On Any Given Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

On Any Given Sunday

San Diego wallops Baltimore. 
    KC ruins the "perfect" Pack.
    Indy is no longer imperfectly perfect. 
    Seattle is still alive. 

On any given Sunday one NFL team can rise to a challenge and do the highly improbable. This fact makes the Pats success, and yes - BB's success, all the more impressive. 

No one is more vigilant than BB week to week. He rarely overlooks an opponent and he rarely allows that team that has less talent the opportunity to beat the Pats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: On Any Given Sunday

In Response to On Any Given Sunday:
    [QUOTE]San Diego wallops Baltimore.  KC ruins the "perfect" Pack. Indy is no longer imperfectly perfect.  Seattle is still alive.  On any given Sunday one NFL team can rise to a challenge and do the highly improbable. This fact makes the Pats success, and yes - BB's success, all the more impressive.  No one is more vigilant than BB week to week. He rarely overlooks an opponent and he rarely allows that team that has less talent the opportunity to beat the Pats. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

True, and it's important that the Pats don't let up against the Fins and Bills. The Pats will be heavily favored in these games, but they need to come out as though they were playing the Packers and Steelers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to On Any Given Sunday:
    [QUOTE]San Diego wallops Baltimore.  KC ruins the "perfect" Pack. Indy is no longer imperfectly perfect.  Seattle is still alive.  On any given Sunday one NFL team can rise to a challenge and do the highly improbable. This fact makes the Pats success, and yes - BB's success, all the more impressive.  No one is more vigilant than BB week to week. He rarely overlooks an opponent and he rarely allows that team that has less talent the opportunity to beat the Pats. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

Buffalo this year, cannnot think of any other loss where the other team had less talent than the PAts in quite a few years. All other losses have been to teams with more talent. I need to interpret this talent thing as speed, strength, agility...everything but mental . If you count mental then the PAts are one of the most talented teams.

As much as Denver people complain that their drafts have been terrible and McDaniels left them with terrible talent they have quite a bit..just need to practice holding onto the ball and practice some discipline, lot of stupid penalties.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: On Any Given Sunday:
    [QUOTE]Cheatsburgh and the Corvids are overrated.  Baltenbored's defense is very NY Wets-like, all hype and no substance. Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Is this a new pejorative language adopted by some and used with a decoder?
    I thought the same as the OP did.

Any given Sunday.

I know most Patriots fans are thankful for BB and his winning ways and consistency. Seeing Romeo Crennel smiling on the sidelines was nice. He's always been a class act. I think Mike Tomlin is too. It looks to be anyone's trophy for the taking and it certainly was a great day of NFL football.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Buffalo is toast.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Pittsburgh cheats, therefore Cheatsburgh.  My mother had a clinet (she cleaned houses) that move from Baltimore to Maine.  Her children called Baltimore "Baltenbore", I just changed it to "Baltenbored". Also, there are NO Ravens in Baltimore, just American and Fish Crows, both of which are Corvids.  So to be correct, they should be the Corvids. Where's the code in that? Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Seems contrived...and pejorative.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On Any Given Sunday : You're contrived and perjorative.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, BB is a great coach. That's why it is so puzzling that people question him all the time about how he coaches a football game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, BB is a great coach. That's why it is so puzzling that people question him all the time about how he coaches a football game.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

And no coach is perfect. But the respect for a coach should be based upon their ability to get their players prepared each week and yes, their ability to coach, coach their vision that is. 

It will be a sad day when BB steps down. We are so lucky to have him here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Yup - 2007 was a tough season to swallow losing the SB.  But seriously, 16-0 was something special regardless of the end result.  I thought FOR SURE the Pack were going to do it this season too.

Just goes to show how truly awesome that 16-0 run was.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I totally agree with the OP.  Otherwise how can anyone explain SD over Baltimore, KC over GB, 'skins over Giants, Colts over Titans? And after yesterday's adjustments after the 1st qtr I don't know how anyone can question BB's coaching.  The Pats are as mentally tough as they come and the principal reason behind it is the guy who coaches 'em.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Sunday was a beautiful day for NFL football fans. Especially a day of beauty for Pats fans. Wow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree with the OP.  Otherwise how can anyone explain SD over Baltimore, KC over GB, 'skins over Giants, Colts over Titans? And after yesterday's adjustments after the 1st qtr I don't know how anyone can question BB's coaching.  The Pats are as mentally tough as they come and the principal reason behind it is the guy who coaches 'em.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Do we owe the maligned Bill O'Brien credit for making offensive adjustments in the 2nd Quarter?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On Any Given Sunday : And no coach is perfect. But the respect for a coach should be based upon their ability to get their players prepared each week and yes, their ability to coach, coach their vision that is.  It will be a sad day when BB steps down. We are so lucky to have him here. 
    Posted by taljr[/QUOTE]

It will be a sad day for true sports fans. However I suspect Bill isn't going anywhere soon. They miked him a couple games ago and the enthusiasm he had during the game was palpable. I also think he has enough ego that he wants to go down in history as the greatest coach in the history of the game.... and he wants to keep that moniker until the day he dies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to know why, when a Pat strips a runner or the QB of the football, the opponent made a "mistake", but if someone like say, Ray Lewis, strips the ball from Brady for a turnover, Lewis made a great play.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Ray Lewis killed a guy, no one is going to say bad things about him!

It's just like Tevow gets all the credit for Wins but after a loss it's all Tebow is progessing and blah blah blah. Our defense knows how to make plays sometimes not as muc hand as often as we would like.

Sections
Shortcuts