Oh .... the IRONY (if you know what that is...)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Oh .... the IRONY (if you know what that is...)

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

cool Aide I love ya but this is really tortured logic, nice try

Thats the definition of irony.  Its twisted.   its a conundrum.  right Now Belichick is his own worst enemy in terms of getting this team over the top  ....  since he thinks he can do it like Frank Sinatra and ultimately (as shown in the years when they didn't lose those big games)...  it takes more of a collaboration with other experienced coaches to get the kind of gameplan that wins those games.   aint got it right now....

Again the other hallmark or irony is that Belichick is known to be innovative with players moving from offense to defense for example.  Do you get the feeling he is being innovative with his coaching staff?   NO.   Kind of stale.  NOw coaches are leaving.  The writing is on the wall.  Just saying ,  this is a big moment for this franchise, and IMO it requires some bold moves to reset the tempo for 2014. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

coolade, do you not see the contradiction in your own criticisms?  The Patriots under BB get to bigger games more often than any other team in the league.  That's not an opinion; it's a matter of record.  When a team gets to that level, the competition is off the charts.  You insist on going back to the AFCCG with Denver.  Do you not understand that this team reached that level having lost a total of 7 (if you count Talib's in game injury) key players, 3 on offense and 4 on defense?  And yet there they were playing for a shot in the SB. 

What you are suggesting is the NFL equivalent of launching a tactical nuclear weapon to eradicate an ant infestation in your garage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

coolade, do you not see the contradiction in your own criticisms?  The Patriots under BB get to bigger games more often than any other team in the league.  That's not an opinion; it's a matter of record.  When a team gets to that level, the competition is off the charts.  You insist on going back to the AFCCG with Denver.  Do you not understand that this team reached that level having lost a total of 7 (if you count Talib's in game injury) key players, 3 on offense and 4 on defense?  And yet there they were playing for a shot in the SB. 

What you are suggesting is the NFL equivalent of launching a tactical nuclear weapon to eradicate an ant infestation in your garage.

interesting analogy...  but a little extreme.    Totally appreciate the accomplishments of the team last year but the flipside is that it makes the disappointment of the last game that much more painful.   

The loss of the players was an oppportunity for guys to step in.  turns out they were better than expected.  So they got there.  They had the chance to put together a gameplan to beat Denver with the players they had.    They failed on both sides of the ball but the glaring ineptitude of the offense against Denvers average defense was what lost the game.   It happens.   but now we have a 9 year track record to go along with that loss.  Its a pattern.  its a structural flaw, IMO and the reason for the thread.

Either that or its status quo and excuse making.  Thats not my approach at this point.  9 years is enough time to evaluate and try to correct the flaws.   Belichick is always saying..." we need to play better, coach better...  etc"  .  Well...  get better coaches and maybe they will coach better.   Now is the time to do it.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think you are going to be very disappointed if you are hoping for big changes in the coaching staff this year. BB has already said they are pretty much set.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The shocking reality is that teams replace players every year , along with some coaches but not as often.

Half the time the current coaches are at fault but don't get replaced. . What does that say to a player?

it's not rocket science...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

The shocking reality is that teams replace players every year , along with some coaches but not as often.

Half the time the current coaches are at fault but don't get replaced. . What does that say to a player?

Did you read what Andre Carter said about this very subject? Check the thread on that, if you haven't. Basically, he said the exact opposite of your position. That continuity with the coaching staff is one of the major reasons for the success of the team over the years.

I will side with Andre Carter on this one. I'm guessing he has more experience than you do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Did you read what Andre Carter said about this very subject? Check the thread on that, if you haven't. Basically, he said the exact opposite of your position. That continuity with the coaching staff is one of the major reasons for the success of the team over the years.

I will side with Andre Carter on this one. I'm guessing he has more experience than you do.

Aint got continuity now do ya...?    2 coaches have bailed. 

I get your point along with Andre Carter, but look at Andy Reid taking KC to the playoffs in his first year.  Coaching changes can help teams.   Also...  Carter is talking specifically about his experience on defense.   this thread is mostly about the offense.

What I'm talking about is tweaking the staff, not a wholesale clearout.  Belichick is not going anywhere nor should he.  He just needs to learn from mistakes like everyone else.  Address the failure.    Make the changes necessary to make the team better.   Just like making player changes.  it should be exactly the same... you would think.

Sections
Shortcuts