OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Re: OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

In response to iamspuriousbabe's comment:

well said Rally.  take that shot!

C'Mon Phatty Rexy...wew all know who you is....silly little mannnnn

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the stalkitude - I feel I've arrived.

and kudos on your internet Catlolz skillz.  You are clearly not one to be trifled with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think the Pats will be fine--first games are very unpredictable being that starters haven't played for two weeks in a game that counts. Secondly it's almost unheard of to Win ON THE ROAD when you cough up the ball 3-4 times-so winning today was impressive. Lastly Brady has all NEW targets outside Edelmen at Reciever and rookies to boot--if this team can stay healthy they have a chance to win it all--but they cannot afford to lose key guys like  TB, Big Vince, Talib,Gronk, DA  C Jones a LB that matters and maybe even Kelly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Yes, a win is a win, but sure not the way we wanted or expected.  Had no idea how much this team has to do to get better.  Long ways to go.  Hey, we got the win but it was one of those very discouraging wins.

I think you picked the Pats to win 42-20, didn't you Rally?  Should have been a much easier win against a rookie QB that has been out the last 2-3 weeks.  As well as their Defense really isn't that good.

No shame in admitting this team has a very steep hill to climb after the showing tehy put on today.  Those young receivers were exposed.  We do not have a good receiveing core, guys.  Stop pretending we do.  Yes, it's only game #1 but man, they Pats have a whole lot more work to do then I ever anticipated.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

I guess you never watched the pre 2004 Pats very much did you. The young guys weren't "exposed" like you mean it. They were manhandled by vet DBs. They made rookie mistakes. There is a reason they are called "rookie mistakes". They also need to take the equipment manager to task for not having the proper shoes for the game. I don't think I've ever seen so many guys slipping and falling on a dry surface. That was the reason for the Sudfeld int, and most of Thompkins problems (aside from being manhandled by the DBs).  These guys are much better than you give them credit for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

WHEWWW!!!! DAMN! What happened? PATS WON, that's what happened! If any of you think that 1st game of the year, on the road, NO MATTER WHO IS PLAYING WHO, is a gimme in the NFL, then you need a reality check. Yeah, I had my brazen prediction PATS by 21, etc. But that is simply excitement and disrespect for the unknown. Takeaways:

-The game is moving 1,000,000-MPH still for the rooks. NORMAL. BUT this game, with the EOG drive to win pays HUGE dividends as the season matures.

-DA is the real deal. YOU SAW IT. WES WHO? GIMME DA ALL F'N DAY LONG! 

-KT is a ROOK, but needed this game to help slow the game down on Thursday night. His heart rate was like 185/min evertime he thought the ball was coming his way, and 200/min when it did. He held it together and caught a few balls. KID IS GONNA BE BIG by EOY when it matters most.

-TB got a real good reality check. He will correct his deficiencies. He's not as perfect as he thought at 36, but I still want him as my QB.

-This game is gold in the bank. To come from behind on the road against a division rival is huge! This will serve to calm the nerves for the play-offs.

-We need receiver help, BUT its on its way! AD will play Thursday and he will get his chance to Shyt himself and then move on to develop into a very good WR. Boyce did Shyt himself too today, but it is a process. TRUST ME! THEY WILL BENEFIT HUGELY FROM TODAY. again, the game will slow down fo rthe kids over about 3-4 games.

-NO matter what any of you think, the D was huge today. PERIOD!!! That is a great sign.....

WE WON. BE HAPPY! WE got killed by the BIlls 1st game of the season a few years back and then had a damned good season. This year, we started off even better!

THANK YOU GHOST!!! and especially DA!!!

I NEED A SHOT............

Couldn't say it better.  I'm with you 100%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

The D looks like it always does. Bailing out an offense led by Brady that turns it over and squanders numerous opportunities earlier in games.

Same old, same old is right.

Brady best stay focused even in what appears to be a safe and easy situation.

Tebow could have been an asset? Oh my. Seek it.

Fruit cup tonight?

I can't believe the players BB gave Brady to carry this season.  TFB is probably already asking BB and Kraft to explain where ever penny of his restructure went.  There is some explaining to do.  Brady looked very discouraged out there today.  Sad to see a HOF QB look like that when other top QB's around the league are actually provided top talent to help them win a SB.

Defense looked better then the O today, but that's really not saying a whole lot.  Lots of work left to do on both sides of the ball. 

TFB, you have limited vision. The best teams in the NFL today, are the ones who improve every week and peak in the play-offs. Come on man, you are gonna dwell on what was a charachter building TEAM win??? and play it as a downer? Dude, that is ultra trollish!

That is just the way TFB is! He is one of the "objective" (read that debbie downer) fans.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

the doom and gloomers got to get a grip

I think they feel they are protecting the fans who see hope As being naive

Like we only think the Pats are perfect and have no problems,

They cannot help themselves . this team has a ways eo go and they will get better as ehe season goes on. the D is better, the O has more versatility and Gost And holder did great

btw have you seen some of the putrid games by other teams?  

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

TFB, you have limited vision. The best teams in the NFL today, are the ones who improve every week and peak in the play-offs. Come on man, you are gonna dwell on what was a charachter building TEAM win??? and play it as a downer? Dude, that is ultra trollish!

Will they get better, yes.  But good enough to battle for the AFCC?  Wow, I am not sure.  I had no idea they have so much work a head of them.  They looked bad today.  The young WR core looked it, that is not a good thing.   Edelman was the best receiver today and that isn't saying much. 

Trollish would be to say hey, don't worry they have BB and TFB, they will be fine.  Today was a disaster.  Even Kraft looked like he couldn't wit to get out of there today.  I'm sure he isn't to happy either.

The Pats escaped with a victory today, one that they probably didn't deserve to get.

A DISASTER? That is absolute BS TFB. We dont agree and i will leave it at that. Not sure where you are drawing your expertise, but you are speaking as if you have some as an NFL GM or something. There is no such thing as ANY WIN IN THE NFL being classified as a disaster. Stop the drama man. sleep on it man and lets talk again on Friday after we beat the Jets. 

Sorry for keeping things real around here but yes, it was a disaster.  The team was exposed for what it is.  Too young and not enough talent and noothing near the amount of depth this team needs with being so young.  Will it get better, yes and thank goodness TFB is leading the offense but you could totally see the frustration out there from him today.  More so then ever before.  Please tell me the last time he was like that?    Will it be good enough to win it all this year?  Not by what I have seen from other teams so far.  Many are way a head of the Pat already.  Hope they can improve enough to make a run in the playoffs.

The only thing that was exposed and a disaster is your opinion of this game.  So Brady was frustrated, OMG the world is coming to an end!!! I would hope he would have enough strength of character to over come that, and he wasn't totally blameless in it all.  In the end, he did overcome it. The D played a better game than last years team would have. They came from behind to win the game with Ghost making a game winning kick with time running out. Again, something that probably wouldn't have happened last year. And I have no idea where you come off saying the rooks don't have  enough talent. Were you even watching the same game? Sudfeld played just as well as Hern did last year. Thompkins played better than Branch, Amendola played better than WW. Edelman played better than Lloyd. Sheesh!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Will they get better, yes.  But good enough to battle for the AFCC?  Wow, I am not sure.  I had no idea they have so much work a head of them.  They looked bad today.  The young WR core looked it, that is not a good thing.   Edelman was the best receiver today and that isn't saying much. 

Trollish would be to say hey, don't worry they have BB and TFB, they will be fine.  Today was a disaster.  Even Kraft looked like he couldn't wit to get out of there today.  I'm sure he isn't to happy either.

The Pats escaped with a victory today, one that they probably didn't deserve to get.

A DISASTER? That is absolute BS TFB. We dont agree and i will leave it at that. Not sure where you are drawing your expertise, but you are speaking as if you have some as an NFL GM or something. There is no such thing as ANY WIN IN THE NFL being classified as a disaster. Stop the drama man. sleep on it man and lets talk again on Friday after we beat the Jets. 

Sorry for keeping things real around here but yes, it was a disaster.  The team was exposed for what it is.  Too young and not enough talent and noothing near the amount of depth this team needs with being so young.  Will it get better, yes and thank goodness TFB is leading the offense but you could totally see the frustration out there from him today.  More so then ever before.  Please tell me the last time he was like that?    Will it be good enough to win it all this year?  Not by what I have seen from other teams so far.  Many are way a head of the Pat already.  Hope they can improve enough to make a run in the playoffs.

The only thing that was exposed and a disaster is your opinion of this game.  So Brady was frustrated, OMG the world is coming to an end!!! I would hope he would have enough strength of character to over come that, and he wasn't totally blameless in it all.  In the end, he did overcome it. The D played a better game than last years team would have. They came from behind to win the game with Ghost making a game winning kick with time running out. Again, something that probably wouldn't have happened last year. And I have no idea where you come off saying the rooks don't have  enough talent. Were you even watching the same game? Sudfeld played just as well as Hern did last year. Thompkins played better than Branch, Amendola played better than WW. Edelman played better than Lloyd. Sheesh!

I hope your previous 1292 posts weren't as bad as this one.  This was the Bills, it wasn't even supposed to be close.  The Bills defense is in some bad shape, they are playing with a rookie QB who had been out the last 2-3 weeks after a leg surgery/procedure.  The Pats almost lost today.  Lots of things for this team to work on.  They weren't supposed to come from behind and win it with a FG.  Thompkins was horrible, and that comes after I previously said he might be the best WR on this team.  He looked every bit of the rookie he is.  Something many here said wasn't going to be a problem. 

Yes,m some of you clearly need a reality check!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

1 - 0 is 1 - 0.  Yeah, to win "pretty" is always nice, but, the Pats won.  If the Pats can win a game playing ugly, I like their chances when they play "pretty" and we know they will.  The Bills were WAY up for this game based on the pre-game trash talking coming from that team.

The most important thing needed is to forget 2007 and the offense of the last couple years.  This year may be like the early years of the Pats SB run in which the O doesn't lose the game and the D may just help enough to win.  They got some mighty important 3 and outs late in the game, didn't they?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Sections
Shortcuts