Oline? Hernandez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Oline? Hernandez?

Oline appears to still be an achillies heal for this team. Brady got hammered for too many times today by a very lowly ranked defense. Also what is up with Hernandez. No impact today and he is dropping far too many passes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Oline? Hernandez?

Late in the game Hernandez didn't even reach for a ball on a third down play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hernandez ain't be right since the ankle sprain. Don't be shocked to see him go under the knife after the season ends.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

With no GRONK teams can key on Hernandez.  He's taking a beating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This, also, without Gronk, teams stuff the middle of the field taking both Hern and Welker out. When Gronk comes back, he'll stretch the field. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel like everyone took a beating today. Welker and Brady seemed to get hit hard a lot today...

I must honestly say, as much as I like their chances better with the bye, I think you need to rest guys. Since it is out of their control next week (they need Denver or Houston to lose), I am hoping to see some Ryan Mallet next week...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dat da truff. Hern is a weapon, they were shutting him down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

"Hi, Brian?".

"Yes coach".

"OK.  Time to suit up for the postseason.  I let you skip camp like we discussed and you've had all season to hang out at home.  We'll give you some work next week and then work you in for heavier duty in the playoffs".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Hi, Brian?".

"Yes coach".

"OK.  Time to suit up for the postseason.  I let you skip camp like we discussed and you've had all season to hang out at home.  We'll give you some work next week and then work you in for heavier duty in the playoffs".

[/QUOTE]

I wish. He had to report earlier this month to be eligible to play this season. Because Waters in under contract, but never reported he is no longer eligible to play this season...

Here is an article from eariler this month about it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/brian-waters-negotiated-a-return-to-patriots-but-cant-return-now/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish. He had to report earlier this month to be eligible to play this season. Because Waters in under contract, but never reported he is no longer eligible to play this season...

Here is an article from eariler this month about it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/brian-waters-negotiated-a-return-to-patriots-but-cant-return-now/

[/QUOTE]

Missed that.  Oh well.  Woulda been nice. Thanks for the update.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

O line is my big concern after last week and this.  Not much push in the running game and not the best protection for Brady. It's not a disaster, but it doesn't look like a strength right now, and good defensive fronts will give us trouble in the playoffs unless we can spread them out and keep them gasping for breath with the hurry-up.   It doesn't look like an O line that can win in a power game right now.  

Getting Gronk back will help.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

O line is my big concern after last week and this.  Not much push in the running game and not the best protection for Brady. It's not a disaster, but it doesn't look like a strength right now, and good defensive fronts will give us trouble in the playoffs unless we can spread them out and keep them gasping for breath with the hurry-up.   It doesn't look like an O line that can win in a power game right now.  

[/QUOTE]

I hope that Gronk makes all the difference on the o-line. The announcers were talking up how the complete starting line was together for the third full week in a row. They certainly did not play like it...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, TE blocking has especially been weak with Gronk out.  AH really needs to improve in this area.  When Gronk comes back hopefully we can see some 3 TE sets with Gronk and Hooman who has shown he can catch the ball too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, TE blocking has especially been weak with Gronk out.  AH really needs to improve in this area.  When Gronk comes back hopefully we can see some 3 TE sets with Gronk and Hooman who has shown he can catch the ball too.

[/QUOTE]

Hoomanadeepthreat lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope that Gronk makes all the difference on the o-line. The announcers were talking up how the complete starting line was together for the third full week in a row. They certainly did not play like it...

[/QUOTE]

Gronk really makes a huge difference in the offense, both as a blocker and a receiver.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gronk really makes a huge difference in the offense, both as a blocker and a receiver.  

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree... It is too bad he can only do one or the other on each play1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree... It is too bad he can only do one or the other on each play1

[/QUOTE]

Yeah . . . but the good thing is whatever one of the two he's doing, he's almost sure to be creating a match-up problem for the defense.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

"Hi, Brian?".

"Yes coach".

[/QUOTE]

The hell with this fat slob. I forgot he was still on the team. Who needs 'em? If the Big Baby wants to be home with his family then let him be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hoomanadeepthreat lol

[/QUOTE]

Who would a thunk it, ha? Hoo's been a decent blocker and, with Gronk out, suddenly turns into a receiver. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hern's just not big enough to be the same kind of blocker Gronk is.  He blocks well downfield, I think, and is good with kick-out blocks, but he doesn't have the same power Gronk has.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hoomanadeepthreat lol

[/QUOTE]

Who would a thunk it, ha? Hoo's been a decent blocker and, with Gronk out, suddenly turns into a receiver. 

[/QUOTE]

I remember in the 49ers game when Brady threw that deep ball, I was thinking, Lloyd, Welker, or Hernandez...only to find Hoomana making the 41 yard catch lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This, also, without Gronk, teams stuff the middle of the field taking both Hern and Welker out. When Gronk comes back, he'll stretch the field. 

[/QUOTE] Plus Loyd can't get any seperation & Branch is to old!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

"Hi, Brian?".

"Yes coach".

[/QUOTE]

:)

and ill pay you 4-5 mil

(but i think he said no to all that already)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it has meant our o line has needed to be improved for quite soem time. 

said this last season. ewhen he has to stay in all teh time aganst good teams, it means our o line is not good enough and handicaps our offense on all accounts inclusding limiting oneof our best weapons