Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection

Interesting things going on today.  Josh McDaniels is back with the Patriots today.   Vince Wilfork and his wife posted on twitter mninutes ago that they were on the phone with Randy Moss and wanted everyone to know Randy is now officially on twitter and is asking for followers.  Would Josh push for Moss to come back?  Is Randy rallying the troops for a return?  Just think next season with Josh as OC and ..

Wes Welker
    Brandon Llyod
    Randy Moss
    Deion Branch
    probably stuck with Ocho.
    Gronk
    Hernandez

Nobody could defend!
    Bam!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection

In Response to Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection:
    Interesting things going on today.  Josh McDaniels is back with the Patriots today.   Vince Wilfork and his wife posted on twitter mninutes ago that they were on the phone with Randy Moss and wanted everyone to know Randy is now officially on twitter and is asking for followers.  Would Josh push for Moss to come back?  Is Randy rallying the troops for a return?  Just think next season with Josh as OC and .. Wes Welker Brandon Llyod Randy Moss Deion Branch probably stuck with Ocho. Gronk Hernandez Nobody could defend! Bam!
    Posted by TFB12

Sorry man, but Randy Moss is done!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I knew this was coming, lol! Who would play special teams?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Sorry TFB12, I don't think ADA regulations apply to the NFL.  jk :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection:
    I knew this was coming, lol! Who would play special teams?
    Posted by digger0862

Special teams?  Wouldn't need special teams. Patriots would never need to punt.  Gostowski would kick it out of the end zone on every kick off.  The one time Patriots kick off, either at the begining of the game or the begining of the 3rd qtr, the Patriots would just send Gostowski out to kick and the Pats would spot the other team the TD.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I love me some Randy Moss but just don't see it happening....man if we landed Lloyd & Moss would be willing to be a situational player(mostly redzone from 30 yards out instead of 20)....HOLY CRAP!!!!Brady would light up the sky like the 4th of July all season....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Forget moss, he is a shell of his former self. A one trick pony that is no longer good at his one trick.

Trust me, I have loved the guy since he came into the league, but he just does not have it anymore.

If anything, Lloyd said he will follow McDaniels after this year, hopefully we land Lloyd in FA. Moss is done, but I would love to see Lloyd here.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection:
    Interesting things going on today.  Josh McDaniels is back with the Patriots today.   Vince Wilfork and his wife posted on twitter mninutes ago that they were on the phone with Randy Moss and wanted everyone to know Randy is now officially on twitter and is asking for followers.  Would Josh push for Moss to come back?  Is Randy rallying the troops for a return?  Just think next season with Josh as OC and .. Wes Welker Brandon Llyod Randy Moss Deion Branch probably stuck with Ocho. Gronk Hernandez Nobody could defend! Bam!
    Posted by TFB12

Lloyd would be better than Ochostinko. But RM isn't coming through taht door.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

randy moss ship has sailed a long time ago we are all just waiving from shore now!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I'd like to see Randy's face.  Should be very entertaining on twitter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Maybe we can give Terry Glenn a call too, and Ben Coats while we're at it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Moss is STILL better than 75% of the wide recievers currently playing in this league...I believe his issues are mental not physical....all that said I don't see him returning but if Bill would bring him back with a firm understanding of his role and he'd bought into it unequivikly, then I'd love to have him back on the team a couple more years....as many of you have said, I believe that ship has unfortunatly sailed & won't be making a return trip....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, maybe not Moss back but possibly a bit of change to get wide receivers on the outside more involved?  Maybe Ocho into the game?  Somethings?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Agree with others above saying Ocho will be gone, and Lloyd will take his place... I would not be shocked if that were the case.

Moss is done.  I love the guy and what he did for us.  But that ship has left port. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Okay, hear me out here... Randy Moss and Josh McDaniel connection:
    Maybe we can give Terry Glenn a call too, and Ben Coats while we're at it.
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer

Are they doing anything currently?  In other words... are they available?  Really don't need Coats, we have two great TE's.  Maybe he could play special teams if they decided to field a special teams group and went a different direction then my suggestion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Moss is done. Great career, and awesome comeback in NE, but it's over. Lloyd is a face, or more importantly a mouth, that I would hate to see in NE. Sure, they've taken on headcases like Moss and Dillon, but all accounts I've heard are about how horrible a teammate Lloyd is. Dillon and Moss were at least liked by their team most of the time. On top of that, he really isn't all that great. He's fast, but he doesn't catch consistantly. Even though he'll make the odd highlight reel grab, the reason he makes them is bad technique, which screws his consistancy. I think the Pats can go grab a mid level burner and have the same output with McDaniels. I see them going with a burner, Welker, Gronk, and Branch and Hernandez switching in and out depending on the package. We might see Hernandez more involved in the running game as an H=back/fullback type.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

after watching Calvin Johnson last night ,
    double and triple coverage doing it in beast mode 
    reminds me of 2007 moss ,
    if he still has 50% of this ability i would take him without question ,
    which other receiver can catch tom brady passes in this traffic ?
    branch , ocho ,welker in single coverage it's hard ,
    only gronk can do it but it's hard .

so why not take a chance on moss !!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

after watching Calvin Johnson last night , double and triple coverage doing it in beast mode  reminds me of 2007 moss , if he still has 50% of this ability i would take him without question , which other receiver can catch tom brady passes in this traffic ? branch , ocho ,welker in single coverage it's hard , only gronk can do it but it's hard . so why not take a chance on moss !!
    Posted by yakv

No.  Moss in traffic?!?  What year are we workin' off of?  Yakv and ALL the other guys who say Randy Moss would be a "Great Thing" for New England:  See the overall point of Enoch's thread RE: Josh McDaniel's stint as NE's Offensive Coordinator...

People by and large, totally missed the point of Root's thread on McDaniels' time here heading NE's Offense...  His point was 1 of viable concern in terms of what NE's Offense eventually became, i.e. Completely 1 Dimensional. 
    2007 NE's Offense circa latter half of year & into the playoffs=Randy Moss deep-sideline or deep-middle (1 outta every 10 Moss routes, you'll find an awkard attempt at a Mid-Deep sideline route).  Wes Welker quite angle slot route within 3-7 yards of the LOS.  Running Game: Laurence Maroney or Kevin Faulk delayed hand-off on 3rd and long, and mayyybe 2nd and 10...(otherwise, don't even bother concerning yourself with the NE running game; And chances are ya shouldn't bother regardless).  

Randy Moss's overall skill-set from 2007 (or late 2007-08) and beyond IS: Case in point in terms of even the best NFL Players being only able to provide a 1-dimensional, making the greater Offensive scheme and play-calling, much more 1-Dimensional itself.  Randy Moss IS a far more talented wide receiver than Deion Branch is...to-day...right now.  Likewise, Randy Moss IS a far more 1 dimensional player than Deion Branch is...right now & today.  In 2007-2008, Moss was never gonna tear over the middle, extend through traffic, take a licking and then break 3 tackles & drag a guy 10 more yards while in "Beast Mode"...  2007-08 Moss WAS still gonna be a deep-ball threat, when every fan, player, and coach, KNEW that's the only place he was, or even could be going on each & every play...  But 2012-13 Randy Moss?!?!  What?!!!?     

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

BB has the pulse of this team and runs the show , for now, not McDaniels, Moss will never put on the Patriots uniform again and he has no one to blame but himself........THEN AGAIN............ITS NEVER HIS FAULT ACCORDING TO HIM.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

it doesnt look like we have trouble scoring.... most teams have trouble keeping teams from scoring...   we are definately in that group...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bilbosr. Show Bilbosr's posts

I think most of these points miss a key point. I love TB. He is in my opinion the best quarterback to play that position. He is a leader. He is respectful to people, at least publicly. He has thrown a lot of passes and played a long time. I hope he will be here for many years. All of the signs point to one thing. TB cannot throw the long ball but is not as accurate any more. The number of passes and injuries have taken their toll. Therefore, the reason we don't develop outside or deep threat receivers is not on the receivers. It is on TB. BB and TB are game planning to have the highest percentage of success. Their insights and plans are working just fine. Pats are 3rd in offense in all Nfl. 2nd in points and Brady threw for over 5,100 yards. They don't need Moss. They may not need Lloyd. They need some young stud that can get the ball on the outside or deep just to give defenses more to think about They need to improve defense. BB needs someone he respects to push back on his schemes. We need better skilled players. But that is topic for another thread BB is smart and driven to succeed he will find away to turn this around. Compare our rebuilding to Colts and others and we are miles ahead. We have won over 35 games and lost less than 10 games the last 3 years. We have had high turnover on defensive players last year and this year so.BB knows we did not get it right and he is working to make it right I am a happy fan a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why are we making a big deal about Brandon Lloyd or Josh McDaniel's talent evaluations skills? Who cares if they like each other (which may not be the case)?

All Brandon has done in his career is put up average numbers and been a problem with his attitude. He had one good year (77 catches) in what? 10 seasons? Does St. Lois even want him back?

Sections
Shortcuts