Oline draft who do you like

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

Oline draft who do you like

i can see us drafting stephen schilling from U of M
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66352&draftyear=2011&genpos=OG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

Re: Oline draft who do you like

another report on him
    http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-stephen-schilling/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I like all of them.The Patriots are going to need 4 OLinemen out of this draft plus free agency.So Schilling is probably on their list somewheres.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Rodney Hudson.  Best Guard In The Draft

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Mike Pouncey, center, U of Florida, twin is 1st year Steeler center, already rated outstanding, all pro.  Mike is getting "can't miss" raves, by tv announcer ex NFLs. He is sure to go 1st round. Patriots RG Neal expected any day to announce retirement, place suspect Center Koppen to also, next year, so Pats should go all out to get Mike now, play him at RG in 2001, then in 2012, move to center, is natural position. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

schilling is posting some better combine numbers than pouncey

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Will Rackley G. I know everyone is going to say who? But I like this guys game. He's going to be a steal for someone in the 4th.

That and Alex Linnenkohl C an underrated C who might be the best to come out of the draft as both Wisniewski and Pouncey are likely to be better G's at the next level

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

PatsEng i like both those players Alex Linnenkohl projected 6-7
    Will Rackley 3 round(maybe the moss pick)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

OL I like and where I like them for Pats:

#56 - OT/OG - Marcus Gilbert of Florida or Marcus Cannon of TCU:
    (re Cannon - the below from SF Chronicle today)

After going over every possible player in the Top 50, I have settled on one that could be there at #48, Marcus Cannon.

His name should not be foreign to the lips or minds of all of you that read this site regularly as www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/2/13/1992126/here-is-a-3-round-mock-draft-raiders-go-with-curtis-brown-cb-tex-in">www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/2/13/1992126/here-is-a-3-round-mock-draft-raiders-go-with-curtis-brown-cb-tex-in">I posted a mock that had him being selected in the 3rd round. Now, it is looking like he will never make it down that far. If the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/oakland-raiders">www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/oakland-raiders" class="sbn-auto-link">Raiders are fortunate enough to have him fall to them in the second round, he has to be selected.

At 6'5 358, Cannon is a mountain of a man. He is also a Mountain that moves, running a 5.12 40. I don't see him coming in and taking Jered Veldheer's place, but I do see him coming in and starting right away at RT, LG or RG and that is what we need out of this draft, starters on the O-Line, CB and OLB.

Of all the players available at #48 Cannon has the best chance of being elite. He was the anchor for the third ranked Horned Frogs O-Line and he didn't allow a sack in his Junior Season

3rd Round - OG John Moffitt of Wisconsin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Ben Ijalana, gorilla my dreams.  36 inch arms, can lock onto attackers like nobody else at the combine.  He plays for Villanova, so maybe other people will ask whether he can make the move to the NFL.  He's fluid enough to play left tackle and nasty enough to play guard, so he can switch around like Vollmer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Pouncey, Pouncey, Pouncey.....alittle bit bigger than his brother and just as intelligent. I personally feel he is a can't miss and can play either gaurd or center. Hope NE takes him at 17 because he won't be there at 28.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: Oline draft who do you like:
    Ben Ijalana, gorilla my dreams.  36 inch arms, can lock onto attackers like nobody else at the combine. 

He's ok I suppose but Grape Ape is the gorilla of my dreams

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

#17 will be a DE or OLB didn't you watch last year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I would like OT Carini if he's available. Team him up with Vollmer that could be a nice tackle tandem for a long time. Wouldn't mind then seeing a 3rd rounder going for another interior lineman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Gazzzmann my friend I watched every game last year, I just can't remember the last time Belicheck drafted a player or position that anybody thought he would. I also believe that (barring a lockout) the PATS D will be better than last year, if healthy. The picks are there and supposedly this is deepest pass rush/D-end class in recent years. I would personally go get the #1 interior o-lineman rather than the #3 or #4 at the other postions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

the Pats deficiencies are obvious this year.
    BB will draft a pass rush DE or OLB with first pick, regardless of what anyone thinks or doesn't think what he will do.  
    OL with second pick in first round. 
    Then depending who is on the board, another OL, RB, WR, or the DE/OLB non pick in round 1. and so on for those positions through round 3. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I like nate sodler that tackle from colorado at 17 and that center from d 3 slippery rock in the fifth he can take over form koppen and help spell connolly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

I believe BB trades Patriots#2 pick in 2nd rd for someones 1st next year!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

here is my low risk high reward OT of this draft. He is a bit of a project but we do have the best O-line coach in the league

OT David Mims Virginia Union 6'8" 348 (7-udfa)

A massive offensive tackle prospect who possesses a long, good-looking frame. Carries his weight well, isn't fat by any stretch and actually looks a bit thin throughout his upper half. Showcases impressive power at the point of attack in the run game and can absolutely dominate defenders at his level of competition at the point. Is a pretty good bender for his size and is really heavy handed; once he gets his paws on you the battle is over. Now, obviously he gets a bit upright and isn't real technically sound maintaining leverage and using proper hand placement, but the skill set is most definitely there.

Possesses above-average range for his size in pass protection. Showcases good coordination and balance when asked to mirror and again likes to get his hands on defenders and anchor. Doesn't exhibit much of a kick-slide and is really raw and upright with his footwork. But talking with sources the guy doesn't even have an offensive line coach at his school.

Impression: Physically the guy has the size, strength and athleticism to play in the league and is dripping with upside. Is going to take some time, but is an ideal later-round developmental guy who could really catch fire with some time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

here is my low risk high reward OT of this draft. He is a bit of a project but we do have the best O-line coach in the league OT David Mims Virginia Union 6'8" 348 (7-udfa) A massive offensive tackle prospect who possesses a long, good-looking frame. Carries his weight well, isn't fat by any stretch and actually looks a bit thin throughout his upper half. Showcases impressive power at the point of attack in the run game and can absolutely dominate defenders at his level of competition at the point. Is a pretty good bender for his size and is really heavy handed; once he gets his paws on you the battle is over. Now, obviously he gets a bit upright and isn't real technically sound maintaining leverage and using proper hand placement, but the skill set is most definitely there. Possesses above-average range for his size in pass protection. Showcases good coordination and balance when asked to mirror and again likes to get his hands on defenders and anchor. Doesn't exhibit much of a kick-slide and is really raw and upright with his footwork. But talking with sources the guy doesn't even have an offensive line coach at his school. Impression: Physically the guy has the size, strength and athleticism to play in the league and is dripping with upside. Is going to take some time, but is an ideal later-round developmental guy who could really catch fire with some time.
    Posted by natesubs

Wow how did I miss this monster. if we get a 6th comp he'd be worth a look simply based on size

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I would like OT Carini if he's available. Team him up with Vollmer that could be a nice tackle tandem for a long time. Wouldn't mind then seeing a 3rd rounder going for another interior lineman.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

Agreed wizardsjag...  I want Carimi or nuthin.  He's wild, he's angry, he's competitive, he's heads up, he's the VERY best run-blocker, and lmao-for ANY-one who followed the senior bowl at all, he actually showed that he was a better PASS-blocker than Castonzo OR Solder-against all the same competition, oh-and he was a 4 year starter who took over for #3 overall OT selection, joe Thomas, a couple years back, AND has by far and away the most experience against MUCH better and much longer competition than either Castonzo or Solder.  For me, No Carimi, and yup-After 25 years or so after I started following NE at age 8, Nope-NO Gabe Carimi=Laz handing in his Pats jersey, simple as that (and I'll just start following European Soccer).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

laz,
     so dramatic, and funny....
    got me laughin with ya.
    thanks for all the good stuff!

Sections
Shortcuts