Old brand of Football coming back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Old brand of Football coming back?

With the team losing some piece's and the new WR overhaul.  I see more of the early Pats team style resurfacing.  We have a great backfield on offense I think we are losing sight of.  With Ridley and Vereen putting on some extra size, Ridley specifically should be an enforcer.  Vereen I think needed the size just to survive but his ability of running as a change of pace back, and then catching balls out of the backfield should not be overlooked.  Then possible a back up crew of Washington, Bolden and Blount.  This is an area of strength.  I don’t think teams will stack the box because even though our WR’s aren’t scary, they can absolutely stretch the field if D’s get to comfortable.

The D side of the ball actually looks great on paper and I truly believe they take the next step forward.  We have our best secondary in years, and the same can be said about our front 7.  When Talib came over we saw the difference that made.  Now these guys are building continuity and added in a vet like Adrian Wilson, I’m actually confident in this bunch.  If Jones, Hightower, and Tavon Wilson improve their play even slightly from last year, there will be great improvement overall on D.  And I am expecting them all to make some strides.  While only showing promise, Collins may play the Mark Anderson role early on - but that is the wild card. 

No doubt there are some holes on this team, but most teams have a few holes themselves.  Let’s also not forget one important football omen - The game is won and lost in the trenches, and I feel our O and D lines are stout.  Regardless of all the drama surrounding this team right now, I still feel the leadership is great in that locker room (Wilfork, Mayo, McCourty, Wilson, Brady, BB) and we’ll see some great Patriot football.              

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Old brand of Football coming back?

I am expecting big things from Vareen this year. If they can get him 15-20 touches a game I think we will see some dynamic things from this kid.  Get him the ball in space against linebackers in the passing game and you can expect to see some big plays.

I am really looking forward to seeing if the rookie WR's can assimilate into the offense this year. If they can it will allow Brady to open up the field and give Amendola and gronk room to operate inside.

Defensively I think you will see a better front 7 this year if healthy. I say this becasue I think Hightower and Jones will play with more confidence and allow BB to use them in more versatile roles. If Tommy Kelly plays at an above average level perhaps vince sees less double teams and becomes even more effective.

As far as the secondary goes I will take a wait and see approach. I really hope that Tayvon makes the jump this year so we don't see as much of Gregory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Gregory will end up number 3 on the SS spot.  The Wilsons should man it if everything works out as it should. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Would be nice to get back to the dink and dunk with the occassional deep ball while the ground game pounds the ball style of play. Of course that will only work if the D can play it close to the vest and win games down the stretch

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Good stuff Ned.  I agree with most of your post. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

We thought this last year too. One literally has to hope the passing game fails just to expect us to run more. This is passing team. When it changes to more ball control week to week, I will believe it.

Not to be negative, but we thought this was the case in 2010. The fact is you cannot play a ball control type offense if your defense cant get off the field and so those upgrades on D need to show themselves this year. Only positive I see is same crew returning plus Wilson being signed. If Wilson can have any of the similar effects Rodney had on this secondary, we may be in biz. Other than that. I dont see much changing outside of our offense being overhauled for new faces and rooks.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

@Ned.  The only thing I really disagree with is that the Pats didn't want Welker back.  I think they'd rather have him than not. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I expressed optimism in another thread about the team's chances this year.  The Hernandez thing is a tragedy all around but it's hardly the end of a team with other weapons albeit that they will need to time to develop.  Running game I think will be a strength. So will the improved D.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I expressed optimism in another thread about the team's chances this year.  The Hernandez thing is a tragedy all around but it's hardly the end of a team with other weapons albeit that they will need to time to develop.  Running game I think will be a strength. So will the improved D.  

Right on my man... I'm with you. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You back up your opinion well, but what if Amendola just creates that same formula?  What if Brady goes to Amendola too much?  He is very simliar to Welker, and he has already created that rapport with Brady. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This guy looks great out there.  As we all hope... hopefully he stays healthy.  Thanks for sharing that video.