OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: OMG! STOP THE MADNESS! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK......

In response to RallyC's comment:

TFB, you have limited vision. The best teams in the NFL today, are the ones who improve every week and peak in the play-offs. Come on man, you are gonna dwell on what was a charachter building TEAM win??? and play it as a downer? Dude, that is ultra trollish!

Will they get better, yes.  But good enough to battle for the AFCC?  Wow, I am not sure.  I had no idea they have so much work a head of them.  They looked bad today.  The young WR core looked it, that is not a good thing.   Edelman was the best receiver today and that isn't saying much. 

Trollish would be to say hey, don't worry they have BB and TFB, they will be fine.  Today was a disaster.  Even Kraft looked like he couldn't wit to get out of there today.  I'm sure he isn't to happy either.

The Pats escaped with a victory today, one that they probably didn't deserve to get.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

TFB, you have limited vision. The best teams in the NFL today, are the ones who improve every week and peak in the play-offs. Come on man, you are gonna dwell on what was a charachter building TEAM win??? and play it as a downer? Dude, that is ultra trollish!

Will they get better, yes.  But good enough to battle for the AFCC?  Wow, I am not sure.  I had no idea they have so much work a head of them.  They looked bad today.  The young WR core looked it, that is not a good thing.   Edelman was the best receiver today and that isn't saying much. 

Trollish would be to say hey, don't worry they have BB and TFB, they will be fine.  Today was a disaster.  Even Kraft looked like he couldn't wit to get out of there today.  I'm sure he isn't to happy either.

The Pats escaped with a victory today, one that they probably didn't deserve to get.

[/QUOTE]

It was ugly...but a W is a W....Buffablow always shoots themselves in the foot...bad teams do that....I mean, if you want bad teams, look at the Jets and Tampa....I'm pissed at Tampa for giving that moron G Smith the belief that he's an actual NFL starter...only having Mark "I look like a guy from Menudo" Sanchez the BUSTMEISTER behind you lets that happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

A DISASTER? That is absolute BS TFB. We dont agree and i will leave it at that. Not sure where you are drawing your expertise, but you are speaking as if you have some as an NFL GM or something. There is no such thing as ANY WIN IN THE NFL being classified as a disaster. Stop the drama man. sleep on it man and lets talk again on Friday after we beat the Jets. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Thank you, Rally. It is the first game of the year with a largely new offense. They kept their heads in the game and got it done. The chemistry will come, but this win shows that they have some character.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

A DISASTER? That is absolute BS TFB. We dont agree and i will leave it at that. Not sure where you are drawing your expertise, but you are speaking as if you have some as an NFL GM or something. There is no such thing as ANY WIN IN THE NFL being classified as a disaster. Stop the drama man. sleep on it man and lets talk again on Friday after we beat the Jets. 

And we will beat the Jets...one look at that dullard G Smith at the end of that game made me feel very warm and fuzzy about our ability to croak them this week...he truly has the countenance of the less than blessed in the brains department...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Last year at home they lost his type of game to Ariz. This was the opening game against a divisional foe on the road. This was a very good win by a team that isn't any where close to where they will be come week 7, 8, 9...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think we're all grateful for a W.

and we're all reassured that DA is the real deal.  Better performance than butter hands Wes would have given us.  and Vereen is a stud, orders of magnitiude better than DW.

BUT:

Lets be realistic.  This offense looked very shakey.  Our WRs are a mess and we have NO PASS RUSH whatsoever.  That is reason for major concern and discussion.  We were lucky to play a bad team with an inexperienced QB today.  Fortuneately we have the Jets next, but we need to solve these problems quickly or we're not going very far this year.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

and we're all reassured that DA is the real deal.  Better performance than butter hands Wes would have given us.  and Vereen is a stud, orders of magnitiude better than DW.

BUT:

Lets be realistic.  This offense looked very shakey.  Our WRs are a mess and we have NO PASS RUSH whatsoever.  That is reason for major concern and discussion.  We were lucky to play a bad team with an inexperienced QB today.  Fortuneately we have the Jets next, but we need to solve these problems quickly or we're not going very far this year.    

the lack of pass rush concerns me. The rookie WR's will get better as the season progresses the pass rush should be there now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sorry for keeping things real around here but yes, it was a disaster.  The team was exposed for what it is.  Too young and not enough talent and noothing near the amount of depth this team needs with being so young.  Will it get better, yes and thank goodness TFB is leading the offense but you could totally see the frustration out there from him today.  More so then ever before.  Please tell me the last time he was like that?    Will it be good enough to win it all this year?  Not by what I have seen from other teams so far.  Many are way a head of the Pat already.  Hope they can improve enough to make a run in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Since the game actually happened...it was real...

So the post game reviews are actually a reality check...

We are discussing the reality of what we just saw as real...

Hope that clears things up...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

It's "corps", not "core".

Stop lecturing people about what we saw today. Brady was terrible at times with execution and decisions. 1 fumble and 1 INT, with each completely avoidable.

The defense was very good bailing out your boyfriend again.

The D looked better then the offense today, but that doesn't say a whole lot.  D has some problems to work on, for sure.  Not nearly as many as the offense.  The int wasn't Brady's fault, the fumble was.   Brady needs some more help, he was very frustrated out there today, having to do too much.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It was a pretty horrible game all around.  Special teams were not good, defense did ok but little push and not the best coverage either.  Offense looked addled at times.  Amendola, Edelman and Vereen pretty much bailed the whole thing out.  That and the Bills decision to stay in hurry up mode late in the game when they should have been milking clock.  Ridley does not deserve a job given his recent play.  Not even sure he is worth keeping at this point, I would just use a Blount instrument for the main part of the work and Vereen in the Kevin Faulk role.  Maybe keep Ridley or maybe just slot Bolden in there.  KT has the tools and needs polish and footwork, but that will come. Glad to come out with a W but we keep making rookie QBs look like Dan Marino.  On to the Jests, who, no matter HOW inept they may be, came out on top of TB and who know us well enough to attack the now exposed weaknesses.  We shall see.  All I know is, I saw the Ravens and Broncos play thursday and either team would have beaten the Pats that I saw today.  So, we escaped for now.  Like Luke Skywalker, we will have to train and become powerful enough to take on Darth Vader.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I don't think reality checks are madness- what is always interesting to me is everyone's reality is different. I'm happy the Patriots won. I saw an ugly sloppy game- mostly on the offense side. Bills provided many assists for Pats to stay in the game with a slew of penalities and ugly game playing of their own.  Bills rookies out played Pats rookies, and the Bills rookie coach almost outcoached BB or McD. Some play calling head scratchers in the red zone.

There is a lot of tuning up still to be had. More than I expected with Thompkins. Really disapointing fumbles by Ridley. Tight ends were a nonfactor. Could not get open. TB was doing a lot of on field direction for the receiving team on routes, again more than expected. Amedola and Edelman came through with decent games. I hope they can both stay on the field. The OL had several surpsing breakdowns today, though kept it together. Jury out on our new punter= gave the Bills great field position several times.

Yes it is game one- many rough edges. Reality check for me is that the skill and talent level we had for offense last year clearly took a hit. Vereen stepped up and shows promise and Gronk will be a godsend when he returns.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Thank you, Rally. It is the first game of the year with a largely new offense. They kept their heads in the game and got it done. The chemistry will come, but this win shows that they have some character.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

It's a better outcome than a 0-31 loss to start the year. How can you not feel good about their chances of making it to the SB?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

It's a better outcome than a 0-31 loss to start the year. How can you not feel good about their chances of making it to the SB?

[/QUOTE]

You might misinterpret that I was referring to you when I asked that question. I meant how can anyone...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I'm with you Rally. This board is full of one game reactionists.

i with yall too....people jump ship real fast around here

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope Brady keeps going to Thompkins because we are going to need some of these young guys to come through, especially when you watch Amendola come up grabbing something. I'd like to see more of Boyce. I'd like to see Thompkins gain ten pounds of muscle. And I hope Dobson gets out there and shows why we drafted him so high. Edelman had a great performance today, but I've learned to expect an injury to him - my hope is that we can get at least a month out of him and that the rookies will be ready to take over. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Agree, it's just one game and it was a W.  Brady and the coaches finally realize that they have a star-in-waiting in Vereen but pretty much ignored him last year.  Vereen has the Reggie Bush potential, and you all saw what RB did today.

The defense played very well except for the drive to start the 3Q on which they gave up a TD.  Bills' other TDs came on the fumble return and on a very short field, thanks to TB.

DA's performance was as advertised.  He just has to stay healthy.

KT is good but quite raw. 4 catches on 14 targets is actually quite poor.  Hopefully, when Dobson gets back, TB will have the guts and skill to exploit him deep.

Once again, this team will go as far as TB can take them!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Week one is always crazy. The Patriots won in Buffalo, something they didn't do a couple of years ago. The defense played well and will get better like they do every year. My biggest concern is that they still pass too much inside the 10 yard line. Give the young receivers a little more time. DA is a very good player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

An ugly win is better then an ugly loss.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

Agree, it's just one game and it was a W.  Brady and the coaches finally realize that they have a star-in-waiting in Vereen but pretty much ignored him last year.  Vereen has the Reggie Bush potential, and you all saw what RB did today.

The defense played very well except for the drive to start the 3Q on which they gave up a TD.  Bills' other TDs came on the fumble return and on a very short field, thanks to TB.

DA's performance was as advertised.  He just has to stay healthy.

KT is good but quite raw. 4 catches on 14 targets is actually quite poor.  Hopefully, when Dobson gets back, TB will have the guts and skill to exploit him deep.

Once again, this team will go as far as TB can take them!

VEREEN has Reggie Bush skills! EXACTLY. EXCELLENT comparison. Vereen always steps up when called upon just hopes he can take the beating back there. He's got the skills+ for sure. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

BUT:

Good, realistic post. Unfortunately, many posters invariably attempt to put a positive spin on a very sub-par performance all around. A sub-par performance, especially considering the opposition. I believe that today's offense was an anomaly. Can the offense steadily improve and be consistent ? I expect the offense to again be very good, even with all the rookies.  However, I don't expect the D to be markedly different than in years past. Same old, same old - inconsistent pass rush and horrific pass defense. The PATS as usual will beat the poor teams. And this year they most likely will lose most of their games to teams that will make the playoffs. Again, PATS fans patiently hope that this is the year the D turns the corner and realizes it's potential.  And they will have the same hope next year. The window with TB continues to close.

Sections
Shortcuts