Olsen to New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Olsen to New England?

Why would the Pats release Chris Baker then, I can't imagine them starting the season with a rookie at TE only.  Something's gotta be up, and Olsen seems the most likely.  I sure hope they don't trade Watson.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Olsen to New England?

my bad, I meant sign.  Sorry about that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Patriots should know taking a tight end early hasnt had much success - Graham and Watson. Back when we took those players we actually could afford drafting luxury type players.

Feel like this scenario is calling for a FA pickup or Trade... really like Olsen to New England!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Watson's new agent said just the other day that he would be shopping Watson this off season. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus the Scott Boras of football...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

The Patriots aren't the Bruins (freed cap space, failed to get a forward) something is imminent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

is this the year Brady and the offense utilize the TE position just like Dalls Clark and the Colts? Let's hope!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

You know the Patriots wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for this guy.  I expect Bellichick to get cute as usual and bring in some under the radar TE to save the $.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nope, why bother wasting a pick on a TE if we are just going to use him as an OLman? 

Just get an OLman and call him a TE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Chicago has no picks in the first two rounds and they need an OT.  I'd trade Light for Olsen.  If it isn't something like this we have nobody at TE unless we draft a rookie.  I guess I'd trade #53 for Olsen too but hope it isn't higher than that.  Crazy.  Something is going on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Releasing Baker makes getting Olsen a bigger possibility but If it was me I would go after Crumpler he is a bull dozer for the running game and is possibly the best blocking TE in the Game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

this would be a good pickup since there is no veteran TE on the roster. watson will end up in KC or denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Olsen to New England?:
    Chicago has no picks in the first two rounds and they need an OT.  I'd trade Light for Olsen.  If it isn't something like this we have nobody at TE unless we draft a rookie.  I guess I'd trade #53 for Olsen too but hope it isn't higher than that.  Crazy.  Something is going on.
    Posted by Faucetman

That's not a bad idea: The Bears had Orlando Pace, but he lost the starting job when the Bears realized he was over the hill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with you 49Patriots - Only pick up Olsen IF the Pats have serious plans on using him! 

Nope, why bother wasting a pick on a TE if we are just going to use him as an OLman?  Just get an OLman and call him a TE.
    Posted by 49Patriots

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Is Crumpler available? 

If so, that should be a no brainer.  You have a TE that just wants to block, which is what NE will use him for anyways.  He also has great hands if he is ever needed to catch the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Listen we need serious help on O , Im talking Marshell and Olsen. Give up our last 2nd for Olsen and our first for Marshell. Just think about how much they could help this team and O. Get both and go D with are other two seconds , I dont like 22 in the first round this year. Id much rather have 44/48 in the second , listen making our team better...is making our team better. Who cares if its through the draft , f/a , trade , these are proven guys who could come in right away and make a huge difference. Olsen is still under his rookie deal and sign Marshell to a 5 year one , hes 26 in his prime and has been ballin' every year. Whos telling me we cant use a 100/1200 yard guy , who unlike WW actually scares D's and can get down field and get into the endzone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Pats generally dont like the catch first te's. they like blocking te's that catch an occasional ball. so olson doesnt really fit that mold. I dont see this happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Olsen would be a great fit at the right time.  New England needs an insurance policy for the beginning of 2010 with Welker recovering.  It is the right time to get a hands TE, that can be an effective member of this offense.  Watson just couldn't hold onto the ball in traffic.  A 6th or 7th round pick can be used for a red-zone style monster TE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Yes Crumpler is available, but like I said elsewhere there are other ways to go about it and I think it is possible the Patriots draft one if they cant get a deal with Crumpler done..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If he is unrestricted then im sure they can can get him for a very decent price.  He is already on the other end of his career, so if they sign him they can still draft a TE as well.  I see no reason not to bring him in unless its just because BB doesnt like him or thinks he wont fit into his system.  In which I would highly doubt because all BB is looking for is another OL who wears a number that starts with an 8.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

olsen isnt worth a 2nd rd pick.this is what the bears are wanting.plus the pats dont use the te,s that much in there passing game,unless its to help block.save the draft pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Releasing Baker makes getting Olsen a bigger possibility but If it was me I would go after Crumpler he is a bull dozer for the running game and is possibly the best blocking TE in the Game.
    Posted by DaBlade

I think we can do way better than crumpler. he's past his prime at 32 and his catches have gone down every year since 2005.

I'd love to see gresham or gronkowski in a Pats uniform.