OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

WHEWWW!!!! DAMN! What happened? PATS WON, that's what happened! If any of you think that 1st game of the year, on the road, NO MATTER WHO IS PLAYING WHO, is a gimme in the NFL, then you need a reality check. Yeah, I had my brazen prediction PATS by 21, etc. But that is simply excitement and disrespect for the unknown. Takeaways:

-The game is moving 1,000,000-MPH still for the rooks. NORMAL. BUT this game, with the EOG drive to win pays HUGE dividends as the season matures.

-DA is the real deal. YOU SAW IT. WES WHO? GIMME DA ALL F'N DAY LONG! 

-KT is a ROOK, but needed this game to help slow the game down on Thursday night. His heart rate was like 185/min evertime he thought the ball was coming his way, and 200/min when it did. He held it together and caught a few balls. KID IS GONNA BE BIG by EOY when it matters most.

-TB got a real good reality check. He will correct his deficiencies. He's not as perfect as he thought at 36, but I still want him as my QB.

-This game is gold in the bank. To come from behind on the road against a division rival is huge! This will serve to calm the nerves for the play-offs.

-We need receiver help, BUT its on its way! AD will play Thursday and he will get his chance to Shyt himself and then move on to develop into a very good WR. Boyce did Shyt himself too today, but it is a process. TRUST ME! THEY WILL BENEFIT HUGELY FROM TODAY. again, the game will slow down fo rthe kids over about 3-4 games.

-NO matter what any of you think, the D was huge today. PERIOD!!! That is a great sign.....

WE WON. BE HAPPY! WE got killed by the BIlls 1st game of the season a few years back and then had a damned good season. This year, we started off even better!

THANK YOU GHOST!!! and especially DA!!!

I NEED A SHOT............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

I'm with you Rally. This board is full of one game reactionists.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I just hate ridley.  thats my negetivity.  a lot of drives ended by weetard plays that dont happen.  rookies increase weetard play so we should expect weetard things. 

DA is a champ.  KT needs to have plays designed away from the sideline until he is ready. 

VEREEN IS A STAR

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Yes it's a win, but Pats fans are looking to win the SB, not an AFC east Championship.

1st game on the raod in the NFL with several players out, and we win. WE ARE ON OUR WAY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Nice post Rally.

I kept repeating in the game thread that this will offense be a work in progress with all the new players and no Gronk for a few weeks. Preseason and practice can only do some much...real game action is where the magic happens. There are going to be some painful moments early in the season. I think the people who thought the Pats were going to drop 40+ on the Bills were way too optimistic. 

We might have Dobson back on Thursday, so we can see what he adds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Also, Vereen was fantastic today. While the Bills may have a poor run D, this game made me feel even better about his upcoming season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

WHEWWW!!!! DAMN! What happened? PATS WON, that's what happened! If any of you think that 1st game of the year, on the road, NO MATTER WHO IS PLAYING WHO, is a gimme in the NFL, then you need a reality check. Yeah, I had my brazen prediction PATS by 21, etc. But that is simply excitement and disrespect for the unknown. Takeaways:

-The game is moving 1,000,000-MPH still for the rooks. NORMAL. BUT this game, with the EOG drive to win pays HUGE dividends as the season matures.

-KT is a ROOK, but needed this game to help slow the game down on Thursday night. His heart rate was like 185/min evertime he thought the ball was coming his way, and 200/min when it did. He held it together and caught a few balls. KID IS GONNA BE BIG by EOY when it matters most.

-TB got a real good reality check. He will correct his deficiencies. He's not as perfect as he thought at 36, but I still want him as my QB.

-This game is gold in the bank. To come from behind on the road against a division rival is huge! This will serve to calm the nerves for the play-offs.

-We need receiver help, BUT its on its way! AD will play Thursday and he will get his chance to Shyt himself and then move on to develop into a very good WR. Boyce did Shyt himself too today, but it is a process. TRUST ME! THEY WILL BENEFIT HUGELY FROM TODAY. again, the game will slow down fo rthe kids over about 3-4 games.

-NO matter what any of you think, the D was huge today. PERIOD!!! That is a great sign.....

WE WON. BE HAPPY! WE got killed by the BIlls 1st game of the season a few years back and then had a damned good season. This year, we started off even better!

well said Rally.  take that shot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Nice post Rally.

I kept repeating in the game thread that this will offense be a work in progress with all the new players and no Gronk for a few weeks. Preseason and practice can only do some much...real game action is where the magic happens. There are going to be some painful moments early in the season. I think the people who thought the Pats were going to drop 40+ on the Bills were way too optimistic. 

I saw ya posting. I read them....One of the few with your head on still when the chips were down. Glad to see it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nice post Rally.

I saw ya posting. I read them....One of the few with your head on still when the chips were down. Glad to see it!

[/QUOTE]

You as well!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think most everyone is with you on this. A win is a win and that's the only thing that matters. Clean up the TO's and this is a very diffirent gm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I think most everyone is with you on this. A win is a win and that's the only thing that matters. Clean up the TO's and this is a very diffirent gm.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! We were our own worst enemies today. For me, this is a good lesson learned for Tommy. He finally got into their faces with 15-mins left, then HE almost costs us the game, but in the end, proves to everybody on the team they can follow him because he is still CAPTAIN AMERICA who does what he needs to, thank GOD! Movin on! JETS are 1-0! Lets go gett'm....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley finally exposed for the disaster waiting to happen that he is. How in the hell do you do what he did in the AFCCG and then do what he did today. The kid is as dense as Rusty.

KT has a LOT to learn and maybe he will. Don't hold your breath.

D looks like it always does. The Bills rookie QB is a stiff and he hung a 105 in them. Same old.

Vereen looks like the go to guy now. DA played his azz iff. Brady played well despite wretched support except for Vereen and DA.

On the Brady sneak, that's where Tebow could have been an asset. BB should bring TT back and use him in all these potential sneak spots and save wear on Brady.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

All I can tell y'all up north there in my hometown is that those DEPENDS thingys really work.

First game, lotta new faces/rookies etc. etc.....trunovers (ugh!) but for all you Wes whiners,  Danny A. afforded himself awfully well with  VERY nasty injury......10 receptions.  Can't wait to see this guy when he gets healthy......Steven TKU very much.....

However trite a W is a W but undoubetedly lots to sort out........

Go PATS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, a win is a win, but sure not the way we wanted or expected.  Had no idea how much this team has to do to get better.  Long ways to go.  Hey, we got the win but it was one of those very discouraging wins.

I think you picked the Pats to win 42-20, didn't you Rally?  Should have been a much easier win against a rookie QB that has been out the last 2-3 weeks.  As well as their Defense really isn't that good.

No shame in admitting this team has a very steep hill to climb after the showing tehy put on today.  Those young receivers were exposed.  We do not have a good receiveing core, guys.  Stop pretending we do.  Yes, it's only game #1 but man, they Pats have a whole lot more work to do then I ever anticipated.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ridley finally exposed for the disaster waiting to happen that he is. How in the hell do you do what he did in the AFCCG and then do what he did today. The kid is as dense as Rusty.

D looks like it always does. The Bills rookie QB is a stiff and he hung a 105 in them. Same old.

Vereen looks like the go to guy now. DA played his azz iff. Brady played well despite wretched support except for Vereen and DA.

On the Brady sneak, that's where Tebow could have been an asset. BB should bring TT back and use him in all these potential sneak spots and save wear on Brady.

All I can say is PRAY for Ridley! He has huge talent, and we really do need him, but one more drop and he is TRADE BAIT. Thanks God we do have Vereen to fall back on, and Bolden will get his shot too.

Ever sing in front of a group of people for the very first time? It feels like you are in a diferent dimension and you can barely remember the words, forget about perfoming well! That's what all of these guys felt like today, even the 2nd year guys still get it first game of the year or so. My first college game was in the SWAMP against the FLA Gators when they were ranked in the top-5 on National TV. I don't even remember what happened in the first 3-qtrs fo the game if not for the tape. I actually had an excellent game! But all i remember is hearing a sound like a train in my ears as I marveled at Wilbur Marshall, and Niell Anderson, and Wayne Peace, etc, etc, etc......KT will be fine, and likely very very good. You heard Dierdorf today....small adjustments and to remember to always move with a purpose when the QB is in scramble mode. Today, he couldn't even spell Kembrell!

Tebow will always be welcomed back by me for several reasons. I just wish he would let them use him in other ways. Hard headed I guess.....

D, I disagree, It was excellent over all, Babe. Room for improvement, yeah, but the Bills aren't nearly as bad as what we remembered from even last season. Manuel is gonna give a lot of teams fits and we did a very good job of keeping him in check by NFL standards.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Yes, a win is a win, but sure not the way we wanted or expected.  Had no idea how much this team has to do to get better.  Long ways to go.  Hey, we got the win but it was one of those very discouraging wins.

I think you picked the Pats to win 42-20, didn't you Rally?  Should have been a much easier win against a rookie QB that has been out the last 2-3 weeks.  As well as their Defense really isn't that good.

No shame in admitting this team has a very steep hill to climb after the showing tehy put on today.  Those young receivers were exposed.  We do not have a good receiveing core, guys.  Stop pretending we do.  Yes, it's only game #1 but man, they Pats have a whole lot more work to do then I ever anticipated.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

41-20 was my pick. Waaay off, just like everybody else........BUT, more importantly, this team showed resolve. Not many in this league can do what they did. I am satisfied with the start to the process that is the season. I do not expect them to be great for a while, as they infuse themselves with the new personnel. My oversite was with the Bills. I gave them no cnsideration to being the home team on the first day of the NFL season with HOPE. And as we all saw, they are better than last season. Manuel will be a player, he is a genuine NFL QB who can move. He reminds me of a young McNabb.

We will be much better and nothing that I saw today tells me anything different. I am as excited today as I was yesterday. I am just more realistic about the process and submit more respect to the other NFL teams and their abilities to win ANY game, NO MATTER WHO THE OPPONENT. Thats just how it really is....OH, and TFB, you seem not to have mentioned DANNY AMENDOLA!!!! is that on purpose? After all, he did show ALL OF US IN CLUTCH TIME that he could catch vs. well, you know who????? LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

The D looks like it always does. Bailing out an offense led by Brady that turns it over and squanders numerous opportunities earlier in games.

Same old, same old is right.

Brady best stay focused even in what appears to be a safe and easy situation.

Tebow could have been an asset? Oh my. Seek it.

Fruit cup tonight?

I got your fruit cup bro! come get some. Now go soak your dentures......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

RallyC is spot on. I did not post pin the game thread and had stop reading it as well.  

To all the negative nannies out there (many of you) - All teams need to work on some things. Game one does not tell the story. Relax - enjoy the process. You don't like then shut the TV off - I am a fan all day every day - the good the bad and the ugly, I am in with my team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The D looks like it always does. Bailing out an offense led by Brady that turns it over and squanders numerous opportunities earlier in games.

Fruit cup tonight?

I can't believe the players BB gave Brady to carry this season.  TFB is probably already asking BB and Kraft to explain where ever penny of his restructure went.  There is some explaining to do.  Brady looked very discouraged out there today.  Sad to see a HOF QB look like that when other top QB's around the league are actually provided top talent to help them win a SB.

Defense looked better then the O today, but that's really not saying a whole lot.  Lots of work left to do on both sides of the ball. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fruit cup tonight?

I can't believe the players BB gave Brady to carry this season.  TFB is probably already asking BB and Kraft to explain where ever penny of his restructure went.  There is some explaining to do.  Brady looked very discouraged out there today.  Sad to see a HOF QB look like that when other top QB's around the league are actually provided top talent to help them win a SB.

Defense looked better then the O today, but that's really not saying a whole lot.  Lots of work left to do on both sides of the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

TFB, you have limited vision. The best teams in the NFL today, are the ones who improve every week and peak in the play-offs. Come on man, you are gonna dwell on what was a charachter building TEAM win??? and play it as a downer? Dude, that is ultra trollish!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

All I can say is PRAY for Ridley! He has huge talent, and we really do need him, but one more drop and he is TRADE BAIT. Thanks God we do have Vereen to fall back on, and Bolden will get his shot too.

Ever sing in front of a group of people for the very first time? It feels like you are in a diferent dimension and you can barely remember the words, forget about perfoming well! That's what all of these guys felt like today, even the 2nd year guys still get it first game of the year or so. My first college game was in the SWAMP against the FLA Gators when they were ranked in the top-5 on National TV. I don't even remember what happened in the first 3-qtrs fo the game if not for the tape. I actually had an excellent game! But all i remember is hearing a sound like a train in my ears as I marveled at Wilbur Marshall, and Niell Anderson, and Wayne Peace, etc, etc, etc......KT will be fine, and likely very very good. You heard Dierdorf today....small adjustments and to remember to always move with a purpose when the QB is in scramble mode. Today, he couldn't even spell Kembrell!

Tebow will always be welcomed back by me for several reasons. I just wish he would let them use him in other ways. Hard headed I guess.....

D, I disagree, It was excellent over all, Babe. Room for improvement, yeah, but the Bills aren't nearly as bad as what we remembered from even last season. Manuel is gonna give a lot of teams fits and we did a very good job of keeping him in check by NFL standards.

[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have your confidence in the young receivers. I am hoping for the best, but given the Pats recent history with young receivers, I am waiting to see them develop before I count on anything from them.

That said, I think when Gronk comes back, this offense will have enough weapons to not need big numbers from the rookies so it should not matter.

The defense was the opposite of the past few years. Solid in the middle of the field (the Bills had one drive or more than 6 plays). The Bills got in the "Red Zone" twice and scored TDs both times (actually those were they only drives that got inside of the Pats 44 yard-line).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Feel bad for Ridley, he just knocked himself to the bottom of the depth chart Even behind Washington. He could be cut. 

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- TheMANdola. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I wish I could have your confidence in the young receivers. I am hoping for the best, but given the Pats recent history with young receivers, I am waiting to see them develop before I count on anything from them.

That said, I think when Gronk comes back, this offense will have enough weapons to not need big numbers from the rookies so it should not matter.

The defense was the opposite of the past few years. Solid in the middle of the field (the Bills had one drive or more than 6 plays). The Bills got in the "Red Zone" twice and scored TDs both times (actually those were they only drives that got inside of the Pats 44 yard-line).

I understand. But they can all catch the ball, all have exceptional speed and they are all smart enough for the offense. IF NOT, Lloyd would be on the squad right now. Patience my friend. We will see these kids blossom right before our very eyes. Confidence and chemistry will come fast once they get use to the bright lights of the NFL stage. Hit me up after game 3-4 and lets see what you think......