Ok Gm's, who are the 7 inactives for the game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ok Gm's, who are the 7 inactives for the game?

Was thinking about this yesterday and just heard they were talking about it on Patriots radio.
    What's your guess?
    Mallett
    Polite
    Malcolm Williams
    Shane Vareen
    Kutouvides
    Nick McDonald
    Brace
    Also who is unsung hero or Breakout player?
    Hoping Ellis and Ocho contribute, we need them all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Ok Gm's, who are the 7 inactives for the game?

Replace Polite with Underwood and I think that sounds about right

They will need Polite to lead the way and run all over the Giants just they they did to use 4 years ago

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

How about Hoyer as a surprise inactive? Now before you jump all over me for this one, think about...just how likely are they to win if Brady goes down? They might decide one more active player is worth rolling the dice in this game. If Tom were to go down, Hoyer would have to step in against one of the toughest front 4 in the NFL, in the biggest game of his life, against a team tht can score very well. Do any of us really think he would be able to go toe to toe with the Giants?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Ok Gm's, who are the 7 inactives for the game?:
    [QUOTE]How about Hoyer as a surprise inactive? Now before you jump all over me for this one, think about...just how likely are they to win if Brady goes down? They might decide one more active player is worth rolling the dice in this game. If Tom were to go down, Hoyer would have to step in against one of the toughest front 4 in the NFL, in the biggest game of his life, against a team tht can score very well. Do any of us really think he would be able to go toe to toe with the Giants?
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Well Hoyer won't win you a game he is a game manager. If Brady goes down in the second half and the Pats are up Hoyer might be able to tread water enough to prevent the Giants from winning. Without Hoyer and Mallett though you are down to Edelman? That would almost assure the Giants would get 3 and outs from that point on.

Hoyer has to be the back up

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Gary Guyton has to be an option when you have Mayo, Spikes, Nink, Fletcher, WHite and Koukavides. Just need one more: Vereen Mallett Nick McDonald Underwood Malcom Williams Guyton ?
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Has Brace been active much lately?
    I also thought Underwood but we might need the WR's if Gronk is limited.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]Gary Guyton has to be an option when you have Mayo, Spikes, Nink, Fletcher, WHite and Koukavides. Just need one more: Vereen Mallett Nick McDonald Underwood Malcom Williams Guyton ?
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Maybe Cannon or Donald Thomas??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Maybe I haven't been watching closely enough, but Polites blocking hasn't looked particularly effective.  Is he really worth a roster spot?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I haven't been watching closely enough, but Polites blocking hasn't looked particularly effective.  Is he really worth a roster spot?
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

polite may mean more to this game due to the gronk injury...not sure how effective gronk will be run blocking

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If Vollmer is active, Polite is not needed.  They will use Solder as a TE/Blocker.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Polite will be in

Ridley will be out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I was wondering, can you risk not having #3 QB Mallet suited? Is the game essentially over when you lose your 1st and 2nd QBs?  The guy has game, from what we have seen so far.  In the worst case, it would be hard to watch Edleman finish the game at QB, knowing they had Mallet on the roster.

You have to suit Ventrone.  It is just too good of a story. Besides, he is due for a big play.  His brother made what would have been the big play of the last drive in SB42 had the Giants drive stalled and the Pats won.

I agree that Polite sits if both Vollmer and Gronk play.

Malcolm Williams and Gary Guyton sit.

A confident Ridley would be nice to have, but he has a high fumble to carry ratio and the Pats are deep at RB, with Hernandez not taking plays.

Vereen also sits.

Underwood also sits, so everybody can admire his un-adorned, simply spectacular mane.  And because he can't seem to make a play (yet).

After that, I'm lost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Its amazing that the NFL doesnt allow the full 53 man roster to be used for the season finale.

The comp commitee needs to look into making a rule change .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Polite and Ocho-Stinko are wasted roster spots. Don't forget the Pats signed Carson Butler to the practice roster a week ago. He could be a suprise active if you need a blocking TE so Gronk doesn't need to (or can't) push off with his ankle.
    The Pats dropped a blocking TE before the 08 SB and could have used him, won't happen again. Gotta dress 2 QBs and Ridley should be dressed for his outside speed, he's legit and knows he screwed up and can't put the ball on the ground in this game. When the Giants stack the box Ridley could break away to the outside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

They can't bring Verone in...if he's on the active roster one more time, he can't be on the practice squad next year or something.  He's where he is for this year.  He'll get a ring though! :)

Mallet will sit...as will Vereen.

I'm really not sure about Brace.  I saw the Giants doing a lot of cut blocking against SF and I'd be nervous without the DL depth. 

Polite is a tough one...if he's in, we're running the ball for sure.  Tough to call... Guyton will likely sit too...

Darn it...good question.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Its amazing that the NFL doesnt allow the full 53 man roster to be used for the season finale. The comp commitee needs to look into making a rule change .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Cool idea.

But if they really cared about the players feelings, they wouldn't be pushing for 18-game seasons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Patriots inactives vs Ravens: Ryan Mallett, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Gary Guyton, Donald Thomas, Sebastian Vollmer, Chad Ochocinco.

Patriots inactives vs Broncos: Ryan Mallett, Nate Jones, Shane Vereen, Gary Guyton, Donald Thomas, Sebastian Vollmer, Ron Brace.

Vollmer and Ridley are supposed to be in, I'd guess Ocho is in as well. That leaves Mallet, Vereen, Guyton, Thomas, Jones and Brace from the list of the past 2 games. Malcolm Williams??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Can Polite play TE or HB?  Would he enjoy putting some wham blocks on the G-men?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ok Gm's, who are the 7 inactives for the game? : Cool idea. But if they really cared about the players feelings, they wouldn't be pushing for 18-game seasons.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]No S H I T how about 12 game seasons,the NFL is just a meat puppets festival,like a slaughter house or a abortion mill.

Sections
Shortcuts