Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?

In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : I am wondering what would have happened of the play was challenged and the refs say it was a fumble. What happens to the UR flag? Can the ref when reviewing the play determine since it was a catch that the UR flag shouldn't have been thrown because the receiver had possession, had taken three steps and was not defenseless? That might have even generated more discussion than the bad call to begin with.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

When I first saw the play at full speed, I couldn't believe they went to the "defenseless receiver" take. Collie clearly caught the ball, took two full steps and went into a protective tuck. He was running with the ball, and in now way, shap or form "defenseless." It was a ludicrous call, and it's true that officials occasionally do pick flags up after conferring. But it's stretching credulity (even if, logically, it makes sense) to think that they're going to pick that flag up with the guy lying there on the field, to all apearances dead.

They blew the call, and I think most everybody knew it, but it wasn't really the time to be getting into a discussion of the excruciating minutiae of the rule book, with Collie perhaps paralyzed on the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : You've obviously got the crying mixed up with Brady.  No one lobbies for calls more than Brady.  The entire NFL knows it. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

This from the guy who believes that there's never been a team in NFL history with more injuries to key players than the 2010 Colts...LOL!!! 

As for Brady "lobbying for calls"...there is no bigger whiner in professional sports than Peyton Manning...and everybody knows it:
    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/why-peyton-manning-isnt-more-revered/    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : When I first saw the play at full speed, I couldn't believe they went to the "defenseless receiver" take. Collie clearly caught the ball, took two full steps and went into a protective tuck. It was a ludicrous call, and it's true that officials occasionally do pick flags up after conferring. But it's stretching credulity (even if, logically, it makes sense) to think that they're going to pick that flag up with the guy lying there on the field, to all apearances dead. They blew the call, and I think most everybody knew it, but it wasn't really the time to be getting into a discussion of the excruciating minutiae of the rule book, with Collie perhaps paralyzed on the field.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if they would do it after reviewing the play. But I think manning was standing next to the review booth shaking his head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? :      This from the guy who believes that there's never been a team in NFL history with more injuries to key players than the 2010 Colts.       LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Little known fact - manning is playing with one leg. He lost the other one against Houston in week 1. The rest of the colts are all missing some appendage or another.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Well, if it was just one of the talking heads, and not Mike Perriera (sp?) or somebody like that, I would take it with a grain of salt.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Mike - open up.  They said "REID SAID IT". 

They were reporting what REID SAID. 

GOT IT??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Mike - open up.  They said "REID SAID IT".  They were reporting what REID SAID.  GOT IT??
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Well, Andy Reid had a veteran quarterback who didn't know NFL games could end in a tie, so I'm not taking his word for anything. If Andy Reid told me the sky was blue, I'd look up, just in case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh My God Blow To Manning's Head? : Well, Andy Reid had a veteran quarterback who didn't know NFL games could end in a tie, so I'm not taking his word for anything. If Andy Reid told me the sky was blue, I'd look up, just in case.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Excellent reason.Smile

Sections
Shortcuts