards then the Colts...  371 to 378, placing them 25th out of 32 teams! Philly is second in the league at 652 yards..  not like they don't deserve these calls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

That was a good and legitimate call......one of the few.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

It was a vicious blow to Manning's head with obvious intent to injure ( not strip the ball). 

Of course if you believe what I just said above, then you must be drunker than I am.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i believe the penalty (if is was deserved) would be a blow to the head. the back of mannings helmet was merely touched. this was a bulls hIt call
    n Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?:
    [QUOTE]That was a good and legitimate call......one of the few.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]That was a good and legitimate call......one of the few.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say, Mr. Tomase...LOL!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]How does this team live with itself? I would be embarassed.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE
    You should be embarrassed. Check out yesterday's Patsie game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : leave it to an Indy H0mo to post over 600 times on a Pats forum. Gay Manning Lover
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]
    The equivalent to gay TB lovers. Admit it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? :      If that's true, than why was Gary Brackett not flagged on Vick's final run, before the Eagles punted the ball back to Gomer with just seconds remaining? Brackett came down on Vick's hemut with his forearm.      This is simply further proof that Roger Goodell and his minions are ruining the game. Referees have far too much discretion now. It's easy for them to turn a game with a call. Is that what we want...games decided by a referee's thought process and rule interpretations...rather than let the players decide it on the field?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Go to a rugby game instead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]Challenge what? The whistle blew, you can't challenge possession in that instance. If the play was allowed to continue to its conclusion, it would have been reviewable, but the officials didn't allow that either. They whistled it dead. Play over. No review. What are you going to challenge, the official's interpretation of "unnecessary" roughness? Come on, man. You know better than that. Pull your head out.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

According to NFL Network this morning, Reid wanted to challenge the play but could not because he was out of challenges for the half. 

pmike - you can speak with the certainty of Rusty, but you can also be wrong just like him.  Pull your own head out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Take away the Collie gift and this call does not even matter.  Gomer has been living off the generosity of the refs his whole career and yet he has so much failure to show for it.  You must be ashamed to root for such a fraud.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    These are the whines I love the most.  "I don't care if it was the right call, he's benefitted before so lets even things out now". 

I'd say pats fans have much more to worry about today than the colts and a couple of understandable calls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]i believe the penalty (if is was deserved) would be a blow to the head. the back of mannings helmet was merely touched. this was a bulls hIt call n Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

He was hit in the head on the prior play too and the ref missed it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : He was hit in the head on the prior play too and the ref missed it. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Maybe if manning had a normal sized head, he wouldn't have to cry so much about it getting hit. 

And since you brought it up, how do they get the horse to stand still long enough to make a mold for manning's helmet?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Maybe if manning had a normal sized head, he wouldn't have to cry so much about it getting hit.  And since you brought it up, how do they get the horse to stand still long enough to make a mold for manning's helmet?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    You've obviously got the crying mixed up with Brady.  No one lobbies for calls more than Brady.  The entire NFL knows it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Do you have any recent examples or are you just trying to be inflammatory?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

No more than anyone else.  I constantly see Brady asking for flags.  there were threads on this all year last year.  You know it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : No more than anyone else.  I constantly see Brady asking for flags.  there were threads on this all year last year.  You know it.

So, you really don't have an argument except that "other people think so"? Figures.

So, when you actually watch the colts games (when you aren't posting here, I mean.) do you just look away when manning calls for a flag or pulls the ref aside after almost every play to tell him why he should have thrown a flag that last play? Do you just not see this or do you think he is asking him tips about how best to use his fivehead for advertising?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : According to NFL Network this morning, Reid wanted to challenge the play but could not because he was out of challenges for the half.  pmike - you can speak with the certainty of Rusty, but you can also be wrong just like him.  Pull your own head out.

I would suggest to you that if you actually heard that on the NFL network, then the NFL network is wrong. Once the whistle blows, for any reason, the action is presumed to have stopped and cannot resume, regardless of circumstance. The play was never concluded. If  you review that call and overturn it, where do you spot the ball?  To my knowledge, there is no circumstance in which you can go back and pretend the whistle hadn't been blown. The rules do not account for it. Although I'd be interested to know who, on the NFL Network actually said this.

It's just like "Down by contact." If a replay shows a guy wasn't actually down, it doesn't matter -- can't review it -- because the whistle has blown and the players are presumed to have stopped playing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

pmike - you very well may be correct, but the question is when did the whistle blow?  If philly was in possession of the ball by that time then I believe the play could have been overturned. 

And, I don't know if the NFL network is wrong.  Reid might be wrong.  Per their report, Reid said he would have challenged but could not because a challenge was not available to him (Root said he was out of timeouts - I said he was out of challenges). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : So, you really don't have an argument except that "other people think so"? Figures. So, when you actually watch the colts games (when you aren't posting here, I mean.) do you just look away when manning calls for a flag or pulls the ref aside after almost every play to tell him why he should have thrown a flag that last play? Do you just not see this or do you think he is asking him tips about how best to use his fivehead for advertising?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Cute root.  Just because I don't cite them, doesn't mean they don't exist.  I recall them very very well, but I don't write them down so that I have chapter and verse for you. 

Feel free to believe that Brady doesn't call for flags more than any other Qb, I am very very comfortable believing what I believe. 

If you need to, just classify my belief in the same catagory as your belief that the colts always get calls. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : I would suggest to you that if you actually heard that on the NFL network, then the NFL network is wrong. Once the whistle blows, for any reason, the action is presumed to have stopped and cannot resume, regardless of circumstance. The play was never concluded. If  you review that call and overturn it, where do you spot the ball?  To my knowledge, there is no circumstance in which you can go back and pretend the whistle hadn't been blown. The rules do not account for it. Although I'd be interested to know who, on the NFL Network actually said this. It's just like "Down by contact." If a replay shows a guy wasn't actually down, it doesn't matter -- can't review it -- because the whistle has blown and the players are presumed to have stopped playing.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, it was the game day host on their postgame show with Deion, Irvin, and Mariucci (sp).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]pmike - you very well may be correct, but the question is when did the whistle blow?  If philly was in possession of the ball by that time then I believe the play could have been overturned.  And, I don't know if the NFL network is wrong.  Reid might be wrong.  Per their report, Reid said he would have challenged but could not because a challenge was not available to him (Root said he was out of timeouts - I said he was out of challenges). 

My other point is this:

If the personal foul caused the fumble, than it's a possession foul, yes?

So you're not going to review that even if it is reviewable, because the penalty (no matter how you feel about the call), negates the fumble, even if you rule it was a fumble. So all this talk about ambiguous rules and timeouts and what Reid "would have done" is pointless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : I would suggest to you that if you actually heard that on the NFL network, then the NFL network is wrong. Once the whistle blows, for any reason, the action is presumed to have stopped and cannot resume, regardless of circumstance. The play was never concluded. If  you review that call and overturn it, where do you spot the ball?  To my knowledge, there is no circumstance in which you can go back and pretend the whistle hadn't been blown. The rules do not account for it. Although I'd be interested to know who, on the NFL Network actually said this.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

p-mike, If the whistle blew after the defender picked up the ball, then they would award the ball to the Philly at the spot he recovered it. They couldn't give the ball to Miami against Pitt because there was no clear recovery. There was one here. Also, when I watched the play on youtube, I didn't hear a whistle until after the defender was running with the ball. If it blew before he picked it up, then you are right.

And, one thing you made a point of earlier, but left out of this post. The UR call negates the recovery as it happens before the change in possession and is actually the cause of the fumble.

I am wondering what would have happened of the play was challenged and the refs say it was a fumble. What happens to the UR flag? Can the ref when reviewing the play determine since it was a catch that the UR flag shouldn't have been thrown because the receiver had possession, had taken three steps and was not defenseless? That might have even generated more discussion than the bad call to begin with.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : If I recall correctly, it was the game day host on their postgame show with Deion, Irvin, and Mariucci (sp).

Well, if it was just one of the talking heads, and not Mike Perriera (sp?) or somebody like that, I would take it with a grain of salt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Cute root.  Just because I don't cite them, doesn't mean they don't exist.  I recall them very very well, but I don't write them down so that I have chapter and verse for you.  Feel free to believe that Brady doesn't call for flags more than any other Qb, I am very very comfortable believing what I believe.  If you need to, just classify my belief in the same catagory as your belief that the colts always get calls. 

Oh, OK, then Iran did have WMDs. And for every one of the events that you don't have any proof of, I have at least 400 that say manning calls for more flags. And at least 754 that say the colts get advantageous calls/non-calls.

And, nice way to avoid answering just what exactly manning is talking to the refs about after each and every play.