ok then, where are the players coming from??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

ok then, where are the players coming from??

If not in free agency then do we think that ALL the Patriots holes will be filled through the draft?? That's almost absurd.
    I'm not for a full out FA free for all but I do feel that some complimentary FA talent COMBINED with a GOOD draft (key word here being "good") will help solve some of the issues. So far they've done nothing in FA so I guess we can assume that the draft is their solution?? Or maybe they pick the scrap heap in June after cuts??
    OK all you experts, let's hear it. How does this all play out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: ok then, where are the players coming from??

They'll plug some of their holes with the draft.  Whatever positions still need more depth will be addressed with FA afterwards. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

From what I can see it breaks down to positions we don't have all the starters, where we'd like to replace some of the starters, depth would be great, and if the best talent is left.

DE, OLB, WR - falls into the don't have starters area. I expect atleast 2/3 can be filled with starters from the first 4 picks in the draft and the last 3rd playing in a rotational backup role

OL, RB, ILB, P - falls into we have the starters but would like to replace. Most likely won't get a starter but with the last 2nd and 4th should be able to get 1 backup that could become a starter

TE, CB - falls into the depth area. The starting positions are full but what happens if they get hurt? Not looking for amazing talent but solid backups would be nice and nexts years FA and draft can help fill in the gaps left after this year

K, QB, S - falls into the if the talent is there in the late rounds area

Now I think they will go both DL, and OL since they do every year and we still have no clue how they feel about Pryor. They could feel a rotation of him Lewis and Wright could fill the starting position and wait to draft DL after rnd 2. WR is a position they could fill in the 2nd and there's plenty of talent to find a #2 that can make a impact right away. OLB is an area BB hates drafting but I don't think he has a choice this year with no OLB FA's on the market. ILB I don't see them going after in this draft and hoping McKenzie comes along. P is a late round stuff.

So through the draft I see us getting 3 starters (including punter), 1-2 rotational backups, and a back up or 2. And lets not forget McKenzie and Tate are like high picks this year too. 7 players out of 12 seems reasonable. Of course this doesn't fill all the holes and I don't expect them to fill them all (no team really does, as most have some kind of weakness). Then come June 1st I expect them to pick up a couple role players during the second FA that will be mainly backups and rotational players at best but adds depth and shores up positions.

Does that sound reasonable?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to ok then, where are the players coming from??:
    If not in free agency then do we think that ALL the Patriots holes will be filled through the draft?? That's almost absurd. I'm not for a full out FA free for all but I do feel that some complimentary FA talent COMBINED with a GOOD draft (key word here being "good") will help solve some of the issues. So far they've done nothing in FA so I guess we can assume that the draft is their solution?? Or maybe they pick the scrap heap in June after cuts?? OK all you experts, let's hear it. How does this all play out?
    Posted by smorgan86

They'll fill the hole in all right, players are easy to come by.  Just look look at David King from the Aussie league.  Yeah, they'll get players all right, playmakers are a different story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I finally see the light.  The problem on this board is instant gratification.  You build your team through the draft.  It's going to take this draft and next to get this thing straightened out IMO.  The Pats do have to hit on both drafts!  No mistakes which I know this doesn't bring much comfort given the sorted drafting history. 

I think the Pats will try to move up in this draft.  It's the type of draft where it's pretty easy to target players.  Also, with five 7th rounders there are some interesting prospects there.  They are projects but they have the physical attributes.  Give them a couple of years to develop and this thing really gets going.  But we do have to wait to see how this plays out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to ok then, where are the players coming from??:
    If not in free agency then do we think that ALL the Patriots holes will be filled through the draft?? That's almost absurd. I'm not for a full out FA free for all but I do feel that some complimentary FA talent COMBINED with a GOOD draft (key word here being "good") will help solve some of the issues. So far they've done nothing in FA so I guess we can assume that the draft is their solution?? Or maybe they pick the scrap heap in June after cuts?? OK all you experts, let's hear it. How does this all play out?
    Posted by smorgan86

I am guessing that you are new to this Patriots fanbase.....since you don't know how things work around here, we wait until FREE AGENCY is over.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Bodden wasn't exactly a big name.  Neither was Welker.  BB has hits and misses in the draft but he's usually above average at evaluating NFL talent.  My guess is someone you never thought was a big deal who's been toiling away on a crappy team will get picked up sometime before the season.  I still think they go after a WR in free agency if they can't get one before the 3rd round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

draft, and maybe some trades. be patient

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

retirees sitting at home ie~ Seau, Rodney, Willie Mac, Tedy B Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There won't be any impact players from the draft for this year, they will be impact players in a few years hopefully.  We need some impact vets now, wait.... I think they have been signed already!

So now I'm keeping my fingers crossed Bill has some draft pick trades that he will be making on draft day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: ok then, where are the players coming from??:
    There won't be any impact players from the draft for this year, they will be impact players in a few years hopefully.  We need some impact vets now, wait.... I think they have been signed already! So now I'm keeping my fingers crossed Bill has some draft pick trades that he will be making on draft day.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Wow that's a negative outlook. Considering our lack of pass rush and need of a #2 WR I think players like Williams, Graham, Kindle, Hughes, Benn, and even Thomas have a very good chance at making an impact in the first year. Impact meaning they will perform better then what is currently listed as the starter for their position. Not looking for pro-bowlers year 1 but a WR with around 75 catches for 5-10 TDs and 600-800 yrds I would consider impact or at OLB 65-80 tackles with 5-7 sacks and a couple pass deflections I would consider impact. You don't think any of the above could pull that off?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Impact meaning they will perform better then what is currently listed as the starter for their position.
    Posted by PatsEng

Well if that's the case I'm pretty sure I could be an impact player. Get my drift!

Seriously, no rookie receiver is going to pull away a double team from Moss and I seriously doubt any of the players you listed will do much to help the team this season.  Sure they will be good in years to come but not this season and or possibly next season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well if that's the case I'm pretty sure I could be an impact player. Get my drift!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

And you just confirmed to me you are a troll. One more for the ignore list

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: ok then, where are the players coming from?? : And you just confirmed to me you are a troll. One more for the ignore list
    Posted by PatsEng

Like that hurts my feelings?  Hey, don't come on here during the season to say anything ngative about the Patriots if they should have a mediocre season.  I seen a lot of negative post last season, hopefully none were from you.  I did not post one negative post last season thinking the Patriots will fix things up for this season.  Hmm, so far I was wrong about that.  I still have my fingers crossed that they will pull some trades off during the draft. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I finally see the light.  The problem on this board is instant gratification.  You build your team through the draft.  It's going to take this draft and next to get this thing straightened out IMO.  The Pats do have to hit on both drafts!  No mistakes which I know this doesn't bring much comfort given the sorted drafting history.  I think the Pats will try to move up in this draft.  It's the type of draft where it's pretty easy to target players.  Also, with five 7th rounders there are some interesting prospects there.  They are projects but they have the physical attributes.  Give them a couple of years to develop and this thing really gets going.  But we do have to wait to see how this plays out. 
    Posted by garytx

I have a Shawn Crable jersey I think would look great on you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Maybe the pats have some ideas on certain players on other teams that may get cut after the draft or in the upcoming months....and with there 3 2nd round picks, I expect to the Pats to wheel n deal -(as they do most years)....
    We'll see....can't wait for the Draft!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

There won't be any impact players from the draft for this year, they will be impact players in a few years hopefully.  We need some impact vets now, wait.... I think they have been signed already! So now I'm keeping my fingers crossed Bill has some draft pick trades that he will be making on draft day.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

What are you smoking? There won't be any impact players in one of the deepest drafts in decades??  The more you post, the less educated you seem.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: ok then, where are the players coming from?? : Like that hurts my feelings?  Hey, don't come on here during the season to say anything ngative about the Patriots if they should have a mediocre season.  I seen a lot of negative post last season, hopefully none were from you.  I did not post one negative post last season thinking the Patriots will fix things up for this season.  Hmm, so far I was wrong about that.  I still have my fingers crossed that they will pull some trades off during the draft. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I am sure that your idea of a horrible season is 16-0 andnot winning the Superbowl.....LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts