Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HighSchoolSportsReporter. Show HighSchoolSportsReporter's posts

Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again!

Teddy Bruschi, the new NFL Sideline Reporter for Access Hollywood and the National Inquirer, just verbally ripped the face off of Justin Makowitz, Video Intern for the Patriots.

Seems ol' Justin used Equal in his Dunkin Donuts Medium this morning -- and all true Patriots use the real stuff -- cold, hard, processed sugar.

We are waiting word from Rodney Harrison who has called a press conference this afternoon.

Good work, Teddy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again!

BREAKING NEWS!!!
    Former New England Patriot and current ESPN Analyst Teddy Bruschi, does NOT rip into current Patriot, Leigh Bodden who apparently tweets 24/7 and seldom sees the field due to injuries.  The fact that Bruschi doesn't equate tweeting to  Boddens lack of conditioning is highly suspect.
    More to come on this BREAKING STORY...
    In unrelated news, Patriots WR, J. Edelman now has over 25000 twitter followers.
    WOW!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Further proof that it's all about the laundry.

Erstwhile Dynasty hero Tedy Bruschi takes the laundry off . . .  and suddenly he's a deuschebag.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Now Bruschi reports that a PATTERN has evolved with the Patriots.  They can't cover the tall receivers. Wonder if he knows what a "pattern" means?
    Maybe he's clairvoyant?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't think he is being that bad. People are over-protective. 

He gets on people, though, as if he is still on the team. It's probably the kind of earful he would have given a player when he was here, and the kind of leadership that made that team work. 

However, when he is in a chari, in front of a camera, he seems like a cranky old man, who wishes he still had the ability to play. 

Frankly, when I watch him go on rants like that, I think, why the heck isn't he coaching for NE in some capacity. 

And, by and large, he has a point to make about Ocho's comments. Stop commenting wistfully and bewilderedly about how amazing and complex it is in NE, man. Get in there and figure it out. He makes himself seem like an outsider, even if he is trying overtime, which I believe he is....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Teddy does go a bit overboard and he's even getting too personal in his beating up on Chad, but I do think that any players using twitter with anything related to their teams should lay off of it. Zip it up and worry about your job, watch more film and perform on Sundays. Let others spread the praise or criticize the play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again!:
    [QUOTE]I don't think he is being that bad. People are over-protective.  He gets on people, though, as if he is still on the team. It's probably the kind of earful he would have given a player when he was here, and the kind of leadership that made that team work.  However, when he is in a chari, in front of a camera, he seems like a cranky old man, who wishes he still had the ability to play.  Frankly, when I watch him go on rants like that, I think, why the heck isn't he coaching for NE in some capacity.  And, by and large, he has a point to make about Ocho's comments. Stop commenting wistfully and bewilderedly about how amazing and complex it is in NE, man. Get in there and figure it out. He makes himself seem like an outsider, even if he is trying overtime, which I believe he is....
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

It's extremely disappointing to see some Patriot fans dissing the player who, as a player, was the perfect Patriot. The fact that Tedy isn't a "yes" man, and speaks his mind, is refreshing. He's an excellent analyst, especially when compared to ESPN idiots like Steve Young, Merrill Hodge, and Tom Jackson. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again! :      It's extremely disappointing to see some Patriot fans dissing the player who, as a player, was the perfect Patriot. The fact that Tedy isn't a "yes" man, and speaks his mind, is refreshing. He's an excellent analyst, especially when compared to ESPN idiots like Steve Young, Merrill Hodge, and Tom Jackson.        
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I can tolerate Young though. I like Keyshon though, which I'm sure is unpopular here. Tom Jackson is unbearable ... as is Hoge. 

Plus, a lot of folks don't 'get' football from the inside. If someone is underperforming, and all they are doing is saying "aw shucks" or "wow you guys are great" or "it's great to be here," they look like a fr!gg!n Mary. They'd get smacked around in practice too ... maybe it's tough, but it is what it is. 

I know Ocho is out there doing his reps, and working ... but he sounds like a schoolboy. Stop talking for the time being, until you are a contributor. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I know this thread is about Twitter and ESPN and all, but can we talk about 85's play for a second.  What is he doing out there?  I don't care about how long he's been on the team, the guy can't get open.  He takes a dumb penalty.  Not sure if he's mentally checked out or what, but I'm not sure what he brings to the dance at this point in his career.  Doesn't appear to be much. 

Yes, he may need time to learn the offense, but you can either play or you can't.  While I haven't watched him in practice, from what I've seen in the preseason and last week, he can't.  I guess give it a few more weeks before he goes the way of Joey G., but that's how it's looking at the moment.  I think I'd rather have Tate back.  At least he's fast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertebishop. Show robertebishop's posts

Shocking how much criticism he is getting after 1 game.  I am inclined to give the guy a chance.  If he ain't producing in a few weeks, then this sort of thing is more understandable.  We were in 2 tight end sets most of the night, and we have 2 ridiculously good tight ends, plus two guys named Welker and Branch.  Did we really think he was going be ahead of Branch and Welker week 1?  Yes, he also had one bone headed penalty.  No, he is not Randy Moss in 2007.

My own personal take (just my humble opinion), is that he tweeted to let people know that he is still thrilled to be part of the team even though he is saw very little action in Game 1.  This would not be surprising as many people have predicted (and I'd even say hope) that he will become a distraction if he is not "featured."  It wouldn't surprise me if he is overly sensitive to this perception, particularly given some of his history in Cinci and the inevitable comparisons to Moss and the circumstances under which he found his way out of town.  Clearly I am not in his head, but this was my take when I first read the tweet before all of this nonsense broke out.

Before the troll chatter starts, which inevitably happens once someone "new" chimes in here, I am not a troll, been a Pat's fan for years, since I was a kid - regular reader here, but infrequent poster.

Go Pats!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertebishop. Show robertebishop's posts

[QUOTE]That was EXACTLY my reaction. I actually saw it as a positive sign, where it would make him go even harder to be more of a part of it. This is why I asked if Bruschi would have flipped out if he had simply answered a media head's qusetion about the 517 yards in the locker room.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I am really surprised that not one "analyst" has taken this angle, at least not on any of programs, talk radio shows that I have watched / listened to.  I guess saying "Ocho tweets that still loves being the Pats even though he was only thrown to 3 times and only played 17 snaps" doesn't generate a lot of page hits for the media powers that be.......

I am pulling for the guy because from what I can tell (i) we paid him a lot of dough, and (ii) he seems genuinely thrilled to be here.  I never had a twitter account until he became a Patriot - I checked it out just to see what all the hype is all about around his tweeting.  From what I have read from him over the past few weeks, he loves being on the Patriots, he is commited to working hard, and he does not take for granted the good fortune he has of being a pro football player and a celebrity. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from titancoach77. Show titancoach77's posts

Teddy B. is full of sh*t ! This type of attitude is why players dont want to deal with the media, there's a bunch of real football to talk about,and thet deal with this crap. why didn't teddy b.rip Rodney harrison for taking steroids while they both were current players for he pats?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hi, My name is Teddy Bruschi and not only do I go to bed with a hard on, I wake up with one also. Why? Because I'm a hard on. I crap Patriot helmets and I guarantee I've eaten bowls of cereal that are bigger than you. I don't play rock, paper, scissors. Why? Because it's not dangerous enough. In the third grade I tried it, but was thrown out when I used a real rock, paper and scissors. Hell I'm so dangerous I even ran...with the scissors in my hands. You know that life insurance I sell? I'll never need it, I'll never die. I'm hardcore. Tweet that girls.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I know this thread is about Twitter and ESPN and all, but can we talk about 85's play for a second.  What is he doing out there?  I don't care about how long he's been on the team, the guy can't get open.  He takes a dumb penalty.  Not sure if he's mentally checked out or what, but I'm not sure what he brings to the dance at this point in his career.  Doesn't appear to be much.  Yes, he may need time to learn the offense, but you can either play or you can't.  While I haven't watched him in practice, from what I've seen in the preseason and last week, he can't.  I guess give it a few more weeks before he goes the way of Joey G., but that's how it's looking at the moment.  I think I'd rather have Tate back.  At least he's fast.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Tate works as a KR, but in the long run, I don't see him adding what Ocho can add once he comes around. You are right, Ocho is feeling around out there -- he is obviously having some difficulty. That is fine. 

I think the reference was to the kind of talk that he does.

But I strongly, strongly believe he will add to this team the next two seasons. He has just had a short offseason, and perhaps takes a bit longer to grasp some concepts, and let's not forget he needs to build rapport with Brady as well. 

But even mentioning a HOF caliber player like him with Tate just doesn't make sense, unless Tate starts tweeting like he is starstruck by the Bengals aura or something. Then they'll have something in common other than playing WR in the NFL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Tedy's loyalty is to the one that signs his paycheck.  Same for every other player in the NFL. It's a business, pure and simple.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's mad cause he wants the Pats to be the best.  If he didn't care he's be off making wine like Bledsoe.  Personally I think that brand of criticism should be said to someones face, and I'm sure if he were still on the team that's what would've happenned.

Whether you agree or disagree with him (and I disagree), I think what he says is what he believes.  Not a show for the media.  Harrison IMO comes across as kind of phony on TV.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again! : Ditto. I can tolerate Young though. I like Keyshon though, which I'm sure is unpopular here. Tom Jackson is unbearable ... as is Hoge.  Plus, a lot of folks don't 'get' football from the inside. If someone is underperforming, and all they are doing is saying "aw shucks" or "wow you guys are great" or "it's great to be here," they look like a fr!gg!n Mary. They'd get smacked around in practice too ... maybe it's tough, but it is what it is.  I know Ocho is out there doing his reps, and working ... but he sounds like a schoolboy. Stop talking for the time being , until you are a contributor. 

Amen to that. The only football the clowns who are getting on Tedy have probably played was with their younger brothers and sisters.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I seem to remember last night on the Documentary, BB saying, "You're supposed to get exited when you make a play and you're supposed to be exited when SOMEONE ELSE MAKES A PLAY'!
    Don't remember him excluding Chad although he wasn't on the team at the time, but i'm sure it still applies.
    It seems to me, that's all Chad was doing. Just after the game and on twitter.
    He just expresses himself differently.  B F D
    Now, I'm no shrink, but neither is Bruschi and he is entitled to his opinion, but to call out a Pats player the way he did was totally out of line.
    He has no idea what's in Chad's head and pretty much labeled him a slouch and a puzzy for all the world to hear.
    I wonder what BB thinks about that?  Do you think he appreciates all this negative attention while preparing for one of the more difficult games of the season?  I don't.  But that's just my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh No! Teddy Is At It Again! : Tate works as a KR, but in the long run, I don't see him adding what Ocho can add once he comes around. You are right, Ocho is feeling around out there -- he is obviously having some difficulty. That is fine.  ...But even mentioning a HOF caliber player like him with Tate just doesn't make sense, unless Tate starts tweeting like he is starstruck by the Bengals aura or something. Then they'll have something in common other than playing WR in the NFL.

Well, we're talking about now, not 4 years ago, right?  Joey Galloway had a great career as well, not as flamboyant as 85 but equally distinguished.  But at some point it just isn't there anymore.  Just like with Moss.  I referred to Tate because he was the last WR cut by the Pats (to my knowledge).  Just looking for someone who brings something to the table, besides social networking skills. Doesn't need to be a HOFer, just someone who can get open and run the right route or can make a defense notice that he's on the field.  Heck, I think Slater is a better receiver than 85 at this point.  

Sections
Shortcuts