Oh those classy New Yorkers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Oh those classy New Yorkers

In the news in upstate NY today.

Bills kick returner has home vandalized by angry fans but he forgives them. Otherwise they'd probably burn it down.

http://stats.syracuse.com/fb/story.asp?i=20090916192046610000101&ref=rec&tm=2&src=NFL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: Oh those classy New Yorkers

In Response to Oh those classy New Yorkers:
    In the news in upstate NY today. Bills kick returner has home vandalized by angry fans but he forgives them. Otherwise they'd probably burn it down. http://stats.syracuse.com/fb/story.asp?i=20090916192046610000101&ref=rec&tm=2&src=NFL
    Posted by Evil2009
    ...yeah, and Bob Stanley and Bill Buckner were sent flowers, fruit baskets, and cards saying "keep up the good work" after game 6......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Leave it to New Yorkers to start treating their sports-stars like some third world country does their soccer players after an off game?
    Someone ought to remind Buffalo that they're fortunate to have a franchise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

well, there are new yorkers and there are new yorkers... there is new york city and upstate new york.  this is upstate which is a different state than nyc or downstate.   two different animals here...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

Leave it to the Sully idiots on this board to blame the actions a few morons on the whole state

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

After the game monday, I don't think any city would be "fortunate" to have the bills as thier franchise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

That was just a couple of jerks.  I wouldn't blame all of Buffalo.  I know a couple of people here in Florida from Buffalo and they love their Bills.  Great fans who travel back up there to go to games.   

Imagine living in Florida and paying money to go to Buffalo in November or December.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"well, there are new yorkers and there are new yorkers... there is new york city and upstate new york.  this is upstate which is a different state than nyc or downstate.   two different animals here.."

Right. Upstate New Yorkers shovel snow. New York City New Yorkers shovel...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Oh those classy New Yorkers:
    well, there are new yorkers and there are new yorkers... there is new york city and upstate new york.  this is upstate which is a different state than nyc or downstate.   two different animals here...
    Posted by jcappy

You're right. Downstaters are worse. I've been to hockey and football games in Buffalo, Madison Square Garden and the Meadowlands and by far the bigger aholes are downstate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

That was just a couple of jerks.  I wouldn't blame all of Buffalo.  I know a couple of people here in Florida from Buffalo and they love their Bills.  Great fans who travel back up there to go to games.    Imagine living in Florida and paying money to go to Buffalo in November or December.   
    Posted by bostatewarrior

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

That was just a couple of jerks.  I wouldn't blame all of Buffalo.  I know a couple of people here in Florida from Buffalo and they love their Bills.  Great fans who travel back up there to go to games.    Imagine living in Florida and paying money to go to Buffalo in November or December.   
    Posted by bostatewarrior

This is not my first time posting on here, just my first time since they changed to this new format a while ago. Anyway, I am originally from Mass. and have been living and working up here in Upstate NY for almost 11 years now and I have been to two different Pats/Bills games in (Really Orchard Park, NY) Buffalo (Last one was on Nov. 18, 2007 when The Pats killed the Bills 56-10 Wow, What a Game!) and I have found that The Bills Fans are generally a Very Loyal Fan Base to there team. Quite a few of my yocal, local Buddys up here are Bills fans and they are really good guys. So I agree with you bostatewarrior on this subject. I am going to The Pats/Bills game on Dec. 20th with a Buddy of mine from Mass. and we have got the best seats I have ever had for a game, I can,t wait! For the most part it is The Giants and Jests Fans who can be a real pain up here. Especially The Yankees Fans, Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ! !

GO NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! Let's Kick Some J-E-T-S "You-Know-What"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Oh those classy New Yorkers : This is not my first time posting on here, just my first time since they changed to this new format a while ago. Anyway, I am originally from Mass. and have been living and working up here in Upstate NY for almost 11 years now and I have been to two different Pats/Bills games in (Really Orchard Park, NY) Buffalo (Last one was on Nov. 18, 2007 when The Pats killed the Bills 56-10 Wow, What a Game!) and I have found that The Bills Fans are generally a Very Loyal Fan Base to there team. Quite a few of my yocal, local Buddys up here are Bills fans and they are really good guys. So I agree with you bostatewarrior on this subject. I am going to The Pats/Bills game on Dec. 20th with a Buddy of mine from Mass. and we have got the best seats I have ever had for a game, I can,t wait! For the most part it is The Giants and Jests Fans who can be a real pain up here. Especially The Yankees Fans, Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ! ! GO NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! Let's Kick Some J-E-T-S "You-Know-What"!
    Posted by UPSTATENYPATSFAN

Wow- hating the Yankees even shows up on the football forums.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Hey gang! Good afternoon and How are ya!?

I wonder if NY fans are as classy as the NE fans that beat up a girl wearing a Dolphins jacket??Yeah you heard me ... a girl!That speaks volumes about the fan base up there.

Jets roll and you all whine in here for a week until the following weekend.Don't you guys ever get tired of the incessant whining?
    Jets in a laugher .Take the Jets and the points.You can thank me on Monday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Dude seriously, what is wrong with you that you have to spend your days on a New England Website talking trash.

Its unbelievable. Get a life.

I betcha we wont see you on here monday

f'n doosh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Hi Leon, I'm good today, Anyways yor Jets are making themselves look like fools with the trash talk, we'll see about taking the Jets, after this week,you might want to take cover when the Jets lose.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

I challenged him over in the "Jets to Embarrass Pats" post......he won't back up his trash talk.......wonder why?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The style of talk coming from the Jets sounds very similar to another team that likes to talk trash.  Can you guys think of that team?  Oh yeah, the Chargers.  Hmmm....  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Even the Jets fans want their team to stop talking.  Here is a comment from a user (Wahoo) on the Gang Green board (edited for profanity):

I mean, enough already. The Patriots have bi$%h slapped them for a decade now, in every way possible, and won a few championships along the way. Can the Jets stop talking, and just beat them on the field? Then maybe you can have something to say. The response to questions about this game should have been "it's just another game in week 2 of the season". Then go out and kick their arrses. Then the talk can start. I appreciate Ryan trying to change the attitude here, but if (and probably when) they lose this week, it will be just the Same Ole Jets - a lot of talk, and no results. And then you become even a bigger laughingstock than you are. So lets shut up, and concentrate on trying to beat these pricks, ok?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

When did a girl get beat up at a Pats home game wearing a Phins jacket? I have season ticket Leon so I would love to know when this happened and how I dont know about it? If this really happened in Foxboro it would have been in the news no doubt. So again please provide a link or some proof about this cause right now I am going to call it BS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Unlike you NEnglanders we New Yorkers lives don't revolve around sports teams.So whatever the Jets do win or lose little ole Leon will be right here! 
    Posted by leonJetsLeon

You apparently don't even look at your own team's boards.  You cannot possibly visit a site like TheGangGreen and believe what you are saying?  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Soldier Boy!How are ya!
    Still lurking around the Jets site.They are so much more knowledgeable then pats fans.On that point I have to agree with you.
    Why would I,Leon,have any interest in going to a Jets site when I have way too much fun in here?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Oh those classy New Yorkers:
    In the news in upstate NY today. Bills kick returner has home vandalized by angry fans but he forgives them. Otherwise they'd probably burn it down. http://stats.syracuse.com/fb/story.asp?i=20090916192046610000101&ref=rec&tm=2&src=NFL
    Posted by Evil2009

Any of you ever read what Bill Russell has to say about how he was treated by the wonderful people of Boston? Maybe we shouldn't make blanket statements about an entire region because some idiot fan who lost $10 in an office pool wants to do something stupid to McKelvin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I have no problem with New Yorkers.  Most of the ones I have known or met were fine.  You will always have bad apples in any lot.

As far as the trash talking, Ryan is doing what is best for the team and the NFL - raise interest to raise sales.  Did you see some of those empty stadiums this weekend?  It was like pre-season attendance levels at some venues.  The NFL must be hurting, between slow ticket sales and dropping ad revenue. Sucky economy is putting the hurt on the fans, which in turn is putting the hurt on the NFL, one of the costliest tickets in sports.

Leon - you crazy dude - send us the link about the Miami fan getting beat.  I missed that one.  Embarassing, more so if it was truly motivated by fan rivalry.  I have only been to one Pats game (MNF, versus the 'Fins, Bledsoe against Marino, when Bledsoe broke his finger and still won on the last play of the game, after time had run out) and the crowd seemed pretty civil to the Miami fans, good funning and all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rougehose. Show rougehose's posts

The Jets are funny.  The Pats go down there every year and deliver a beat down.  You can be sure the NFL will be looking for a urine sample from Mr Rhodes.   Does he have any idea how the Pats have humiliated them for years in every imaginable way?  Very funny though, you very funny man Kerry Rhodes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

The Jets are funny.  The Pats go down there every year and deliver a beat down.  You can be sure the NFL will be looking for a urine sample from Mr Rhodes.   Does he have any idea how the Pats have humiliated them for years in every imaginable way?  Very funny though, you very funny man Kerry Rhodes.
    Posted by rougehose
    ...and its funny that with your current winning ways, you only now have tied the season series between the 2 teams. Wonder what was happening for all those previous years...

Sections
Shortcuts