O.J. Atogwe released by the rams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

O.J. Atogwe released by the rams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e6062d/article/atogwe-cut-by-rams-open-to-a-return-with-the-team?module=HP_headlines

He's in his prime right now and i think he would be an awesome fit for the patriots secondary, a boost to our pass defence and a veteren attitude and role model in the secondary. It would boost our overall defence, he may not cost much if we trade Brandon meriweather who is in his contract year, what do you guys think

good move or bad goign after Atogwe

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: O.J. Atogwe released by the rams

I wonder if a player ever got released suddenly and fell to the ground...I did that once it was embarrassing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

As always, depending on the contract he wants, would love to kick the tires on him.  Infact moreso than Sanders. Atogwe has been much more healthy than Bob has been.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he is a very talented safety who i would enjoy seeing in a pats uniform but i think we are pretty set at safety.  he will probably get a mega bucks offer from dallas who is desperate for a safety.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Try and trade BM to Dallas and snag him, we still have chung who is the SS of the future for the Pats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

...and why would Dallas do that when Atogwe is out there???

There are several teams out there who need safeties badly.  Dallas and Houston being two.  Sanders and Atogwe will end up with these teams.  There is no reason to come to NE for a job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: O.J. Atogwe released by the rams:
    [QUOTE]Try and trade BM to Dallas and snag him, we still have chung who is the SS of the future for the Pats
    Posted by Wildwillis[/QUOTE]
    See that wouldnt be a good move BM is pretty good your a hater. Also he is rather cheap much younger and otagwe had his best season in a contract year......hmmmmmm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour

In Response to Re: ESPN reporting a Rask Trade Rumour:
    [QUOTE]Tracked it down - it was Andy Strickland, the St. Louis Blues blogger who reported that the Bruins were looking to sign Bill Guerin. Kind of ironic that his blog is called "TrueHockey,com," isn't it?  Obviously, as davecarr noted, it's not a "rumor" but a "proposal": Most of the speculation thus far as been about the Boston Bruins trading Tim Thomas, not Tuukka Rask. But TrueHockey.com's Andy Strickland writes, "Boston is seeking a puck moving D-man and the re-emergence of goaltender Tim Thomas has given GM Peter Chiarelli some options to play with. If you're Boston would you hang onto Rask who obviously can't help you in the playoffs if he's sitting on the bench?" Now, it's probably unlikely they deal Rask, mostly because he's clearly their goalie of the future. However, if a puck-moving blueliner becomes available on the trade market, Rask could be a valuable trade chip and the Bruins might be willing to make that swap, especially give the rarity of puck-movers. That said, it makes a lot more sense to trade Thomas because the veteran stopper carries a $5 million cap hit until 2013. Getting rid of that cap number would provide much-needed flexibility for the B's. As I said before, "Rumor Central" doesn't differentiate among rumors, speculation, or pure baloney. They print EVERYTHING. (and guys like Murphy pick it all up and publicize it as fact, but that's another story).
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Glad to see you back.Regardless of the way some of us snipe at one another,I've always enjoyed reading your stuff.Hope all is well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

We are set a safety.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Pretty good safety, although it remains to be seen if he would be good here.  I wouldnt compare the Rams 4-3 defense to the 3-4 of the Pats.

Other thing is safety is probably the most set position even not including Meriweather who I dont believe will be traded as some others here believe.

We rarely trade away players like Brandon.  His money is reasonable, and he will most likely play out his contract next year and move on without much of a comotion.  I think they already know he is gonna want money after making 2 pro bowls, but problem is he isnt worth the money, IMO

Now with out Meriweather, we would still have Chung, Sanders(2 more years?), Sergio Brown(impressive rook)  , Jarrad Page(solid vet), Bret Lockett( s/t, backup) , Josh Barret(young guy w/potential) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SANDERS will be far cheaper than atogwe.. whats wrong with all u nuts wanting to trade merriweather? for the price and performance and upside, he's a definite BARGAIN!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to O.J. Atogwe released by the rams:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e6062d/article/atogwe-cut-by-rams-open-to-a-return-with-the-team?module=HP_headlines He's in his prime right now and i think he would be an awesome fit for the patriots secondary, a boost to our pass defence and a veteren attitude and role model in the secondary. It would boost our overall defence, he may not cost much if we trade Brandon meriweather who is in his contract year, what do you guys think good move or bad goign after Atogwe
    Posted by nathan-ndeira[/QUOTE]

The reality is, they'd need to find a market for either Merriweather or Sanders to add another Safety here.

The question would be, is Atogwe more valuable in this system than either one of those two?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Since Atogwe was released over salary issues not because he can no longer play. 

He's be worth looking into but don't start buying his Pats jersey just yet, since he's looking for north of $7 mill per year.

The total we paid all our current safeties in 2010 is about $5 million. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

They will do what they wish.  Not even going to attempt to speculate.  The team we fielded last year, plus the experience they got, plus some returning off IR guys, plus a few good draft picks, will be fine. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts