OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$#

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$#

In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$#:
    [QUOTE]He is horrible.  He makes me miss Hobbs.
    Posted by ZekeMowattreturns[/QUOTE] are you guys really as crazy as you sound, or are you just blowing off some steam left over from the Indy game? whilite is high up on belichick`s  player evaluaton chart. he`s good and can only get better. in fact this is the best overall secondary i`ve ever seen in NE, and i`m including macgowan, chung and of course meriweather, as well as springs, bodden and  butler. i mean..here we finally have a decent to excellent secondary yet some of you morons like to tear down a good young player. pardon me, but i just don`t get it. and as for indy, they will not want to face this patriot defense in the playoffs i promise you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$# : are you guys really as crazy as you sound, or are you just blowing off some steam left over from the Indy game? whilite is high up on belichick`s  player evaluaton chart. he`s good and can only get better. in fact this is the best overall secondary i`ve ever seen in NE, and i`m including macgowan, chung and of course meriweather, as well as springs, bodden and  butler. i mean..here we finally have a decent to excellent secondary yet some of you morons like to tear down a good young player. pardon me, but i just don`t get it. and as for indy, they will not want to face this patriot defense in the playoffs i promise you.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]
    i second this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Whats very interesting about this thread is how so many people are attacking Wilhite and every Pats fan here basically agrees with the moto "In Bill we Trust"..

Funny!  Leigh Bodden was playing that side of the field all season long BUT in this particular game Wilhite was lined up against Wayne majority of the contest. Peyton's best wideout and 2nd favorite reciever behind Clark.

Mr.3 Int's should've been on Wayne since he can get so much credit for picking off SANCHEZ while Wilhite got burned by WAYNE & MANNING! Like who doesn't get burned by that combo?? Get serious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think he is ok, learning, missed last year.  I like him better than shawn springs.  It did bother me on the touchdown, but he will get chewed and get better.  I'm liking our young fast secondary.  Need some polish, but the parts look good to me.  I hated Asante (i only play for interceptions) Samuel, who as far as i'm concerned LOST us the Superbowl, both by dropping the int and failing to HIT tyree when rodney was holding him up.  Hobbs, not too sure, i think our d was just playing off too much to do anyting good.  Kind of "bend over and dont break"  which is aggravating to me.  I like this years version just fine, but we seem to slack off with a lead on both sides of the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

if he wasn't any good, he wouldn't be put to cover Wayne the whole game. He has simply becoming the best man to man CB we have. Bodden is extremely gifted with cover 2, Butler is too raw still but skilled, so that left us with Wilhite as the best ball skill corner with physical tools. I expect big thing out of him next year, similar to Merriweather and how it took him a couple years to develop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]He is still learning i mean hes right there with guys he just needs to rotate when the ball comes and make a play on it.  Hes def not getting burned.
    Posted by RandyMossinThem[/QUOTE]

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I like what I see in him more than Bodden and Springs.  He's been beat, yes.  But Manning and Wayne have torched MANY.  Each time he's been beaten, he's been very close to making the play.  He appears to have better ball skills than the others.  At least he makes a play on the ball and doesn't look lost.  Bodden v.s. Garcon that what a LOST DB looks like...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Can anyone point out some plays he has made other than when the ball was thrown directly to him - what passes has he broken up?  What good tackles has he made?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    He just recently began getting significant playing time.  What other viable options do we currently have?  Springs, NOT.  Belichick went to him in lieu of Springs because he kept getting burnt on short passes and not tackling.  He was beginning to be called Shawn "1st Down" Springs and for all the wrong reasons.  The young man doesn't have a highlight real yet, but I'm sure he'll be fine.  Bodden is the  real problem...  He's never even close...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$# : are you guys really as crazy as you sound, or are you just blowing off some steam left over from the Indy game? whilite is high up on belichick`s  player evaluaton chart. he`s good and can only get better. in fact this is the best overall secondary i`ve ever seen in NE, and i`m including macgowan, chung and of course meriweather, as well as springs, bodden and  butler. i mean..here we finally have a decent to excellent secondary yet some of you morons like to tear down a good young player. pardon me, but i just don`t get it. and as for indy, they will not want to face this patriot defense in the playoffs i promise you.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!!! They're Better than they were last year but they have a ways to go before they reach the Ty Law/Lawyer Milloy days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

Why don't they bring Butler in to start and use Willhite in the nickel?  Seems like the most sensible option.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Whats very interesting about this thread is how so many people are attacking Wilhite and every Pats fan here basically agrees with the moto "In Bill we Trust".. Funny!  Leigh Bodden was playing that side of the field all season long BUT in this particular game Wilhite was lined up against Wayne majority of the contest. Peyton's best wideout and 2nd favorite reciever behind Clark. Mr.3 Int's should've been on Wayne since he can get so much credit for picking off SANCHEZ while Wilhite got burned by WAYNE & MANNING! Like who doesn't get burned by that combo?? Get serious.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

You make a good point.  Based on experience alone Bodden (7yrs), if he was TRUSTED by BILL, he would've drawn the Wayne assignment (especially in crunch time). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

[QUOTE]He is horrible.  He makes me miss Hobbs.
    Posted by ZekeMowattreturns[/QUOTE]
    are u f*cking serious? he is not horrible he is okay and needs to develop. if he becomes our next asante ur gunna feel like a f*ckin idiot. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Nearly? Is that what we've come down to? Nearly? Wow! Hey, he nearly caught a pass, Yeah, he almost scored a touch down, Hey, we nearly won the Super Bowl!  What idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Sodium...Do you ever read your own quoted...I mean Springs has had a bum knee all year, and yes Wilhite is playing over him. but what missed tackles and multiple 1st downs are you talking about...1st you say he hasnt played in 5 games...than he hasnt done anything in 5 games...Which is it...he cant make plays if he aint playing....the one game he got a bunch of run..he gave up a couple 1st downs but tackled his guy right after the catch.. he is still around the ball, and what I'm saying if they are both around the ball I like Springs chances of breakin up a play more than Wilhite.,.but John is obviulsy the future CB...but if healthy Springs is a better option...but his knee has been acting up all year... If healthy lets see if Springs is in there in the playoffs....
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Yes I can read my own "QUOTED"s.  I can also read my own quotes.  It's rather apparent that you can't.  Sorry about that, but R.I.F.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$# : You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!!! They're Better than they were last year but they have a ways to go before they reach the Ty Law/Lawyer Milloy days.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree and disagree with you here. I agree that the Ty Law era was probably our best secondary but its hard to compare on a level field for 2 reasons. (1) Its way too early and (2) Rules have since changed significantly that would've benefitted DB's in the past. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Jeep Guy..that will eventually be the case...but Wilhite probably more ahead with knowing the "D" right now...but atleast Butler is ahead of where Wilhite was last year...so I see him starting next year... Bodden didnt cover Wayne because he is slow...did you see him strugglin to get into the endzone and almost caught by Sanchez....Same reason Bodden kept giving Denver and Miami reciever cushions even after Bill told them to press there Arrses..becasue he is scared to get beat deep cuz he aint fast...thats why Wilhite was on em..cuz he got good wheels...just not good ball skills....so we ahave a bunch of CB's all with diffferent skillsets..but Butler is the only one with tools to become a shutdown CB..hoepfully that happens next year...

Bodden didn't draw the Wayne assignment because in COACH's evaluation of HIS defensive back talent told him this was a no go, not just because he is SLOW.  He even let an unheralded rookie smoke him like a "pack of KOOLS" on national TV.  Most DB's with his experience KNOW that if your in press coverage and fail or choose not to get a "chuck", if it's a deep route, YOU ARE DONE.  DON'T ARGUE WITH ME, JUST WATCH THE VIDEO...  YOUR GUY DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE BALL HAS BEEN THROWN UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.  HE DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO LOOK FOR THE BALL AFTER 7 YRS...  JUST WATCH THE VIDEO...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/09000d5d8143ad9b/Garcon-29-yard-TD-rec

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$#:
    [QUOTE]OMG does Willite ^%$# Can he cover ANYBODY?
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

I like Wilhite. I have seen him make plenty of plays for the Pats.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

why r we fightin bout the lil shet on our team pats rock and we all know that now 2 the saints!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Ok...Spelling can be fixed...whats ur excuse for being ignorant....You still have yet to show me some facts to back up your rants..
    If it can be, then do so.  My posts will never display ignorance, a different point of view perhaps, but ignorance NEVER.  What is it that you don't understand about INACTIVE, HEALTHY SCRATCH, DNPCD?  There are your FACTS, backed up by the FOOTBALL GURU HIMSELF, BILL BELICHICK.  Anymore queries Sir / Ma'am???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so the guy with 5 INT's has no Ball skills, but the guy with no INT's has ball skills....Can you explain this one again for me please....You are makin my point!! Bodden can play...he is slow..thats why he wasnt on Wayne...how can you say Wilhite has more ball skills...I dont even think he has an INT this year and only one last year...

Everytime your finger hits a key, it's a mistake.  I'll give Bodden 5 INT's, but 4 were "off target" and thrown right to him.  "Off target" is key here.  They were terrible passes that were nowhere near their intended target.  This means "NEITHER WAS HE"....  BTW I GUESS DIRECTV MUST'VE BLACKOUTED OUT SOME OF YOUR COLT GAME, DID YOU MISS WILHITE'S PICK OF A MANNING PASS...  HELLUVA PLAY...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]why r we fightin bout the lil shet on our team pats rock and we all know that now 2 the saints!
    Posted by wtfmaroney[/QUOTE]

I was minding my own business and happen to point out some things and got jumped.  I'm not gonna just let that happen...  Also, I'm doing my Saints research.  Have a good one...

Sections
Shortcuts