On Sancheese

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: On Sancheese

In Response to Re: On Sancheese:
    In Response to Re: On Sancheese : Bravo!!  Well done, BabeParilli!!
    Posted by TFB12

Coming from the master, that is high praise indeed. Thanks.

It was a quickie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have had no problem making fun of certain Jets' first round draft choices from the day after (or the week before!) they were drafted:  Kyle Shrimpy-Arms Mini-Me Wilson, the Sanchize, Vernon Stone Hips Gholston and DeWayne Shrimpy Arms Robertson.  The key to all of these picks is Mike Swinging Genius Tannenbaum.  He's the engineer who brought in a bunch of misbehaving has-beens like Cromartie (misbehaving has-been) and Ladanian Tomlinson (has-been) just so the Jets could sell seat licenses to the suckers.  Now the Jets are back-loaded with these dead weights.

If it weren't for Muhammad Wilkerson, probably a good pick but I haven't followed him, these guys would be striking out every single time.

The Sanchize has been overall terrible for the Jets, and he will never get any better.  He's a backup JAG guy.  If I were in charge I'd drop the Sanchize and go out and draft someone new.  But Swinging Genius is in charge, so maybe one more year of the guy.  He never learns.

I respect Rex Ryan as a defensive strategist.  His mouth probably loses as many games as it wins.

Note: elsewhere I have a special place in my trophy case for Norv, but he doesn't figure into this.   I originally thought Tebow was going to be awful, but last year I eased off on him.  Tebow still has fundamental problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

You. Guys are missing the point Schottenheimer is the one who will get canned before Rex and Sanchise. Tananbaum will can him before he gets rid of the other two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In response to "Re: On Sancheese": Eh...depends on how the light is hitting her. Looks good in that pic, but that's what I mean. She can't make up her mind if she's a driver or sex symbol, and I think she's only won one race.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I can't dig her dimpled chin, which is not shown in this pic and demonstrates how much more attractive she would be sans dimple.  It's not feminine.  It looks manly. Add that to her perpetual scowl and I am just not attracted to her.  Give me the feminine, soft sweetie-pie every time. i.e., my wife.

And yeah, why should anybody ever take her seriously, putting herself out their as  a sex symbol instead of being a winner.  Must make Gloria Steinem sick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese : Coming from the master, that is high praise indeed. Thanks. It was a quickie.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Unforgivable.  Now I will be having nightmares every time I watch a Jets game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese : I can't dig her dimpled chin, which is not shown in this pic and demonstrates how much more attractive she would be sans dimple.  It's not feminine.  It looks manly. Add that to her perpetual scowl and I am just not attracted to her.  Give me the feminine, soft sweetie-pie every time. i.e., my wife. And yeah, why should anybody ever take her seriously, putting herself out their as  a sex symbol instead of being a winner.  Must make Gloria Steinem sick.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

She is nice to look at but seems like a super major bit¢h!  You can only take that for so long no matter how good she looks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In his third season as the Jets starter, Sanchez isn’t getting better. Against the Giants, Sanchez completed 30-of-59 passes for a paltry 258 yards (4.4 yards per attempt is brutal). Sanchez was sacked five times, including a game-clinching safety in the fourth quarter, and was intercepted twice. Sanchez easily could have been intercepted two other times as the Giants continually funneled passes into the middle of the field. That’s where Sanchez tends to miss reads on where defenders are, missing receivers and floating too many throws. To this point, Sanchez has been protected by coach Rex Ryan and owner Woody Johnson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ai2qntcX5Ibu1kteY_6VLUVDubYF?slug=jc-cole_winners_losers_lions_playoffs_scenarios112411

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Good , fun thread.

Name a QB that turned out to be top 20% that did not show glimmers of greatness in their first season.  Name a QB that totally turned their game around (positively) after 2 full seasons? Short list.

3 years is plenty to know what potential a QB has in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Another gem TFB12! Nice work and keep it up. THey are always good for a chuckle, or falling off my chair kind of laugh.

Maybe you could pair "Sancheeze the pan flute playing, chump and dale Unicorn" with Brady as Gandalf or something?...I would frame that one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree that 3 years is probably enough time to figure out if the Sancheeze has the potential to be anything more than mediocre. Yes, he did make a few nice 4th quarter comebacks, and yes, he was the QB when the Jets went to the AFCCG 2 years in a row, but the Jets outcome the last 2 seasons have been a byproduct of their defense, and not Sancheeze's outstanding play. It is more evident this year because the Jets D is not all world like it was the last 2. It exposes the weakness that is Sancheeze.

I for one really want the Jets to keep him. In fact, I hope they extend him for 20 years. I agree with others here. I think Schottenheimer will be released after this season. They will bring in another OC, retool the run game, WR and Oline and see what they have. In the end however, they will still be left with Sancheeze...."The pan flute playing, chump and dale Unicorn...."

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I dunno...  His offensive line is a disaster pass blocking and he's lucky he still standing at all.  The play calling is awful and as someone mentioned, his receiving corps scares nobody.  The team is also undisciplined at times, which goes with the Rex Ryan culture, the latest example was the play of Santonio Holmes two weeks ago, play he did not apologize to his team mates for..  In this last game they went away from ground and pound back to trying to have Sanchez win it with his arm.  I'd call that a stupid coaching decision. As far as Sanchez being elite, I'm afraid not. He is not at the same level as Brady, Brees, Rapistberger, or Rodgers, the Mannings, or even Phillip Rivers and apparently he's never going to get there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Gee, not YETS fan in sight.  How come?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese : Maybe he'll be another Rick Mirer?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

When he got to play Rick Mirer was consistent for the most part when he got to play..65-70 passer rating type guy so I agree Sanchez has a lot more similarities to Rick Mirer than TB or even _Eli_ Manning.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese : How many more years does a number one pick need? Wasn't Rick Mirer out as Seattle's starter in his fourth year?

Anybody remember the local pundits saying that the Pats should draft Mirer #1 in the 1993 Draft instead of Bledsoe because Mirer ran a more "Pro Style Offense"?   

The Pats take Bledsoe instead of Mirer and the rest is history.   LOL

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese : It wouldn't have been a good history if the statue hadn't gotten hurt.

Yep.  I suppose that's right.  But I hated to see Bledsoe get hurt that day especially by the !@#$%^ing Jets.  But I don't think anyone thought at the time that Brady would perform the way he has over the past decade.  Heck, I was surprised that they brought Brady in that day.  I thought they would bring in Huard or even Michael Bishop (I think Bishop was still with the club at the time).  People loved Bishop because he could scramble and was the opposite of the "Statue".  

Bledsoe to Coates also provided a lot of good memories but Coates was gone by the time Bledsoe got hurt in 2001.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Roach Ryan stated once that Sancheese will be quarterback as long as he is coach. That might be the one prognostication that came out of his pie hole that has a chance of coming true. They might get rid of both of them!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese : Ya know, I think you're right.
    Posted by BabeParilli
    LMAO!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Give the guy a break....it took Manning several years.
    Posted by schwank

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow come to mind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: On Sancheese :

And yeah, why should anybody ever take her seriously, putting herself out their as  a sex symbol instead of being a winner.  Must make Gloria Steinem sick.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I agree, that is why I keep a photo just like it of Tony Stewart, fair is fair!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Shancheese biggest problem is his coach, you do not take a kid right out of college and call him Sanchise, you do not then tell the world you are winning the SB and you do not take the team from ground and pound to pass.

Couple this with his OC and he has no chance. What might have been will soon be not gonna happen. The best thing for a weak defence is the Jets.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to On Sancheese:
    from nfl.com: " With his team desperately needing a victory in order to stay alive in the AFC wild-card chase, Sanchez laid an egg in a   29-14 loss   loss to the   New York Giants . The third-year pro completed 30 of 59 passes for 258 yards with one touchdown to two interceptions. He also took five sacks -- one of which resulted in a safety with the Jets trailing by six in the fourth-quarter. Sanchez's poor play, as well as his overall up-and-down performance this season, now has the Jets seriously considering whether or not they have their franchise quarterback on their roster." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82567d34/article/jets-reportedly-unsure-if-franchise-qb-is-on-their-roster?module=HP11_headline_stack   Gotta love it...

Frankly, Sanchez is getting a raw deal. Certainly, he's no Tom Brady. But, what  weapons does he have to work with? He's got Santonio "Headcase" Holmes as his top receiver. After that, he has a 34 year old relic, Plaxico Burress, who, prior to this season, hadn't played ball for two years. His slot receiver is a rookie named Jeremy Curley, who will never be confused with Wes Welker. He's got nothing at TE. His OL is not what it used to be. There are gaping holes at RT, and at the guard spots. His RB corp stinks. The Patriots have better runners: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_sacked_by_eagles_as_offen.html

This poor kid is being made the scapegoat for a team that has cut and pasted its way to the play-offs with veterans, in hopes of winning a championship quickly. It's time now for the Jets to pay the piper for taking this quick-fix route, rather than building through the draft.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's more on Sanchez, who is being made the scapegoat for all that's wrong with the Jets: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/mark-sanchez-addresses-mounting-criticism/

Sections
Shortcuts