Ok Mallet, time to shine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ok Mallet, time to shine

Ok Mallet your going to get a lot of snaps now. Lets see wht you can do. Can you add a little touch? A little more accuracy ?  This is it, make or break time. I think he's going to surprise. This season is the first time he's had any kind of a rhythm and I think he looked a lot better when he settled. If he can play a couple quarters and get some protection we will know what he is. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Ok Mallet, time to shine

I'm really excited to see him get some more game action. Hopefully the first game he was just shaking off some rust. He seemed to be improving until he was injured. I believe there were some dropped passes that should have easily been caught as well. 

I think he has a lot of potential. Can't wait.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

From todays practice via masslive.com

Tim Tebow threw a couple really good passes after Brady went out, including a deep touchdown pass to wide receiver Julian Edelman and a dart over the middle to Kenbrell Thompkins.

Ryan Mallett completed about half of his passes with an interception.

----------------

Mallet needs to step it up, I really thought he would be further along then he is at this time.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Tim Tebow threw a couple really good passes after Brady went out, including a deep touchdown pass to wide receiver Julian Edelman and a dart over the middle to Kenbrell Thompkins.

----------------

Mallet needs to step it up, I really thought he would be further along then he is at this time.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

One practice doesn't make or break a player but it is interesting to note this is the first practice Tebow out passed Mallett, just think all it took was an injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

----------------

One practice doesn't make or break a player but it is interesting to note this is the first practice Tebow out passed Mallett, just think all it took was an injury.

[/QUOTE]

You don't think tebows birthday had anything to do with it, do you? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Good thing we didn't trade him for a 3rd or 4th like so many were hoping.  Brady is great, hell he may be the best.  But he's not immortal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

I've been thinking the same thing, except more optimistically I suppose.  Belichick doesn't like pulling Brady during the regular season no matter what, so this seems like Mallet's best oppurtunity to show what he has playing with/against the first-stringers.

I'm actually hoping Brady's knee is bad enough, or warrants enough concern, that Belichick sits him against the Bucs -- as long as he's healthy and ready to play once the real games begin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Ok Mallet your going to get a lot of snaps now. Lets see wht you can do. Can you add a little touch? A little more accuracy ?  This is it, make or break time. I think he's going to surprise. This season is the first time he's had any kind of a rhythm and I think he looked a lot better when he settled. If he can play a couple quarters and get some protection we will know what he is. 

I agree Phil, I hope he gets to play 3 quarters Friday.  Not sure it is make or break time, TB will still be around for a few more years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

i think there's more pressure on Mallett. Noone is expecting Tebow to make the team; whereas the backup QB position is Mallett's to lose.  In addition, since Mallett hasn't really demonstrated much at the pro level - he still needs to set himself up for a contract going into his last 1-2 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Dump Mallet, Keep Tebow.

The comedy club is down the street on the left....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I really do want to see Mallett get the bulk of the playing time in this game.  Be interesting to see what the kid can do when he has the time to get into a rhythm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I really do want to see Mallett get the bulk of the playing time in this game.  Be interesting to see what the kid can do when he has the time to get into a rhythm.

To add he will now be getting reps with the 1st team  O-line and competeing against Tampa's 1st team defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If he's going to have any trade value then he needs to be on the field. I'm on the other side i think mallet is going to get it this year. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I want Mallett in for the whole game. He BADLY needs reps. It's time to know for sure if he can step in and deliver or not and you ain't gonna figure that out with him holding the clipboard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I want Mallett in for the whole game. He BADLY needs reps. It's time to know for sure if he can step in and deliver or not and you ain't gonna figure that out with him holding the clipboard.

Agree, let him play whole game. Tampa no slouch, lets see what he got.

Sections
Shortcuts