On Paper: Dolphins better than Patriots.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: On Paper: Dolphins better than Patriots.

I see the new troll in town caught 26 people in his net......nice job!! LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont see the Phins making that leap. I do like Hartline a lot. I also think Keller is a nice pick up...I do see Tannyhill with Philbin improving. I am not a fan of the Oline, nor the RB's. I also am not a fan of Wallace, and dont see that much of an impact from him if the Oline doesnt give Tannyhill the time. Good front 7 on D...poor back 4 on D...not a lot of depth yet on the team either.

I see 7 to 9 wins for this team...but improving.

I do think the Bills have a chance to be better than the Phins...

I think the Jets bring up the rear....

Jets 6 wins

Phins 7-8 wins

Bills 7-8 wins

Pats 9-11 wins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont see the Phins making that leap. I do like Hartline a lot. I also think Keller is a nice pick up...I do see Tannyhill with Philbin improving. I am not a fan of the Oline, nor the RB's. I also am not a fan of Wallace, and dont see that much of an impact from him if the Oline doesnt give Tannyhill the time. Good front 7 on D...poor back 4 on D...not a lot of depth yet on the team either.

I see 7 to 9 wins for this team...but improving.

I do think the Bills have a chance to be better than the Phins...

I think the Jets bring up the rear....

Jets 6 wins

Phins 7-8 wins

Bills 7-8 wins

Pats 9-11 wins

LOL

You say "Pats 9 wins" as a minimum every year and every year you look like a troll.  You think NE will win 9 games only (possibly)??

How insane are you? The better question is, why do you sound normal throughout most of a post and then ruin it at the end with a troll tactic?

Umm, this Pats team is loaded and has continuity.  The only question mark is the WR position. They'll figure it out.  If we didn't have a good QB, O Line or RBs, I'd be more concerned. 

not true. last year I said 11-13 wins (they won 12) with what was an easy schedule with 6 automatic wins in the AFC East alone

this year, tougher schedule, many new faces....I dont have a problem with 11 wins...but Falcons, Saints, Steelers, Broncos, Texans, Ravens, Bengals might mean 5-2 or 4-3...I also think they are 5-1 or 4-2 in the AFC East this year.

tough schedule this year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

There aren't "many new faces" at all except at WR. That's it. Most continuity on a BB since 2007.

I am assuming that Kelly, Armstead, Bequette, Collins, RasI, AWilson, Ryan and Harmon see snaps this year on defense, where as last year, none of them saw any. I will also assume that Dobson, Bryce, Amendola, Jenkins/Jones, Washington see snaps on offense this year, whereas last year none of them saw any. Thats 14 new players seeing snaps this year

O Line is the same and even more seasoned.

Donald Thomas played almost 50% of the snaps last year. If injury occurs, is Cannon ready to play to that level? Hopefully he is

TEs are similar, but Ballard is in for Hernandez, essentially. He's had a year to learn this system.

You are assuming a healthy Gronk and Ballard...I hope your assumption is correct. Ballard is in no way, shape or form a Hern replacement. Ballard is slow, cannot run after the catch, and so far has been a 1 year bit player. Hern was a borderline pro bowler, a monster match up and one of TB's go to rcvr

RBs are young and experienced.

All the new adds like Adrian Wison, Tommy Kelly or Leon Washington will fit right in and you know, HELP our team? Hello?

Maybe we can get a sack on 3rd down from the middle of the line with Tommy Kelly? Maybe Adrian Wilson is another Polamalu (he's actually better) and BB finally has a ROdney again? Hello?

Do you even know who these people are? Go look at Tommy kelly's stats when he had a good Seymour next to him. 7.5 sacks. Wifork is not as good as Seymour? Lol.

And finally, Leon Washington taking kicks back basically means every drive of ours won't be at the 20 every single time.

We have tough schedule EVERY YEAR. Everyone does. It's the cap era parity deluxe NFL. We can go toe to toe with any of those teams you list. Saints are at home and their D still blows. Steelers is a win. Old and done. Baltimore is more like the 9-11 win team than we are. You want "new faces" Mr Hypcrite, look no further. They have like 2 starters returning on D.

Bengals are an up and coming club, but is Dalton really superior to that of Brady? Is that team really more balanced than ours? No, it's not. And, we know how the Texans match up. Not well. Maybe Ed Reed changes things, but I doubt it.

Club goes no worse than 11-5. I have them at 12-4, but 9 wins? Please stop the trolling.

You have them at 12 wins..I have them at 11 wins...with 9 wins being the worst case scenario, that is why I gave a range of 9-11

Jets with 8 wins, NE with 9. That's troll city, RKrap.

Can you read? I posted Jets 6 wins

This is you calling me troll...you who has been banned well over 20 times, messages deleted well over 200 times, comments on the Jets daily, and bad mouths Brady hourly....who is the troll?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

1. I said Ballard is another TE here where Hernandez is not. Are they not both TEs? Yes, they are. Of course I am not comparing their skill sets. Get that FINESSE Welker garbage out of your head, by the way. We don't have to run an offense like we have been. First, it sucks in the postseason and second, Brady needs to throw LESS.

you said quote "TEs are similar, but Ballard is in for Hernandez, essentially"

2. Amendola and Edelman are your Z and X WR starters if the season started today. Brady has developed a very strong rapport with Amendola right now, as predicted.

If the season started today, Edelman is on PUP...how do you know they developed a strong rapport? Do they or do they not have 14 new players that will be taking snaps this year that did not last year. Dont dance or deflect, do they or dont they?

3. YOU are the one doing the assuming, RKrap. YOU. I go by facts. All reports have said Gronk is expected to be ready by Sept. That's VERY likely a conservative estimate because otherwise they wouldn't say anything about it at this time.

Even still NE has 2 serviceable TEs in Hooman and Fells if need be. Sudfeld has also been getting rave reviews so far in camp.

If any QB can handle "new names", it's TOM BRADY. So, enough with this media driven handwringing and drama. ESPN does it, you work for ESPN, they tell you to come here and say the same crap.

The same media that reported that Gronk will be back in Sept and reported Sudfield looked good, also reported Brady will open the season in the shot gun...

YOU're the troll and have been called out on it repeatedly here. The Debbie Downer and anti-BB routine is your agenda. The board knows it. I had to slap you on two bets to prove it and I'll do it again if need be.

You call me out...no one else. Yet that is simple deflection of your trolling ways, that EVERYONE has called you out on, reported you on top the tune of 20 banishments and the mods have picked up on for over 200 deletions. I am called out by only one, you, and have never been banished or deleted

No way NE only wins 9 games, you troll. Christ, we could load up with the run and have Mallett out there and win 9.

Also, the Jets will not win 6 games. They have the worst QB in the NFL, crappy WRs and TEs, 2 new faces at RBS and busts on the bubble at RB in Powell and McKnight. Funny how you doom and gloom our situation with every single player who isn't a HOFer and then you try to use your premise but ONLY towards our team.

I did not gloom and doom the Arrington signing, Kelly signing, Vollmer signing or Washington signing. The one potential HOF'er I did mention negatively was AWilson due to age and last years performance. I did doom and gloom last years free agent crop, and was proven correct!

All this, and you still thought the Jets could compete for the quality FAs who were available. Remember that?

No, I said the Jets would easily get under the cap, which they did, cutting spare parts and over the hill players.

Holmes is injured and won't be the same ever again, Stephen Hill is a ball dropping machine and Kerley can be taken out much easier as Sanchez's security blanket. 5 wins, max for the Jetsies.

They'll be swept by the Pats and Phins, and possibly Buffalo. That's at least 5 losses right there and they play the same teams we do in the NFC that you deem so daunting for us, Mr. Phony.

Ohhhh, the Bengals, Texans, Saints, Falcons, Buccaneers, etc....Do you really think Sanchez and that Jet offense can compete with those teams' QBs or offenses?

Why did you lie and say I said 8 wins?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There aren't "many new faces" at all except at WR.  That's it. Most continuity on a BB since 2007.

(snip)

All the new adds like Adrian Wison, Tommy Kelly or Leon Washington will fit right in and you know, HELP our team? Hello? You've already admitted to not even knowing who Adrian Wilson is, so prepare for major embarrassment here.

I don't believe Wilson, Kelly or Washington are going to be lining up at the wideout position, so how are the new faces at WR only?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

There aren't "many new faces" at all except at WR.  That's it. Most continuity on a BB since 2007.

(snip)

All the new adds like Adrian Wison, Tommy Kelly or Leon Washington will fit right in and you know, HELP our team? Hello? You've already admitted to not even knowing who Adrian Wilson is, so prepare for major embarrassment here.

I don't believe Wilson, Kelly or Washington are going to be lining up at the wideout position, so how are the new faces at WR only?

this is Rusty dancing and deflecting to the tune of Rusty Bludgeoned Again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to MordecaiBloodmoon's comment:

anonymis,
    yet I dont think it will occur this year either.

me niether. I was just giving the Paper Dolphins hope.....lol Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It's hard for me to see how Dolphins are better even on paper. On head to head play I would not be surprised if they split. I would be very surprised if MIA sweeps NWE. I would not be surprised if NWE sweeps MIA. 

Bottomline, Pats have...

1) A far better QB when he is focused

2) A far better coaching staff

D's matchup against MIA's offense hinges on Kelly's performance. I believe that the missing link on that D was consistent interior pressure throughout the 60 minutes. If he is as Rusty suggests, I think the D will be top 7 in score allowed. The LB could use a bit more speed, but I think Collins and Beauharnais will be the answer.

O's matchup against MIA D: I am not at all worried about the receivers. Success will hinge on the O-lines performance, not just at protecting TB on passing plays but also on opening up lanes for the running game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

BB & TB is all that needs to be said, end of story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to natesubs' comment:

I have commented on your comments in red... 

now lets break it down position vs position

Fins O line VS pats D line:  the fins have no reliable LT to match up against chandler jones or nink advantage Pats

Jones needs to prove the start of last season was not a fluke. 5 sacks in his first 6 games, 1 in his last 8. Ninkovich on the other hand has proved himself,  Kelly has as well, and wilfork......  You cannot deny the fact that he is a threat that must be accounted for.  Hightower/mayo/spikes also provides a pass rushing threat (8 sacks last year)

Pats O line vs fins D line: vollmer and soldier are 2 of the best tackles in the league.  the fins have no interior rush and wake can be handled be solder or vollmer and if necessary a blocking TE. without an interior rush brady can simply step up in the pocket and dump it to the TE's or slot WR.

advantage Pats

Vollmer and Solder are both good tackles. Vollmer is a slightly above average right tackle when healthy (that is why no other teams went after him as a FA). Solder could be one of the nest LTs in the NFL, but he is not quite there yet. He still needs to improve his pass blocking (29 QB hurries allowed last season).

fins QB vs. pats DB's:with no LT to protect him tannenhill will have a hard time connecting with newly acquired WR wallace

advantage Pats

Ignoring Wallace, Brian Hartline had nearly as many yards last year as Amedola and Michael Jenkins combined (the two highest totals of any Patriots WRs).  Hartline and Wallace average 15 and 17 yards per reception over their careers. The deep ball has been the Patriots weaknesses since around the time Rodney Harrison retired. Yes but the pats got rodney harrison 2.0 in adrian wilson. Plus the pats pass defense dramatically improved with the addition of Talib. I do believe that this problem will be fixed.

Pats QB vs. fins DBs: Tom brady enough said.  the fins have grimes if healthy and after that no one really worries brady.  the pats WR is all over 6' tall besides amendola. we cannot say that about the fins DB's

advantage Pats

Check your facts. Boyce and Edelman (who will both likely make the roster) are both under six feet. Not to mention of the 11 WRs on this team going into camp only Edelman caught a pass from Brady last season (the only other one to have ever caught a pass from Brady in an in NFL game is Slater). my bad i missed 2 wr's.  harrision 6'3", Jenkins 6'4", dobson 6'3", jones 6', moe 6', slater 6' hawkins 6', aiken 6'2".  the only WR's that are below 6' are endelman, amendola and boyce.  so as you can see the pats are significantly taller at WR and have much more talent as opposed to last season at this position.  Every offensive position the pats have completely overhauled has excelled.  (TE, RB, OT...)  I have faith with the talent in these newcomers we will be fine.  If TFB can make gaffney and caldwell advance to the AFC championship I am sure he can manage with these newcomers.  

Fins TE's vs. pats LB:  besides keller the fins don't really have any threat at TE.  the pats drafted collins specifically to deal with the TE's.  plus with wilson at SS i have faith the pats have sufficent muscle to make him think twice about catching the ball. 

advantage Pats

With Gronk out, Keller is better than any TE the Patriots have on their roster. you are assuming gronk will be out.  According to his rehab schedule he will be ready for the 1st game of the season.   i believe that sudfeld will be excellent and vereen will be used as a RB/WR to make up for the loss of Hernandez. plus even if gronk is on the PUP we do not play miami till week 8 therefore he will be back by then. 

pats RB vs fins DT/LB: the pats ran the ball down the fins throats last year and the fins didn't improve their DT position.  plus with the addition of Blount the pats got a power back, ridley is significantly bigger since last season and vereen got more involved since the pats last played the fish

advantage Pats

Blount's number have gone down each year in the NFL and I do not see him taking Bolden's place. I am just to take this opportunity to point out the "Vereen" (see "Soldier" above) is the second Patriots player whose name you misspelled. the fact that you are correcting spelling means that you have a very weak arguement and cannot support your own points and must revert to bashing me. He still topped 1000 yards which is not easy to do, we will see if he makes the squad but you cannot deny he has a great deal of potential and could make an excellent short yardage/power back. 

Fins DT/LB vs. pats RB's:who is going to stop ridley especially with the great blocking TE's the pats have.  we ran all over you last season i don't see that changing. especially since ridley is noticeably bigger with the additon of a powerback in blount.

advantage Pats

Um this is same thing you just wrote above. Also, if the "blocking TEs" are in the game, who will Brady be throwing to? And, how did the Patriots "run all over" the Dolphins when the average yards per carry versus them last year (3.9) was actually below their season average (4.2). the pats were 7th in rushing last season, and had 2 touchdowns on the ground on their 2nd meeting and another in the first meeting.  in their first meeting the pats ran for 108 yards int he second meeting the fins gave up 167 yards rushing to the pats.  as i said ran all over the fins (4.4 YPA). 

Actually, think the Patriots are still far ahead of the Dolphins for two reasons. Brady is better than Tannehill and Belichick is better than Philbin. The NFL is a quarterback and coach dominated league.

I just hate it when people's arguments on these boards are so far removed from reality.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to natesubs' comment:

I have commented on your comments in red... 

now lets break it down position vs position

Fins O line VS pats D line:  the fins have no reliable LT to match up against chandler jones or nink advantage Pats

Jones needs to prove the start of last season was not a fluke. 5 sacks in his first 6 games, 1 in his last 8. Ninkovich on the other hand has proved himself,  Kelly has as well, and wilfork......  You cannot deny the fact that he is a threat that must be accounted for.  Hightower/mayo/spikes also provides a pass rushing threat (8 sacks last year)

Pats O line vs fins D line: vollmer and soldier are 2 of the best tackles in the league.  the fins have no interior rush and wake can be handled be solder or vollmer and if necessary a blocking TE. without an interior rush brady can simply step up in the pocket and dump it to the TE's or slot WR.

advantage Pats

Vollmer and Solder are both good tackles. Vollmer is a slightly above average right tackle when healthy (that is why no other teams went after him as a FA). Solder could be one of the nest LTs in the NFL, but he is not quite there yet. He still needs to improve his pass blocking (29 QB hurries allowed last season).

fins QB vs. pats DB's:with no LT to protect him tannenhill will have a hard time connecting with newly acquired WR wallace

advantage Pats

Ignoring Wallace, Brian Hartline had nearly as many yards last year as Amedola and Michael Jenkins combined (the two highest totals of any Patriots WRs).  Hartline and Wallace average 15 and 17 yards per reception over their careers. The deep ball has been the Patriots weaknesses since around the time Rodney Harrison retired. Yes but the pats got rodney harrison 2.0 in adrian wilson. Plus the pats pass defense dramatically improved with the addition of Talib. I do believe that this problem will be fixed.

Pats QB vs. fins DBs: Tom brady enough said.  the fins have grimes if healthy and after that no one really worries brady.  the pats WR is all over 6' tall besides amendola. we cannot say that about the fins DB's

advantage Pats

Check your facts. Boyce and Edelman (who will both likely make the roster) are both under six feet. Not to mention of the 11 WRs on this team going into camp only Edelman caught a pass from Brady last season (the only other one to have ever caught a pass from Brady in an in NFL game is Slater). my bad i missed 2 wr's.  harrision 6'3", Jenkins 6'4", dobson 6'3", jones 6', moe 6', slater 6' hawkins 6', aiken 6'2".  the only WR's that are below 6' are endelman, amendola and boyce.  so as you can see the pats are significantly taller at WR and have much more talent as opposed to last season at this position.  Every offensive position the pats have completely overhauled has excelled.  (TE, RB, OT...)  I have faith with the talent in these newcomers we will be fine.  If TFB can make gaffney and caldwell advance to the AFC championship I am sure he can manage with these newcomers.  

Fins TE's vs. pats LB:  besides keller the fins don't really have any threat at TE.  the pats drafted collins specifically to deal with the TE's.  plus with wilson at SS i have faith the pats have sufficent muscle to make him think twice about catching the ball. 

advantage Pats

With Gronk out, Keller is better than any TE the Patriots have on their roster. you are assuming gronk will be out.  According to his rehab schedule he will be ready for the 1st game of the season.   i believe that sudfeld will be excellent and vereen will be used as a RB/WR to make up for the loss of Hernandez. plus even if gronk is on the PUP we do not play miami till week 8 therefore he will be back by then. 

pats RB vs fins DT/LB: the pats ran the ball down the fins throats last year and the fins didn't improve their DT position.  plus with the addition of Blount the pats got a power back, ridley is significantly bigger since last season and vereen got more involved since the pats last played the fish

advantage Pats

Blount's number have gone down each year in the NFL and I do not see him taking Bolden's place. I am just to take this opportunity to point out the "Vereen" (see "Soldier" above) is the second Patriots player whose name you misspelled. the fact that you are correcting spelling means that you have a very weak arguement and cannot support your own points and must revert to bashing me. He still topped 1000 yards which is not easy to do, we will see if he makes the squad but you cannot deny he has a great deal of potential and could make an excellent short yardage/power back. 

Fins DT/LB vs. pats RB's:who is going to stop ridley especially with the great blocking TE's the pats have.  we ran all over you last season i don't see that changing. especially since ridley is noticeably bigger with the additon of a powerback in blount.

advantage Pats

Um this is same thing you just wrote above. Also, if the "blocking TEs" are in the game, who will Brady be throwing to? And, how did the Patriots "run all over" the Dolphins when the average yards per carry versus them last year (3.9) was actually below their season average (4.2). the pats were 7th in rushing last season, and had 2 touchdowns on the ground on their 2nd meeting and another in the first meeting.  in their first meeting the pats ran for 108 yards int he second meeting the fins gave up 167 yards rushing to the pats.  as i said ran all over the fins (4.4 YPA). 

Actually, think the Patriots are still far ahead of the Dolphins for two reasons. Brady is better than Tannehill and Belichick is better than Philbin. The NFL is a quarterback and coach dominated league.

I just hate it when people's arguments on these boards are so far removed from reality.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

Perhaps, but let's give them an 'A' for effort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Disclaimer: I am a Phins fan.

It's obviously way to early to proclaim the Dolphins as division winners over the pats but i definitely think they have the better team on paper.

QB:

Everything the Dolphins have done this offseason rides on the environment they provide Tannehill as well as the Tanimal himself. Consider his lack of weapons last season and then look at his numbers. 3,294 Yards on a 58.3% completion rate. Pretty solid. The 12-13 TD/INT ratio is the only blemish but the TDs will rise with more weapons. Which Joe Philbin got for him. In my biased opinion i believe Tanne is poised for a breakout year **fantasy alert**. It would be a disservice if i didn't mention Matt Moore. He is certainly a capable backup that could easily be starting elsewhere and also knows the system.

The Patriots have been top dog for a long time and there's a reason for that. Well.. Two actually. Anything can happen with Uncle Bill and Brady at the helm. The Pats actually remind me of the yankees. No matter what happens to them they always rebound. TB is the 2nd best QB in the league and one of the greatest ever. The patriots dont need to hope their QB will play well like the phins management and fans need to. They obviously have the edge in this category.

Running game:

Lamarr Miller is the Dolphins primary back right now. He seems like a Reggie Bush, Ray Rice type RB which certainly helps him fit into the offense. but he's a total crapshoot.... another back on the roster could very well become the starting RB. Thomas or Gray maybe??

I've always liked LeGarrette Blount and Ridley was pretty effective last season. He ran the ball right down the Phins throat last season and that's saying something. there's a lot to respect about the Pats running game in my eyes which is probably going to be relied on more heavily due to the lack of offensive weapons Brady has.

Receiving Corps:

Wallace is the elite deepthreat the Phins have been searching for. Even if his numbers aren't as good as they were in Pitt he still helps our offense by taking the top off of the defense allowing the rest of the receiving corps to do their thing under less pressure. Hartline was the best wideout we had last season and he had a quietly great season. 74 receptions for 1,083 yards and 1TD while getting double covered all season isn't too shabby... Gibson/Binns seems to be the Phins 3/4 which could make solid slot options. Dustin Keller was the only Jet i've ever liked and i'm not just saying that because he is now a Dolphin Wink but seriously, great pickup and he fits perfectly into the spread offense Philbin seems to be setting up. Could really turn out to be a high octane, explosive offense.

As i look at the Patriots WRs via ESPN i don't see anything of note once you get past Amendola. Speaking of Amendola, not a bad option but the biggest thing for him seems to be health. If he can stay healthy he will probably but up good numbers with Brady throwing him the ball but 1 man isn't enough nowadays (even if your name is Brandon Marshall). Now, i don't expect New England to stand pat *bum-bum-CRASH* in this department. Uncle Bill will probably make a deal for SOMEONE noteworthy to help out the receiving corps (wouldn't it be nice to have a Brian Hartline on your team?? Tongue Out). Gronk is obviously an elite TE but he seems to be out of the picture for the first few weeks of the season and even upon his return how effective will he be?? with so many offseason surgeries and the downtime and comes with them how much did he train? The Pats would be dumb not to move Tebow to TE. i've always maintained that tebow would make a killer TE. The loss of Welker and Hernandez is a huge blow to the Pats offense and it is going to be extremely hard to replicate their numbers which were among the tops in the league in 2012.

Defense:

Joe Philbin seems to be transforming the Dolphins D into an athletic and versatile one. This is a passing league and you need to be able to defend it. The D seems like it will be able to do that in 2013. The pass rushing in 2013 is going to be insane. Ellerbe and Wheeler were better pass rushers in 2012 than Dansby and Burnett. Add in Cam Wake <------MONSTER, 3rd pick overall Dion Jordan, Odrick and the pass rush could be HELLACIOUS. They also retooled their secondary. Safties weren't a problem for us last season as Jones/Clemons racked up 192 tackles and 6 INTs and are only going to get better going forward. The real improvement comes in the for of Corner help. The phins got the best CB on the market in Brent Grimes and drafted 2 CBs that have potential. Also, addition by subtraction by letting sean smith walk (or more like shoved out the door).

The Pats D looks relitavely intact from last season. That isn't necessarily a good thing. while they have some playmakers the rest of the supporting cast is lackluster and there isn't very much depth. Im a big Chandler Jones fan because he went to college in my backyard and he's a heck of a football player. Wilfork and Mayo are very solid that goes without saying and Adrian Wilson was a good pickup. i like him a lot too. but past that the D looks sub-par. Especially the corners. Talib is OK, i wouldn't call him good though.

Overall, i think the Phins have a better team. Yes the Patriots are returning division winners and the Phins didn't even make the playoffs but what does that have to do with anything? you don't get extra wins/losses based on last years record. no matter how you interpret the moves, the Pats current roster has taken a step back while the dolphins have taken a step forward. Either way it will make for an exciting football season. I wish your team luck on the upcoming season. If the Dolphins are going to win the division i want them to earn it.

Phins up and flame on!

I agree with this. Unless Pats pick up another receiver or tight end I think they could struggle a bit and if Miami get it right straight away they could push the Pats for the division. With Hernandez gone and Gronk coming off injury Welker gone they need more options. It is not as if they have a shut down defense they can rely on. Gronk will be double teamed and shut out by the good defenses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

MEF could you please pass the pipe pronto? You are sucking down all the good stuff. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

"TB is the 2nd best QB in the league and one of the greatest ever."

who is the first best QB?, it eludes me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

You guys are smoking great crack if you think the pats are winning 12 games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

"TB is the 2nd best QB in the league and one of the greatest ever."

who is the first best QB?, it eludes me.

Montana or Marino

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Was listening to national sports talk on the way to work this morning. One of the Dolphins yahoo fans called in with the "Do you think the Dolphins will overtake the Patriots this year"? The host came back with "No, the Dolphins stink, the Bills stink and the Jets are a pathetic joke. Until someone actually beats the Patriots for the division, don't bother me with this garbage, it ain't happening...", and hung up on the guy, then went on to say basically what has been posted here. "We hear the same thing every year, and every year the Pats kick the crap out of the division.".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Just focus on beating the Jests.  Don't try to get to the top of the mountain in one year.  Just stay out of the cellar.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

You're smoking crack thiking the Dolphins can win more than 10.

I think the Phins win 10 and the division

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I opened this thread with high hopes that there might be an engaging discussion about an actual competitive rival for the Pats within the division this year . . .

then I read "the Tanimal" in the second sentence and I just stopped.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

You're smoking crack thiking the Dolphins can win more than 10.

I think the Phins win 10 and the division

You think NE wins only 9 games with Brady and BB still here, a young and very experienced, seasoned D?

LOL!

Send me a message and we'll set up a hefty wager off the board.

Young and very experienced? Brady will have all new receivers and the lack of continuity will hurt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady will have all new receivers and the lack of continuity will hurt

Not as much as not having a Brady will hurt the rest of the division. Learn the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Not as much as not having a Brady will hurt the rest of the division. Learn the game.

will truly be a sad day when he is gone.  IMO, BB/Patriots should consider trading him soon while he still has value.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

will truly be a sad day when he is gone.  IMO, BB/Patriots should consider trading him soon while he still has value.

LOL

Can't wait for Hurlie to read what you just wrote. His panties are soiled already.

hey rust-o

bit off subject but i see now how right u were about the giants "salary cap hell" now that they have signed both nicks and cruz (to a 6 year deal)

Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts