Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!

According to the Sports Business Journal, the Patriots have "approached Chad Ochocinco about restructuring his contract."

The news is only surprising in that the Patriots are even giving Ochocinco the opportunity to take a pay-cut from his current scheduled 2012 salary of $3.1 million. His out-right release seemed more likely. However, the Boston Globe reported Tuesday that Ochocinco could be back with the Pats in 2012 under a restructured deal, and then subject to release. If Ocho bristles at a pay-cut, he could force his release and take his chances on the open market.

Dont go that way been there , done that
    lets move on and draft 2WR.
    No more ocho no play boko

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!

how insane are they. i dont want what they are smoking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They kept him around all season and he did make a few nice catches.  The problem seems to be he didn't understand the playbook. Maybe he's been making progress.  Can't hurt to bring him into camp.  They can always cut him later if he doesn't work out. They have invested a lot of time in teaching him the offense.  If he now knows it, maybe they can get something out of that investment?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Now That Ocho Has finished reading : The Little Engine That Could:
    He is ready for the playbook

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I say keep him if he is cheap.  He can always be cut during camp.  They know what they get with him.  He has no place to go but up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What it could be is that his 3mil bonus spread over 2 years is too much for them. So if they extend him 4 years then it cuts the bonus to under 1mil spread over the 4 years. If he takes vet min then the cap hit falls from 4.5mil each year to about 1.25mil. That's a 3.25mil cap savings or double the savings if they straight out release him after June 1st. If they then release him after June 1st his cap hit this year would be under 1 mil and about 2 mil next year. Though I doubt that would be the case, since it's only pushing .5mil into next year in dead money. Maybe they'd like to keep him if his cap hit is reduced to 1.25mil but would release him if he doesn't restructure?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The Guy Doesn't produce 
    Better have a roster spot for some one  who can grasp the playbook

why spend a roster spot for him , instead of drafting young WR
    even if it means taking salary cup hit , 
    it send a message to the team the being mediocre  is good.

cut him and show that  this team is made of winners and productive guys

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!:
    The Guy Doesn't produce Better have a roster spot for some one   who can grasp the playbook why spend a roster spot for him , instead of drafting young WR even if it means taking salary cup hit ,  it send a message to the team the being mediocre  is good. cut him and show that  this team is made of winners and productive guys
    Posted by yakv

He was productive as a #4 WR. If Edelman is to be an iron man moving forward and Slater remains on ST then you have essentially 2 WR spots open, even if you resign Branch. There is plenty of room to keep Ocho as a #4 WR, get a #1/2 vet, draft a young WR, resign Branch, and resign Welker. The thing is the amount you pay a #4 WR at this point

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

20012 Base salaries :

QB Tom Brady
     -- $5.75m 
    DL Vince Wilfork -- $4.5m 
    LT Matt Light -- $3.4m 
    WR Chad Ochocinco -- $3m 
    LG Logan Mankins -- $2.75m 
    K Stephen Gostkowski -- $2.1m 
    CB Kyle Arrington -- $1.85m 
    G Brian Waters -- $1.4m 
    LB Jerod Mayo -- $1.25m 

ocho at 3M is unacceptable more than waters and Mayo 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We need better production from our third and fourth wideouts.  Wideouts produced as follows during the regular season:

Welker - 122 receptions
    Branch- 51 receptions
    Ocho- 15 receptions
    Edelman - 4 receptions

You can argue that Hernandez is as much a wideout as a TE in this offense and therefore consider him the second wideout with 79 receptions.  Still, I think you want more than 15 receptions from your fourth wideout, particularly when you are a pass-first team.  Next year I'd actually like to see fewer receptions by Welker  and more by other guys, since I think we've become too dependent on too few guys.  Spreading the ball around to receivers with different skill sets will create more diverse challenges for the defense and will help us avoid becoming too one-dimensional and predictable on offense.  

I'd like to see the third wideout (or fourth if we count Hernandez as a wideout) have more like 30-40 catches next year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!:
    Chad Ochocinco  - WR -  Patriots According to the Sports Business Journal, the Patriots have "approached Chad Ochocinco about restructuring his contract." The news is only surprising in that the Patriots are even giving Ochocinco the opportunity to take a pay-cut from his current scheduled 2012 salary of $3.1 million. His out-right release seemed more likely. However, the Boston Globe reported Tuesday that Ochocinco could be back with the Pats in 2012 under a restructured deal, and then subject to release. If Ocho bristles at a pay-cut, he could force his release and take his chances on the open market. Dont go that way been there , done that lets move on and draft 2WR. No more ocho no play boko
    Posted by yakv

I know that they've made a big financial commitment with this guy: 
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/pats-ask-ochocinco-to-restructure-his-contract/

But, he's done. It's time for them to cut their losses, and move on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

More info regarding yakv's post.....

Pats ask Ochocinco to restructure his contract

Chad OchocincoAP

When the Patriots acquired receiver Chad Ochocinco via trade in 2011, which at the time was the final year of his contract, the two sides added two more years.

With a base salary of $3 million due in 2012 and a base salary of $3 million due in 2013, and with Ochocinco doing nothing in 2011 to justify such compensation, it’s no surprise that the Patriots want to adjust the deal.

Liz Mullen of SportsBusiness Journal reports, and PFT has confirmed, that the Patriots have approached Ochocinco regarding the possibility of restructuring the contract.

It’s unknown at this point whether the Patriots wish to do a “simple restructuring,” which would give him up to $2.075 million in the form of a signing bonus and drop his 2012 cap number by up to $1.0375 million, or whether the Pats want Ochocinco to roll back his base salary to a lower amount.

Many league insiders believe that the Patriots opted not to cut Ochocinco during the 2011 season because the team paid him a $6 million signing bonus upon extending his contract after the trade that sent him from Cincinnati to New England.  There’s a much greater chance that, if he won’t re-do his deal, he’ll be cut before the 2012 season begins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yak, you think a draft pick will get on the field.

The coaches arent stupid, Obviously they saw something and know more than us fans.

Ocho in his 2nd year with an offseason is better than any Rookie you can get.

We are still gonna get a 2nd tier wr in free agency as well.

here is news for you,. Chad isnt washed up!  He was a victim of a numbers game and also a stubborn offensive coach who didnt want him on the field. How can her produce on the bench??  He still has quicks to get open. He probably didnt show well in practice as he wasnt always open where Brady wanted him to be, but he gets open.

Obie was the Problem, catering to a guy in Underwood who hasnt accomplished Zilch in this league only to spite Ocho.

Now that Obie is gone and B.B. wants Chad to say, what does that tell you.

B.B. is gonna make sure Joshy gets Chad involved. You think they want to see last year all over again. Brady falling in love w/Gronk and getting tunnel vision only for him to get hurt and we have no other options that were seasoned??? outside of Wes who failed us and has proven as good as he is, he isnt the clutch WR we need.

ON a crucial 3rd down, will Wes outjump anyone for the ball? will he box out anyone??  Nope!

Time to integrate more weapons to keep the defenses honest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Ocho Had At least 6 dropped passes and 15 receptions ,
    tell is there any WR prospect who is younger faster 
    that cant produce that number ,

If you had Stallworth instead he would have given at least 30 receptions ,
    chad has done his year with the pats no production
    time to move on and save a roster spot for some one who can produce
    the 6M salary is what kept chads job not his production 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Yak, you think a draft pick will get on the field. The coaches arent stupid, Obviously they saw something and know more than us fans. Ocho in his 2nd year with an offseason is better than any Rookie you can get. We are still gonna get a 2nd tier wr in free agency as well. here is news for you,. Chad isnt washed up!  He was a victim of a numbers game and also a stubborn offensive coach who didnt want him on the field. How can her produce on the bench??  He still has quicks to get open. He probably didnt show well in practice as he wasnt always open where Brady wanted him to be, but he gets open. Obie was the Problem, catering to a guy in Underwood who hasnt accomplished Zilch in this league only to spite Ocho. Now that Obie is gone and B.B. wants Chad to say, what does that tell you. B.B. is gonna make sure Joshy gets Chad involved. You think they want to see last year all over again. Brady falling in love w/Gronk and getting tunnel vision only for him to get hurt and we have no other options that were seasoned??? outside of Wes who failed us and has proven as good as he is, he isnt the clutch WR we need. ON a crucial 3rd down, will Wes outjump anyone for the ball? will he box out anyone??  Nope! Time to integrate more weapons to keep the defenses honest.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Sorry...but after what I saw from Ocho last year, he's done, and needs to go. I don't buy that he needed a year to learn the play book. His skills have simply diminished with age. If BB is expecting anything from this guy at this point, he's being delusional.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yakv, no offense, but how do you he cant produce? he averaged how many snaps a game?

How many catched that were thrown TO him and on target did he not catch? One TD in Buffalo??

Cmon man. You really think a rookie is gonna come here next year and do numbers??  Have you been paying attention to our draft picks?/

This is good news.

Read between the lines. Listen to what ocho said talking to Deion before the SB.

This guy got a raw deal.

Now, if he got the snaps that Tate did in 10, do you think he only has 15 catches??

Whenever his number was called , he was there, not his fault they didnt play him.

The fact B.B. wants to restructure tells me all I need to know. I'll take B.B.'s choices over yours all day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!! : He was productive as a #4 WR. If Edelman is to be an iron man moving forward and Slater remains on ST then you have essentially 2 WR spots open, even if you resign Branch. There is plenty of room to keep Ocho as a #4 WR, get a #1/2 vet, draft a young WR, resign Branch, and resign Welker. The thing is the amount you pay a #4 WR at this point
    Posted by PatsEng

Who was productive as a #4 WR?? Ocho??? You've got to be kidding. The guy had 15 receptions over a 16 game season, with one TD. Is that your idea of production?

I'd rather see the Pats bring in younger guy and work with him, than go another year with this washed up relic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

So tex, we are to believe that you know more about Chad and what he has left than B.B.?? the greatest coach of all time who watched and coached him for a year....Ha-hahhh

I hope he goes off and makes you eat yoour words.

I love it how everyone prefers rookies and expensive free agents. Glad you arent G.M.

Lets move on,just because.

Im done on the topic, I'll let next year speak for itself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'd rather see the Pats bring in younger guy and work with him, than go another year with this washed up relic.

Do you give up easily in life too Tex.

Stating over with a young guy??

We were just in the SB, we cant afford to baby guys.

If you consider his number of snaps, I would say 16 catches aint bad, you all act like he was Tate. A guy who DID get plenty of snaps all year and did zilch. Thats the young guy you want...lol

Go check how many snaps Tate needed to get his 30 receptions 2 years ago..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

So tex, we are to believe that you know more about Chad and what he has left than B.B.?? the greatest coach of all time who watched and coached him for a year....Ha-hahhh

RESPONSE: Did you watch the Patriots last year? If BB is trying to restructure his contract, it's likely that it's to give the guy one last chance in training camp, and make it financially easier for the Pats to cut him, if they wish. I can't believe that there are actual living, breathing Pats fans who want to bring this guy back!

I hope he goes off and makes you eat yoour words. I love it how everyone prefers rookies and expensive free agents. Glad you arent G.M. Lets move on,just because. Im done on the topic, I'll let next year speak for itself.

RESPONSE: Fat chance of that happening. The Pats need to revamp their WR corp with younger players.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I'd rather see the Pats bring in younger guy and work with him, than go another year with this washed up relic. Do you give up easily in life too Tex. Stating over with a young guy?? We were just in the SB, we cant afford to baby guys.

RESPONSE: Exactly why they need to cut Ocho. The Pats can't afford to baby him, and make excuses for him, any longer. The Pats LOST the SB, partly because their WRs stink. Sixteen catches over 19 games equals production to you??

If you consider his number of snaps, I would say 16 catches aint bad, you all like he was Tate. A guy who DID get plenty of snaps all year and did zilch. Thats the young guy you want...lol Go check how many snaps Tate needed to get his 30 receptions 2 years ago..

RESPONSE: Tate was more productive, both as a WR, and a kick returner, than Ocho. Yet, they released him. The only reason they kept Ocho around was because of his contract. Time for the Pats to admit their mistake, cut their losses, and move on.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

ocho didn't have a full camp last year....in a complicated system.....he isn't washed up....
    WRs didn't cost us SB..........they played well..just didn't have the gameplan to win..Giants played well also

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tex, Chad was thrown to once in the SB.  He made the catch. He was told to sit down.

Now maybe we will never know the strange case of Chad OchoCinco, but to consider the facts and then say we lost because our Wr's stink. No we lost because ONE Wr dropped a ball.

I love it how a guy is washed up because he didnt produce.

Here is a question for you Tex. How many catches can you make in one snap?

How many Snaps did Ocho have in the SB?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

exactly Jay

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tex, Chad was thrown to once in the SB.  He made the catch. He was told to sit down.

RESPONSE: Oh...so it's BB's fault that Ocho didn't have a major impact. I see...LOL!!!

Now maybe we will never know the strange case of Chad OchoCinco, but to consider the facts and then say we lost because our Wr's stink. No we lost because ONE Wr dropped a ball.

RESPONSE: The Pats had trouble running the ball and working their short and intermediate passing attack because the Giants were able to get away with playing their safeties up close to the line of scrimmage throughout the game. I didn't say that the Pats lost because their WRs suck...I said it was one of the reasons why they lost. Maybe Welker dropped that ball because he wasn't used to having to make such plays down-field, and because Brady threw him a bad ball. 

I love it how a guy is washed up because he didnt produce. Here is a question for you Tex. How many catches can you make in one snap? How many Snaps did Ocho have in the SB?

RESPONSE: Uhhhh...how about his regular season, in which he had 15 catches in 16 games?? Wow...what production!! So, in the SB, he played to form. In the regular season, he averaged one catch per game...and he had one catch in the SB.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Sections
Shortcuts