OK - Its time to call Moss

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: OK - Its time to call Moss

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss:
    In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : Yes, they missed it so much that they went 11-1 after Moss was jettisoned. The hurry up/spread went away because someone decided they needed to "run the ball more".  Since then, they are 2-2.
    Posted by dmpc

I did not say they needed Moss. But the Pats have no threat beyond 15yds. And that hurts this offense. Don't give me stats. I am going off these last 2 games in the past 3 weeks. Teams have figured out the Pats offensively. And if they had any deeper threat, it would open up the short game again. It is what it is. And this is just how I feel dmpc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : If they wanted him as a decoy, he wouldn't have been traded. Do you people EVEN THINK?????
    Posted by dmpc

Dude,
    Moss might be open to doing what ever it takes to get back to playing with 12.  Did you ever think of that?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : The Patriots caught everyone off gaurd when Moss left.  The Jets figured them out in the Playoffs and now there is no secret, everyone has the Patriots figured out now.  There is no creativity to the play calling anymore and you can only do so much with a short game now that everyone has them figured out. The Pats answer to a hail mary without a deep threat is to pass short and try the ol pitch and pray play.  No chance at sending someone deep and throwing the ball up for either a long bomb catch or a possible PI call,  No doubt about it, the Patriots need a deep threat bad.  Moss is the only one out there that makes sense.  He knows the system and the Patriots know how to use him.  Other teams didnt know how to use him, they didn't have a short game like the Pats have.  THe short game opens up the long ball and the long ball with Moss would open up the short game.  It's really the only chance to salvage the season. And No, TO isn't better then Moss, it would take time to teach another Bengal how to play Patriots ball and TO has some mental issues, he's a mess right now. Come on BB, make the call!!  
    Posted by TFB12

I am not sure Moss is the answer, but not having a deep threat is spot on tfb12. Finally, someone who sees the light.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : It didn't hurt them while they were going 14-2 WITHOUT a "deep throat" now did it? Teams had 16 games to "figure out the Pats".  Miami knew what they were going to do.  Did they stop it?  The fact is, someone decided the Pats needed to "run the ball" and they derailed themselves.  I guess you missed the time Brady burned Reeves for 80. How you "feel" and how BB feels are not the same.  Heck, I wished they hadn't cut Tony Eason, in fact I even wrote to Victor Kiam about the move.
    Posted by dmpc

Once again living on last yrs record. By the way, where did that 14-2 record get them. Oh yeah, another early exit. Well this is a discussion board filled with how we all feel is it not? But you seem so stuck on stats and past performances. Open both eyes and view the team over the past 2 weeks. They stunk. And now they face the Jets at their stadium. And if they bring this same putrid offensive and improving defense, they won't win. Simple.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : Did you ever THINK to ask yourself WHY he was shipped out? Dude is disrespectful, pal.
    Posted by dmpc

If dude is disrespectful, so is telling people if they THINK.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : Not when they want to bring back a guy that was shipped out for certain reasons. Common sense tells ME that if the Pats didn't want Moss in 2010, they certainly don't want him now.  Otherwise, why release him?
    Posted by dmpc

Isn't it possible that people in the organization think it may be nice to dump 85 and bring back someone who had success with them?Maybe he has changed and is willng to be a team player now. Moss is still living and working out 30 miles from Foxboro. I'm not reading into it, but it is possible that he has been told to stay put for a reason. I'm not saying it will happen, but your comment seems like you've made the choice for them!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordabeach. Show fordabeach's posts

Perhaps it's time to stop turning the ball over. 4 INTs in Buffalo and 2 last night. Take away 1/2 the turnovers and we're probably not even having this discussion.

However, I do think it is time to quit the Ocho experiment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

If you are talking about  Kate Moss, yes! Randy, no.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I agree that the Pats need a deep threat. They have no one. But I am not sure Brady can make the deep passes anymore. I thought Ocho was going to provide it, but he can'ts even run a route.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Perhaps this is the dirty secret.  After Haynseworth berried Brady on his right shoulder in pre-season a couple of years ago, he never threw the deep ball effectively again.  He began to miss Moss to the point that he was apologizing for it on a consistent basis.  I know he was never a great long thrower but it has gotten dramatically worse over the last couple of years.  the team has completely restructured its offense to be absent of a deep threat.  It's kind of curious. 

The fact that I'm resorting to a conspiracy theory about this is proof that Ocho over Moss is inexcusable.  Say what you want about Moss being done, and i'll disagree.  But regardless of who is right about it, he'd be better than what we have. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : Maybe he hasn't changed?  Do you personally know Randy Moss? Your comment seems like you've made the choice for them!  You're saying it SHOULD happen. If you got fired for not doing your job, would you think you'd ever be rehired by that company?
    Posted by dmpc

Do YOU personally know Moss? You talk as if you are having beer with him everyday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : Do YOU personally know Moss? You talk as if you are having beer with him everyday.
    Posted by bmadmax82

Hasn't a player like Jason Taylor left Miami, played for rival Jets and went back to Miami? Wasn't BRanch 'traded' away to Seahawks and got back to play for us? It has happened before!
    Do some research before you start pointing out your 'issues'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bottom line is A DEEP THREAT IS NEEDED HERE!  Who else is out there? Moss is a plug in and play player for the Pats!  He know's the system already, why waste anymore time, go out and get him, NOW!  Otherwise there will be no legit chance to go deep in the playoffs (if the Pats even make it) unless this problem is solved.  Oh, sure they did great when Moss left but once someone finally found a way to stop the Pats others jumped on board.  And the teams who have a good D will be able to execute that blueprint.  It really is that simple!!

The Pats current offensive scheme, lack of creative play calling and no deep threat = failed season.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bottom line is they were 14-2 with NO DEEP THROAT. They beat a lot of teams with "a good D" without Moss: The Jests, Pittsburg, Baltimore...supposedly San Diego, Minnesota etc. etc. etc.
    Posted by dmpc

Read your post sir, your mind is in the gutter!! LOL!

Well they certainly aren't going to be 14-2 this year without a deep threat, now are they! So far they are 5-3 without one and apparently you do not understand this!! The Patriots short game has been figured out!  The blue print is out there, teams are using it and they will continue to use it!  And teams with good D's will be able to stop the Patriots offense unless they get a deep threat out on the field!!  Plain and simple, don't be stubborn, accept this truth!   The deep ball opens up the short game, the short game opens up the deep ball.  Can't defend the deep ball, short ball and run all at the same time. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss : No, I just know that you don't trade a player uness you don't want him.  Branch LEFT as a free agent.
    Posted by dmpc

Really? That tells us how much you know about Pats. Branch was traded to Seattle for their first round pick in 2007 which they used to select Brandon M.
    Get your facts straight dude.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts