OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft

The Pats trade both both first round picks to acquire current and future picks. (SOP)

Through a another trade of picks they move up to early second round and take Andre Branch.

They will have 3 number ones next year. (2 acquired this year plus their own )

They will add additional 3-5th round picks next year

Notice I didn't say "write it down"....I ain't stupid enough to think I could get away with that 2 years in a row.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

Re: OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft

In Response to OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft:
    The Pats trade both both first round picks to acquire current and future picks. (SOP)   Through a another trade of picks they move up to early second round and take Andre Branch.   They will have 3 number ones next year. (2 acquired this year plus their own )   They will add additional 3-5 th round picks next year     Notice I didn't say "write it down"....I ain't stupid enough to think I could get away with that 2 years in a row.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Just can't see the logic as to what your thinking about.  This draft is a very deep draft with great potental. I don't see BB running away from this draft, especially after last years defensive performance. Pats need some solid players now for the future of the team. We might even see a trade or two. BB goes in draft ready to do business.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft:
    In Response to OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft : Just can't see the logic as to what your thinking about.  This draft is a very deep draft with great potental. I don't see BB running away from this draft, especially after last years defensive performance. Pats need some solid players now for the future of the team. We might even see a trade or two. BB goes in draft ready to do business.
    Posted by flag-waiver

With all due respect, I just can't see the logic of your post. Have you not watched the way BB drafts? BB has passed on many solid players in past drafts to accumulate picks. What makes you think that this is the year BB drafts a few playmakers on D instead of many crapshoots in hope that one sticks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Don't see them trading both 1sts. BB's mo when having two 1st round picks is to draft a player with one of the 1sts (even if that means trading back a couple spots before spending it) and trade the other for later picks this year and a future pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

My predictions:

a.) BB trades away both first rounders
    b.) I will be very disappointed with the players/positions that he does draft
    c.) Down the road he will have proved (yet) again that he is smarter than I am

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Usually at the 27-31 level one player is truly hanging, ready to be picked.  Rarely are two players hanging, and so one of the picks is trade bait.  Rarely, no players are hanging and two teams are willing to trade in to a 2012 draft choice.  Sometimes BB just dribbles a first round pick downward slowly, picking up sixth, fourth and third rounder profits.

I suspect that BB has gotten rid of all of his fifth, sixth and seventh rounders because they have little or no value for a 13-3 team.  They turn into cuts in late August, and then the same players go off to play for rivals. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to OK, here's my call for Thursday's Draft : Just can't see the logic as to what your thinking about.  This draft is a very deep draft with great potental. I don't see BB running away from this draft, especially after last years defensive performance. Pats need some solid players now for the future of the team. We might even see a trade or two. BB goes in draft ready to do business.
    Posted by flag-waiver

yes I definitely agree!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i can see bb trading both 1st rounders, for a first next year and to get more picks this year. i just don't think he sees value in the late first. i can see him accumulating picks in the second, third and/or fourth rounds where i believe there are potential starters at WR, OG. he uses two second rounders on a DT and a DE/OLB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He uses one 1st and trades the other, standard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

My predictions: a.) BB trades away both first rounders b.) I will be very disappointed with the players/positions that he does draft c.) Down the road he will have proved (yet) again that he is smarter than I am
    Posted by Cyberknot

your comment proves that your smarter than many of us. at least you understand how things really work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Only one time has BB ever not picked a first rounder (2009). Nearly every year his supposed trading down leaves the Pats with a higher pick than they were given. 2012 -given 31st, got a 27th 2011- given 27th, used a 17th 2008- given 31st (and taken away), used a 10th 2007- given 28th, used 24th 2004- given 32nd, used 21st and 32nd So let's see, they moved up 4 spots this year, 10 spots last year, 21 spots in 2008, 4 spots in 07, and 11 spots in 04. Overall they've gained (and picked) 2 more first than they've been given in the last ten years and have improved their draft position in every round. They are universally rated as one of the best drafting teams over the last ten years and have drafted more All Pros over that time than any other team. All that despite having the lowest draft position of any other team. I can't really see how not doing these trades and drafting later picks would be a good thing. They've gotten players like Mayo, Wilfork, Gronk, and Solder. Players they wouldn't have been able to get without trades.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

BB trades the 31st pick for Pats 27th pick and then he trades his 27th pick for the Pats 31st pick.  He ends up with both pick plus Oakland's first round pick next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

BB trades the 31st pick for Pats 27th pick and then he trades his 27th pick for the Pats 31st pick.  He ends up with both pick plus Oakland's first round pick next year.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

i d not believe even bb is that brilliant

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

My predictions: a.) BB trades away both first rounders b.) I will be very disappointed with the players/positions that he does draft c.) Down the road he will have proved (yet) again that he is smarter than I am
    Posted by Cyberknot

hahahaha awesome post!! That is exactly the way I feel!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosedaddy. Show goosedaddy's posts

BB will trade the second pick in 1st round for a 3rd 5th and 6th. Will trade a second for a 1 next year and a 6th this year. Will get a LB with 2nd, a OT and S with 3rds, a WR with 4th, a CB with 5th, a TE with 6th and a CB with 7th. One CB will be cut as will the TE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJL1955. Show DJL1955's posts

Had to chuckle reading Cyberknots post ... how true , how true - BB always does things on draft day which leaves me scratching my head ... then down the road - it always seems to make sense ... so what do I know anyway. That being said ... just this once I would like to see them actually USE these picks .. the brady years are slipping by us, and the window is closing ... lets do something to strengthen that Defense NOW ... we need to get guys that can get after the QB ...

Sections
Shortcuts