Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!

And then you have a team like Chicago who's leading WR had like 37 catches and M.Forte was the leading reciever.

We can all up pull up stats to make our points, but the MAIN point here is Ocho never received enough snaps, let alone targets to make the impact anyway.

We could easily take 15 catches away from each Wes and Gronk and could have distributed that to other players, but we didnt.

Its nice our TE broke an NFL record, but when he got hurt we were screwed for not implimenting anyone else in the offense all year. Lil Wes could not come up in the clutch for us. I wonder if Ocho makes that catch that Wes Dropped. He is about 5 inches taller....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!!:
    [QUOTE]We could easily take 15 catches away from each Wes and Gronk and could have distributed that to other players, but we didnt. Its nice our TE broke an NFL record, but when he got hurt we were screwed for not implimenting anyone else in the offense all year. Lil Wes could not come up in the clutch for us. I wonder if Ocho makes that catch that Wes Dropped. He is about 5 inches taller....
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!  This is what I was pointing out as well...Don't bash Ocho for O'Brian's Year long gameplaning & game calling that focused on only 1-2 main offensive players all year...it's not how we've won SBs the past 3 times!  I would have thought that the O'Brian & the Pats staff would have learned from Josh's similarly flawed offense in '07, but again, winning & breaking records blinds the truth that other teams (Giants once again) take advantage of & stifle our offense in the SB once again!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!! : EXACTLY!!!  This is what I was pointing out as well...Don't bash Ocho for O'Brian's Year long gameplaning & game calling that focused on only 1-2 main offensive players all year...it's not how we've won SBs the past 3 times!  I would have thought that the O'Brian & the Pats staff would have learned from Josh's similarly flawed offense in '07, but again, winning & breaking records blinds the truth that other teams (Giants once again) take advantage of & stifle our offense in the SB once again!
    Posted by mrtm70[/QUOTE]

Still blaming it all on O'Brien, I see. Are you  serious when you say, "winning and breaking records blinds the truth"....LOL!!!

What nonsense! The Pats lost SB 42 because their OL got manhandled by the Giants' front 7. They lost last year because Gronk was hurt, which exposed their weakness at WR...and the Giants were overall the better team.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

*SIGH*   smh

It almost makes you wanna stop watching it. You see a very capable team with the supposed best coach in the league and arguably ever and you sit and watch as they do boneheaded things like bring in Chad for one play and a 1st down and proceed to put him back on the bench for the rest of the game.

B.B. realized this doesnt work in 09'. They even had Gronk in the gameplan with one leg while capable playmakers rode the bench....I dont get it.

Time to take away one of Brady's binkie, so i say let Wes go, and start a new era. Smash mouth, playaction football. YOu mean to tell me if you had a run game and went playaction, Ocho couldnt get behind the linebackers???

We threw NO screens last year and the Playaction was an afterthought. Last time I checked these are still 2 important things in Offensive Football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Cut him now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!! :      Still blaming it all on O'Brien, I see. Are you  serious when you say, "winning and breaking records blinds the truth"....LOL!!!      What nonsense! The Pats lost SB 42 because their OL got manhandled by the Giants' front 7. They lost last year because Gronk was hurt, which exposed their weakness at WR...and the Giants were overall the better team.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I'm not blaming it all on O'Brian...if you read what I said, I said THE WHOLE offensive coaching staff.  If you watched the "Coach's Life" series on Belichick, he admitted the same thing back in the '07 season when teams figured out by taking Randy & Wes out of the game, the offense was nothing because TB only went primarily to them first.  Fast forward to the '11 season & it's the same thing with taking Gronk & Wes out of the game & there you go again.  IF the Offensive coaching staff was on top of things all season, they would have made sure that ALL WR & RBs were involved, thus making the opposing defense wonder who the ball was going to & confuse them.  I also do lay blame on TB for being reluctant all year to work with the other WRs to get them all on the same page and not just rely on his chemistry with an always injured Branch.

As for the comments about the Giants, I do agree they had a very dominating front 7 that offensive our line could not handle, but also our defense got way to cocky on the last drive and underestimated Eli and the playmaking ability they still potemtially had, which in turned allowed the Giants to drive & score the winning TD to seal the only loss for our Pats that year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh No Dont Go Thay Way Again!!! : EXACTLY!!!  This is what I was pointing out as well...Don't bash Ocho for O'Brian's Year long gameplaning & game calling that focused on only 1-2 main offensive players all year...it's not how we've won SBs the past 3 times!  I would have thought that the O'Brian & the Pats staff would have learned from Josh's similarly flawed offense in '07, but again, winning & breaking records blinds the truth that other teams (Giants once again) take advantage of & stifle our offense in the SB once again!
    Posted by mrtm70[/QUOTE]

I agree. We are an open book offense. Some fans here think we don't have the "talent" to be diverse. I say that is an excuse. We could have been throwing screens, and using the rb's in the passing game, as well as Chad, and Price all year, we just didn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Now this clown O'bie is taking shots at T.B. by saying "the drop" by Wes wasnt a drop but was a bad throw by Brady that should have been more inside. We all know it was a judgement call as it could have been dangerous if thrown too far inside. Bottom line, it wasnt a perfect throw, but very catchable ball. Brady was hurt after the tuck Sack and so why should we expect a perfect throw???

To top it all off, he said his one regret is not changing the first call of the game that led to a safety. He said its hindsight because they were confident in that play...?!?!?  Really???, not from the 3 yard line you EEEdiot!!