OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think?

sorry, since there are no olympic specific boards here, figure to just make a long thread one (hopefully).

first of, with bball, any doubts that these pups could have held a candle to the 1992 team just went out in permanent smoke with the lithuanian game. no way any of those leaders allow their team to take any of those guys lightly and not blowed out lithu by at least 30. heck, them boys never won by less than 32. margin of victory or point diferrential is one the best measures of team greatness. in tennis, shocked how easily murray blowed out federer. was thinking he would win in a close 5-setter. i mean murray was playin at home and had just lost to fed in the wiby finals.. tough to beat a hungry guy twice in a row on his home court.

2. have no beef with nbc's non-live all the time or taped-delay coverage. its called capitalism and common sense. the american audience maximizes viewership at primetime so u show it then. just hope they had a more accessible live web deal. the ratings have been the highest in history, thus they must be doing someting well (up big time from beijing games). baseball and golf should somehow be included as well. would like to see mlb shut down and send their best guys for a few weeks to compete.

3. london has really done a great job. too bad romney got it wrong per usual and unnecessarily took cheap shots.

4. usain bolt is a beast. would love to see belichick take a flyer on him as a renaldo nehemiah type at the moss-type fly-route position and have brady hit him in stride versus revis.

5. michael phelps.. the greatest athlete or olympic "athlete" ever.. really? reallyy? i respect the man, enjoy watching him but lets get candid for a sec. tell me steve nash or brady is an athlete and i've no beef for they actually play with the best of the entire universe or at least the nation (brady), u know, of all races and pigments, cultures and classes. phelps pretty much competes only against rich suburban white guys. put a few lebrons, randy mosses or adrian petersons in that POOL (pun intended) of competition and i doubt he's ever in any broad discussion... period! kind of like what happened to red grange, ty cobb, the really old boxers and sprinters, or george mikan and others before the whole sports integration thing. you cant be a great athlete unless your sport has a diversity of PIGMENT. not a racist thing, i give welker, brady and the steve nashes their prop. IF the nfl had little or no diversity, i wouldnt... period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think?

5. michael phelps.. the greatest athlete or olympic "athlete" ever.. really? reallyy? i respect the man, enjoy watching him but lets get candid for a sec. tell me steve nash or brady is an athlete and i've no beef for they actually play with the best of the entire universe or at least the nation (brady), u know, of all races and pigments, cultures and classes. phelps pretty much competes only against rich suburban white guys. put a few lebrons, randy mosses or adrian petersons in that POOL (pun intended) of competition and i doubt he's ever in any broad discussion... period!

I knew you'd throw race in this, but I never saw the "dumb" card being played. Nicely done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Swimmers always have the records for most medals because swimmers do all the strokes.

In sprinting, it's run from point A to point B any way you want and the first one there gets one Gold Medal.

In swimming it's point A to point B doing the breast stroke, then the back stroke, freestyle, etc.  The fastest swimmer is the fastest swimmer and he wins several of those strokes.  I really only care about who can get to the finish the fastest using the fastest stroke.  Who cares about being the fastest swimmer in the slowest stroke.

That would be like if we had the Sprinters run with their hands on top of their heads for 100M, then hands on their hips for 100M.  I'm sure Bolt would take home another couple of golds.

For greatest athlete I say Carl Lewis.  At least sprinting and the long jump are genuinely two different events unlike swimming and swimming another way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : Ha, that's such bull*$%t. You just dismissed the heptathlon, decathlon, triathlon, the walk, the steeplechase, the hurdles, the relays and numerous other events since they don't involve JUST running the fastest way but either jumping over stuff, combining various disciplines, walking instead of running or hurdling into water. You believe only running the fastest for any distance is competition and rest is nonsense ignoring the huge history of competition these events have. The walk can be compared to breastroke, the heptathlon to the medley, the hurdles to butterfly, the relays to relays. So there are equivalents in athletics, it's just you don't see the same athletes winning across categories, except with relays.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    No, I didn't dismiss the heptathlon, decathlon, triathlon, the steeplechase, the hurdles, the relays and numerous other events since they don't involve JUST running.  You just don't understand the post.  I did dismiss the walk. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Swimmers always have the records for most medals because swimmers do all the strokes. In sprinting, it's run from point A to point B any way you want and the first one there gets one Gold Medal. In swimming it's point A to point B doing the breast stroke, then the back stroke, freestyle, etc.  The fastest swimmer is the fastest swimmer and he wins several of those strokes.  I really only care about who can get to the finish the fastest using the fastest stroke.  Who cares about being the fastest swimmer in the slowest stroke. That would be like if we had the Sprinters run with their hands on top of their heads for 100M, then hands on their hips for 100M.  I'm sure Bolt would take home another couple of golds. For greatest athlete I say Carl Lewis.  At least sprinting and the long jump are genuinely two different events unlike swimming and swimming another way.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Have you ever tried to swim backstroke or butterfly? Its incredible how talented they are, I enjoy watching all of the swimming. The races are also various lengths and team relays just like running. Bolt could try to run the 400m if he wanted to take home another gold.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

The Olympics are nothing more than a disgrace to humanity and the image it has created of self loathing, self serving egomaniacs looking for the almighty buck.

Not to mention the hidden drug use and cheating, and thats just the sports casters.

Even the Gold Medals have been depleted, those poor Olympians can't even trade them in for 2 shots of the newest steroids, whats an athlete to do?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Dutch Field Hockey Team for the win.

Bolt />Phelps.........being the fastest man on the planet is better than being the best swimmer....not even a fair comparison. Being the fastest man in the world as tantamount to being Heavyweight Champion of the World and just dominating the h-ll out of the competition (see Tyson).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : I disagree. Have you ever tried to swim backstroke or butterfly? Its incredible how talented they are, I enjoy watching all of the swimming. The races are also various lengths and team relays just like running. Bolt could try to run the 400m if he wanted to take home another gold.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]
    I've swam all the strokes.  There's no doubt they are great athletes and very skilled.

But my point was about saying Phelps or even Spitz is the greatest athlete in the world.  Phelps won 8 gold medals in one olympics all swimming either 100, 200, or 400M.  Compare that to any other sport and you would just have to have a huge diversity in the events to win 8 gold medals.  In sprinting a 100, 200, and 400 are 3 events- one medal a piece. Then I guess you could do the relays and that's 2 more still need 3 more.  After that you would have to either do long distance running or jumping or Javelin or hurdles.  All of those events are vastly different from each other and that's why one person never dominates all of them unlike swimming where we see, and we've seen before one person dominate several similiar events of close distances.

I was just saying that's my perspetive.  Before we compare him to all the other athletes and say he's the greatest ever we should look at how impossible it would be in other sports to take home that many golds.  It's not a fair comparison to other sports. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetsMangione. Show JetsMangione's posts

Very boring except for the sprinters. That only lasts 9.6 seconds though. The basketball team barely beat a bad lithuania team. They may win gold but nothing special. Swimming and gymnastics are boring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Volleyball is one of my favorite Olympic games to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]Volleyball is one of my favorite Olympic games to watch.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    I think she has a hidden agenda! Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]Volleyball is one of my favorite Olympic games to watch.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Yes TFB12. Those fingernails are perfect. How does she do that playing Vollyball?
    If she doesn't win a medal I will volunteer to console her. Does she have a face? Oh, forget that I, I, I don't care about that ...just perfect fingernails...Cool

Keep up the good work .... Enjoy your website

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : I think she has a hidden agenda!
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]
    I believe she is telling me I am #1      Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : Yes TFB12. Those fingernails are perfect. How does she do that playing Vollyball? If she doesn't win a medal I will volunteer to console her. Does she have a face? Oh, forget that I, I, I don't care about that ...just perfect fingernails... Keep up the good work .... Enjoy your website
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!
    Btw, That would be Spains Liliana Fernandez Steiner

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : Thanks! Btw, That would be Spains Liliana Fernandez Steiner
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute there TFB12. Which one is Liliana? I may be changing my mind here. Please don't screw with me Ok? Tongue Out No wait, I just noticed the fingernails again, all is Ok.

wish you well ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

lost intrest in Olympics when they allowed professionals to play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : Yes TFB12. Those fingernails are perfect. How does she do that playing Vollyball? If she doesn't win a medal I will volunteer to console her. Does she have a face? Oh, forget that I, I, I don't care about that ...just perfect fingernails... Keep up the good work .... Enjoy your website
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]u may be be trending gayy if the first thing u noticed on that pic was her fingernails! btw, did anyone see the US soccer match versus the whiny canadians. they are calling us cheats and frauds and blaming the refs. havent beaten us since 2001, US is like 104-3-4 against them all time and they are actually whining! cant wait for the japan-us match on thursday! good times... hope solo will do her thing! alex morgan is pretty sweet! abby wambach is a beast, bill may want to give her a tryout at safety or weak side linebacker or put her in the slot if wes goes down!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? : u may be be trending gayy if the first thing u noticed on that pic was her fingernails!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Hahahhahaa ... sorry to disappoint you comrade ...I did'nt go to the Chick A fil A kiss in a few days ago, did you? Anyway comrade, I got the fingernail idea from the front page of BDC news today titled  Patriotic Olympic manicures.

You got to admit though that she has nice ones..huh?
    Wish you well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLYMPIC GAMES thread, whatcha think? :
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]You got to admit though that she has nice ones..huh?" o yeah comrade, she has nice ones indeed.. but i was too distracted noticing her great personality than notice her nice set of hmmmm...eyebrows! plus she has perfectly sculpted elbows.. must be y guys find her so hot!