OK - Its time to call Moss

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Re: OK - Its time to call Moss

Atleast they will double cover Moss which will leave other players open. I doubt Moss wants to be a decoy, but hey, nothing wrong in speculating!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I agree that the Pats need a deep threat. They have no one. But I am not sure Brady can make the deep passes anymore. I thought Ocho was going to provide it, but he can'ts even run a route.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I just don't get all this incessant and constant talk about how management should call back Randy Moss.

The guy said in an interview awhile ago that HE'S DONE. HE'S NOT COMING BACK!!! ENOUGH ALREADY.

Randy Moss is probably laid out in the Virgin Islands somewhere 30 pounds heavier.

This team is in REAL trouble if some people are hanging their hopes on a guy that's not mentally there and is a shell of his former self.

Undecided

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Pats are surely missing the deep threat. Moss is not the answer, but come on don't the Pats have any speed on that bench? The Pats need to start spreading the field and what happened to the hurry up offense yesterday?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

Uhhh....  there's a reason Moss isn't in football right now and it's not his attitude.  He's no more of a deep threat these days than I am.  Get off your man-love for Moss...  teams stopped double covering him LAST year because he had nothing left in the tank.  Teams fear Moss these days about as much as they fear our defense on 3'rd and long...  not at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Where's Price?  Why don't they play him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

The organization will save face.  Sorry to say, that means a tank this season.  Pats will stand pat with the team they have and hope for the best.

Cutting Ocho means admitting they messed up or failed.  If they sign Moss and he flames out.. that just looks even worse. 

Get ready for an early play off exit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I dont think randy moss has it anymore even single covered.

We dont need a DEEP THREAT or w.e we need a wr who can get open more than 7 yards downfield.... Aaron hernandez has been a disapointment to me recently u think he should be able to get open vs man to man.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss:
    I dont think randy moss has it anymore even single covered. We dont need a DEEP THREAT or w.e we need a wr who can get open more than 7 yards downfield.... Aaron hernandez has been a disapointment to me recently u think he should be able to get open vs man to man.
    Posted by Bspikes55
    Aaron Hernandez has been a disappointment because he has been matched up against the #2 corner in a lot of cases.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Call him please and see if he can run still!!!

Ocho Stinko is horrible...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

We could have had Brandon Lloyd....guess he didn't have "value"
    Actually I think he had too much talent and BB doesn't want that on his team..apparently.... not much tlanet on this team folks... lot's of smoke and mirrors...
    2010 14-2 team was a phanthom, an illusion....we had no business going 14-2 last year with a talentless team.  I think even BB got caught up with the illusion...since he added "zero" talent to the 2011 squad.  "Playoffs ??,  Playoffs??  not looking good people.  Looks like even the wild card will NOT come from the AFC east.
    Hope to he** I'm 100% wrong !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

If our fans still disagree about Moss then how about T.O.  I bet, either Randy Moss or T.O should do better than Mr. Ocho.  Randy has more advantage than TO since he knew the play book.

In Response to OK - Its time to call Moss:
    This thing has gone far enough. We all know BB has been keeping Randy in the region playing golf and doing charitable events. Give randy the call Bill. Its time. Yes Felger - the Patriots desperately need someone to stretch the field. This offence has been figured out and stands no chance the remainder of the season without a deep threat.
    Posted by TFefio

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

We need to run the stinking ball!! And our recievers need to deal with getting jammed at the line. We need to run some screens. Moss is not the answer. Obrien needs to get his head out of his butt!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

id take a flyer on TO before moss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

With all the talk about needing a deep threat, has anyone been paying attention to Brady's passes over 10 yards?  They either fall into the hands of a DB, bounce off the ground or are 5 yards over the receivers head.  Even if TB magically got his long range accuracy back, he doesn't have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball anyway.  Receivers can't get very deep in 2 seconds.  The defensive scheme is easy against the Pats, rush 6 and jam the receivers.  Believe me, this situation is going to get worse before it gets better.  Don't agree?  Look at the Off stats over the last 8 games. . . . steadily downward every game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

"Ender 587,
    Cutting Ocho means admitting they messed up or failed."

So how is this "admission" any different than when they cut or traded 40 of the 49 draft piocks they have selected over the last 7 years? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: OK - Its time to call Moss:
    They went 11-1 without Moss or a "deep throat" last year. Why do the Pats want a guy no one else wanted?  Why????????????????????
    Posted by dmpc

The Patriots caught everyone off gaurd when Moss left.  The Jets figured them out in the Playoffs and now there is no secret, everyone has the Patriots figured out now.  There is no creativity to the play calling anymore and you can only do so much with a short game now that everyone has them figured out.

The Pats answer to a hail mary without a deep threat is to pass short and try the ol pitch and pray play.  No chance at sending someone deep and throwing the ball up for either a long bomb catch or a possible PI call,  No doubt about it, the Patriots need a deep threat bad.  Moss is the only one out there that makes sense.  He knows the system and the Patriots know how to use him.  Other teams didnt know how to use him, they didn't have a short game like the Pats have.  THe short game opens up the long ball and the long ball with Moss would open up the short game.  It's really the only chance to salvage the season.

And No, TO isn't better then Moss, it would take time to teach another Bengal how to play Patriots ball and TO has some mental issues, he's a mess right now.

Come on BB, make the call!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Pats Nation, I hear all the talk about Pats went 14 -2, 5 - 3, without a deep threat, OK but any way you look at it their receivers are not good.  They don't have an effective OC.  As you probably have heard, the league will catch up to a "system" which it has.  Tweak the system a little(Price and Ridley).  Now is Randy Moss the answer, we don't know.  But dam, the Pats need receiver help in the worst way.  Are you scare of Branch, Ocho, slater or elderman, NO.  TE's and OL very good. Teams will continue to crowd 20 yards back with no fear.  Now what???????????????????  Go Pats  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

If you look at the types of defenses we have seen that have given us incredible trouble, its everyone but one guy at the line or tight on the WR's and TE's. I was against bringing moss back but after watching the Jets, Cowboys, Steelers and Giants not respect anything deep by playing 10 guys close to the line, you would think we would be taking advantage and throwing deep.

Brady does not have a WR that can catch the back shoulder fade, get of the jam and beat  his man downfield. We just do not have that type of WR right now and it has cought up to us.

I am all for running the ball but when you see 8 in the box and 10 on the line every time, its close to impossible to run the ball. We need a physical WR that can get open deep/get off the jam. Sadly, I don't think Moss is that type of WR anymore and he was never "physical" so no, Moss wont solve a thing. We need a big body with speed. I don't think TO still has it either but he is the only one with some of the traits that we need. Only problem, he is coming of a major injury, is 37 or 38 ( and has slowed down, a lot) and has the dropsies

There is no solution IMO, we need to wait for next year to address this problem. Hopefully BB either gets a physical WR in FA or the draft.

And for god sakes, get Price out there, didn't we draft him due to his speed?
    SMH...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Moss is done. No one double covered him any more when he was last here. He also quit on the team, sulking because he was being used as a decoy in the Miami game. They traded him for a reason.

You do not bring back quitters to your team. Let it go.

Sections
Shortcuts