Ok I'm convinced I want to trade for Osi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok I'm convinced I want to trade for Osi

The latest reports about Osi are that the Giants asking price might have dropped to a 3rd round pick for the vet and the other report is that Osi won't force the trading team to extend him by sitting out. He only has one year left on his contract but the Pats have always shown a willingness to take a vet in the last year of their contracts for a mid round pick.

If the NYG take the Pats 3rd in return then I'd be more the willing to take him for 1 year and see what happens next off season.

Here's the report on him willing to not extend if traded:

" Osi Umenyiora made it clear Wednesday that any team trading for him would not have to extend his contract.

Expecting to have the best year of his career, Umenyiora is happy to play out the last year of his contract to hit the free agent market in 2013. Umenyiora expects trade talk to heat up over the next few days, and suggests he and the Giants have many "issues" to work through."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Ok I'm convinced I want to trade for Osi

He is a 4/3 end, we play the 3/4.  He might be able to make the switch to OLB but it's a question you'd like to know the answer to before you make the trade? Also if he doesn't reasonably extend you just wasted a pick...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Ok I'm convinced I want to trade for Osi:
    [QUOTE]He is a 4/3 end, we play the 3/4.  He might be able to make the switch to OLB but it's a question you'd like to know the answer to before you make the trade? Also if he doesn't reasonably extend you just wasted a pick...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Watching Osi through the years he has the ability to drop back and cover and actually setup a number of times standing up so I don't doubt he could play as a 34 OLB or a 43 DE.

The extension question is a good one but as I mentioned before BB has never one to shy away from taking a pro-bowl caliber vet with only a 1 or 2 years left on their deal for the right pick of course. Given that a late 3rd is no guarantee to contribute to a team I might be willing to give it up for a player who can consistently put pressure on a QB and register double digit sacks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

[QUOTE]He is a 4/3 end, we play the 3/4.  He might be able to make the switch to OLB but it's a question you'd like to know the answer to before you make the trade? Also if he doesn't reasonably extend you just wasted a pick...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

We are no longer pidgeon holed into being a 3-4 team.  We are a multiple front team, one which a player like Osi would certainly play a role.  I doubt he would be an every down player, but few on this front 7 are, other than Wilfolk basically.  Osi would play on the front 7...in multiple roles in unpredictable situations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him join the Patriots especially since there has been no talks with my man Andre Carter.

As far as 3-4 or 4-3, I'm pretty sure they would have an understanding of the position and impact Osi would have regardless of what formation they ran.  I don't think they would bring him in without him or the Pats knowing the role that he would be playing.  We shall wait and see what happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'm in for a 3rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

He's on his way out...and seeks a bloated, long term contract. No, thanks. I'd rather see the Pats go with younger guys on "D".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's asking for a King's Ransom. Giants have bent over backwards to get it done but he wants top dollar. He ain't getting that here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know he is 4/3 more then a 3/4 type but I bet Belichick could work this out. I would do a 4th for him in a heartbeat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

3rd for one year....sure why not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Belichick probably already knows if he can effectively move to the OLB so if they make the move for a 3rd then great. He's 30 so he should have a couple of more years left in the tank, while Bradys career winds down. The Patriots are at a point where they can and need to win a couple right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If they recently changed their stance from a 2nd rd pick to a 3rd, then they'll want a good 3rd rd pick, they are not taking the 2nd to last pick in rd 3 from a bitter rival they may see in the SB again

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

[QUOTE]3rd for one year? NO THANKS... btw the 3rd round isn't a middle round. it's an early round. 1-3 are early round 4th is the mid round 5-7 are late rounds
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Says you.  1-2 are early, 3-5 are mid, 6 and 7 are late...

15. This post has been removed.