On Ocho(cinco)...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

On Ocho(cinco)...

The guy is coachable, simply put,  He will work out fine.  Watch him start to "get it" down the stretch.

“I need Bill to stay in my ear, I need Tom . . . all of them. I need all of them to stay in my ear constantly,” Ochocinco said. “The more info (I get), the more I can absorb and become a sponge and learn from those guys that have been here in the system, the more comfortable I’ll get. The more relaxed I am, the better I’ll play.”  (Boston Herald)

As we know, players usually come back the next season ever more confident in the system.  I believe the hope here is that #85 starts to show earler signs.  This is not to say that one cannot be productive along the way.  However, once players "get it", the decision process improves on the field.

Personally, I love the fact that #85 is coachable.  He'll be fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: On Ocho(cinco)...

I agree and think he will do great in this system. I dont mean just numbers either . Goes to show you how smart he is to pick it all up on the fly. Best comparison is Joey Galloway, relatively same age and point in there carreers. Chad did something in one pre season game Moss or lots of receivers will never do....have the stones to go across the middle and get laid out for the ball. I like the guy ..............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He'll bring his game up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I love the way he went all out after getting his clock cleaned.  He is BB type of player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he runs crisp routes, want to play for BB, wants a ring, doesn't need to be the #1 WR, and is not afraid of contact. sounds like a great WR for this offense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He needs keep his trap shut and play football and he will be fine. he needs to be a Patriot first and then after the game he can be Ocho Cinco

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the guy will figure it out and help the team, but I'm starting to think he is going to hate it here. It's got to be killing him to keep his trap shut, learn a new offense and struggle like he has. This guy is different than Moss in personality - Moss hated the media and trusted no one - Ocho is out going and loves to talk and draw attention to himself. Maybe once he gets involved and he starts to win, he can be satisfied with a few cute little sound bites after the game and celebratory dance or two...but that's all this place will allow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I thought he looked a little lost out there, but I didn't expect othewise early on. I think he'll be up to speed about 1/2 way into the season. Same thing for Haynesworth if we can keep him healthy. Once they are more familiar w/ BBs schemes, they'll still be thinking instead of reacting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

hopefully he is at the point in his career that he just wants a ring. its probably tough for him to taper down his celebrations and talking. he will improve and learn the system with each week. its got to be like night and day coming from the bengals for all of those years to playing for the patriots. he has had to make drastic changes overnight.

he will get it and hopefully have one of his best seasons, playing with brady will help any wr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The guy can play, but Brady needs to learn how not to leave him exposed. Two throws were on Brady that could've been injuries. The one where Brady LED him into a LB and Safety were he got clocked and the other was a high ball that made him extend and left his ribs WIDE open for a crunching hit. 

They need to work it out, luckily, they have time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

but Brady needs to learn how not to leave him exposed. Two throws were on Brady that could've been injuries. The one where Brady LED him into a LB and Safety were he got clocked and the other was a high ball that made him extend and left his ribs WIDE open for a crunching hit. 

Thats what I saw as well.  +1

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I think Tom was just trying to get him involved.  Toms at his best when he just finds the  open man, and for whatever reason he felt the need to squeeze that one in to ocho and got him laid out.

Hopefully its not going to turn into what it did with Randy.. Tom feels the need to get his superstar a certain amount of balls and ends up costing us games over it.  I dont think it will turn into that, but you never know.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Im going to make a bold prediction here and say that Ocho will be one of the top leaders on the team.  Actually I think him and Carter will be huge locker room guys this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Please comment on these statements

Ocho has a rep for his willingnes to go over the middle

Ocho has very good hands and does not drop passes (like TO)

Ocho is a discplined route runner

Ocho is an average WR blocker

Ocho is a team guy ( look what he said about having TO
           and no negative comment about TO  that i Know of)

Ocho doens't have any off field issues - just a free spirit

Ocho loves being here and wants a Ring

Ocho will fit in just fine.

I hope he stays and no doubt he will

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

BB will always do whats best for the team-if Ocho fits the mold of a Pats reciever he'll be on the team-yet if not BB will not hesitate to release him,(see Seymour,Branch, and others). You got what you wanted Mr. Cinco-off the Bungles and with the Pats-now shut up and play Patriots football-you don't have to always be the center of attention-it gets annoying after a while. I'm sure most of us have one in our families.