1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

On The Bubble

for making the 2012 roster

Ocho Cinco
    Ron Brace
    Myron Pryor
    Sterling Moore
    Ross Ventrone

I'm already hoping Ocho doesn't make the cut.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

Re: On The Bubble

Ventrone will be off and back on the roster at least 3 times before cinco is gone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think we have seen the last of Ventrone.  I think the new Rugby player takes his spot.

I think Brace might be gone too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: On The Bubble:
    [QUOTE]Ventrone will be off and back on the roster at least 3 times before cinco is gone
    Posted by Haxker[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have donte vs. ocho.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You want to get rid of Sterling Moore? What's wrong with you? The guy is the reason we made it to the SB! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]You want to get rid of Sterling Moore? What's wrong with you? The guy is the reason we made it to the SB! 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Noone is saying that he doesn't deserve the accollades from his performance. He'll be given a shot. There's going to be a lot of competition....and it's a numbers game. Only so many can make the cut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Sterling Moore was our best DB at the last season.

It would be scandalous to get rid of him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There's going to be some tough cuts, no doubt. That's the mark of a good football team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Underwood, Barret, Branch, Brown, Brace, Pryor, Ventrone cant be activated, Williams
    Not Moore

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Arrington is really bad....really bad.  The dude got the job because others sucked more then him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Arrington is really bad....really bad.  The dude got the job because others sucked more then him.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LOL...not a good sign when "bad" players get a job by default.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenscreen. Show kenscreen's posts

In Response to On The Bubble:
    [QUOTE]for making the 2012 roster Ocho Cinco Ron Brace Myron Pryor Sterling Moore Ross Ventrone I'm already hoping Ocho doesn't make the cut.....
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

My early roster thoughts

Offense:

3. Quarterback - Tom Brady; Brian Hoyer; Ryan Mallett

3. Running Back - Stevan Ridley; Danny Woodhead; Shane Vereen

1 Fullback - Spencer Larson

6. Wide Receiver – Wes Welker; Brandon Lloyd; Donte,Stallworth; Deon Branch;                        Anthony Gonzalez; Ocho Cinco

3. Tight End: Rob Gronkowski; Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells

3. Offensive Tackle: Nate Solder; Sebastian Vollmer; Marcus Cannon

4. Offensive Guard: Logan Mankins; Brian Waters; Ryan Wendell; Robert Gallary

2. Offensive Center: Dan Connolly; Dan Koppen

Defense:

4. Defensive End - Brandon Deaderick; Jonathan Fanene; Chandler Jones,                  Jake  Bequette

4. Defensive Tackle - Vince Wilfork; Kyle Love*; Myron Pryor; Gerard Warren

4. Outside Linebacker - Rob Ninkovich; Markell Carter; Trevor Scott, Andre Carter

4. Inside Linebacker - Jerod Mayo; Brandon Spikes; Dane Fletcher; Dont'a Hightower

5. Cornerback - Devin McCourty; Ras-I Dowling; Kyle Arrington; Sterling Moore;                      Alfonzo Dennard

4. Safety - Pat Chung; Steve Gregory; Matthew Slater, Tavon Wilson    

3. Special Teams:

K: Stephen Gostkowski

P: Zoltan Mesko

LS: Danny Aiken

25 players on offense + 28 players on defense and special teams = 53 players. 

Julian Elderman and Tracy White are my two tough cuts.

KG

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Given the players that have been added, even though I think he will sort it out, if this guy falls on his face, he's probably gone early:

Jermaine Cunningham.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpshotking13. Show jumpshotking13's posts

edleman will make the roster over gonzalez... edleman is too valuable on special teams. other than that though, it looks spot on

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to On The Bubble :   My early roster thoughts Offense: 3. Quarterback - Tom Brady ; Brian Hoyer ; Ryan Mallett 3. Running Back - Stevan Ridley ; Danny Woodhead ; Shane Vereen 1 Fullback - Spencer Larson 6. Wide Receiver – Wes Welker ; Brandon Lloyd ; Donte , Stallworth; Deon Branch;                         Anthony Gonzalez ; Ocho Cinco 3. Tight End: Rob Gronkowski ; Aaron Hernandez , Daniel Fells 3. Offensive Tackle: Nate Solder ; Sebastian Vollmer ; Marcus Cannon 4. Offensive Guard : Logan Mankins ; Brian Waters ; Ryan Wendell ; Robert Gallary 2. Offensive Center: Dan Connolly ; Dan Koppen Defense: 4. Defensive End - Brandon Deaderick ; Jonathan Fanene ; Chandler Jones ,                  Jake  Bequette 4. Defensive Tackle - Vince Wilfork ; Kyle Love *; Myron Pryor ; Gerard Warren 4. Outside Linebacker - Rob Ninkovich ; Markell Carter ; Trevor Scott, Andre Carter 4. Inside Linebacker - Jerod Mayo ; Brandon Spikes ; Dane Fletcher ; Dont'a Hightower 5. Cornerback - Devin McCourty ; Ras-I Dowling ; Kyle Arrington ; Sterling Moore ;                       Alfonzo Dennard 4. Safety - Pat Chung ; Steve Gregory ; Matthew Slater , Tavon Wilson      3. Special Teams: K: Stephen Gostkowski P: Zoltan Mesko LS: Danny Aiken 25 players on offense + 28 players on defense and special teams = 53 players.    Julian Elderman and Tracy White are my two tough cuts.   KG  
    Posted by kenscreen[/QUOTE]

i'd rather see edelman stay vs. Branch....and we still need white on special teams

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Slater, safety?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Slater, safety?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    don't forget he's a ST standout...always around the ball

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]Given the players that have been added, even though I think he will sort it out, if this guy falls on his face, he's probably gone early: Jermaine Cunningham.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I see this happening as well.  Can't wait to hear about all the 2nd rd busts BB has selected!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenscreen. Show kenscreen's posts

[QUOTE]Slater, safety?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Had to put him at Safety or WR but he is on the roster, he is our ST ace.

KG

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenscreen. Show kenscreen's posts

[QUOTE]edleman will make the roster over gonzalez... edleman is too valuable on special teams. other than that though, it looks spot on
    Posted by jumpshotking13[/QUOTE]

I can see that! Its going to be a battle to the very end for a lot of players.

CAN'T WAIT!  lol

KG

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to On The Bubble :   My early roster thoughts Offense: 3. Quarterback - Tom Brady ; Brian Hoyer ; Ryan Mallett 3. Running Back - Stevan Ridley ; Danny Woodhead ; Shane Vereen 1 Fullback - Spencer Larson 6. Wide Receiver – Wes Welker ; Brandon Lloyd ; Donte , Stallworth; Deon Branch;                         Anthony Gonzalez ; Ocho Cinco 3. Tight End: Rob Gronkowski ; Aaron Hernandez , Daniel Fells 3. Offensive Tackle: Nate Solder ; Sebastian Vollmer ; Marcus Cannon 4. Offensive Guard : Logan Mankins ; Brian Waters ; Ryan Wendell ; Robert Gallary 2. Offensive Center: Dan Connolly ; Dan Koppen Defense: 4. Defensive End - Brandon Deaderick ; Jonathan Fanene ; Chandler Jones ,                  Jake  Bequette 4. Defensive Tackle - Vince Wilfork ; Kyle Love *; Myron Pryor ; Gerard Warren 4. Outside Linebacker - Rob Ninkovich ; Markell Carter ; Trevor Scott, Andre Carter 4. Inside Linebacker - Jerod Mayo ; Brandon Spikes ; Dane Fletcher ; Dont'a Hightower 5. Cornerback - Devin McCourty ; Ras-I Dowling ; Kyle Arrington ; Sterling Moore ;                       Alfonzo Dennard 4. Safety - Pat Chung ; Steve Gregory ; Matthew Slater , Tavon Wilson      3. Special Teams: K: Stephen Gostkowski P: Zoltan Mesko LS: Danny Aiken 25 players on offense + 28 players on defense and special teams = 53 players.    Julian Elderman and Tracy White are my two tough cuts.   KG  

Why do you have Wes Welker on your roster?  According to most here Wes is going to be traded.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I hope Ebert can stick somewhere... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

One disagreement:   Edelman over Gonzalez;  Edelman is an excellent punt returner and can play DB if needed (I hope not).  Gonzalez can't seem to stay on the field due to injuries.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Offense:

3. Quarterback - Tom BradyBrian Hoyer; Ryan Mallett

3. Running Back - Stevan RidleyDanny Woodhead; Shane Vereen; Tim Hightower

1 Fullback - Spencer Larson

6. Wide Receiver – Wes Welker; Brandon Lloyd; Deion Branch; Julian Edelman; Jeremy Ebert, Matthew Slater                   

3. Tight End: Rob Gronkowski; Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells

3. Offensive Tackle: Nate Solder; Sebastian Vollmer; Marcus Cannon

3. Offensive Guard: Logan Mankins; Brian Waters; Robert Gallery

2. Offensive Center: Dan Connolly; Dan Koppen

Defense:

4. Defensive End - Brandon Deaderick; Jonathan Fanene; Chandler Jones,  Jake  Bequette

5. Defensive Tackle - Vince Wilfork; Kyle Love; Myron Pryor; Gerard Warren; 

Marcus Forston

3. Outside Linebacker - Rob NinkovichTrevor Scott; Andre Carter

4. Inside Linebacker - Jerod Mayo; Brandon Spikes; Dane Fletcher; Dont'a Hightower

5. Cornerback - Devin McCourty; Ras-I Dowling; Kyle Arrington; Sterling Moore;

Alfonzo Dennard

4. Safety - Pat Chung; Steve Gregory; Mike Ebner; Tavon Wilson    

3. Special Teams:

K: Stephen Gostkowski

P: Zoltan Mesko

LS: Danny Aiken

Free Agent signings in blue

Rookies in Red

Projected Signings in Purple

I'm going to go with Marcus Forston as the annual UDFA to make the roster, cutting Markell Carter instead.  I'll take the cheap rookie in Jeremy Ebert and the younger Edelman over Ocho, Stallworth, and Gonzalez, with Slater being moved from Safety to WR.  At Safety, I added Mike Ebner, whose Special Teams ability reduces the need for Tracy White.  

Starting Defense

DE: Bequette, Jones, DT: Deaderick, Wilfork OLB: Hightower, Mayo ILB: Spikes CB: McCourty, Arrington FS: Gregory SS: Chung

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

titletown, that's an excellent team.

Forston could be a force if healthy and motivated.

Let's hope Andre Carter is healthy enough to start the season (and signed, of course).

I would be tempted to add another OT in place of Hightower (RB).

Place Markus Zusevics on PUP.

Ebner will have a tough time making the roster, as he's extremely raw as a DB, and basically plays the same role as Slater. Practice squad, most likely, I think.

In his place, I would add the best of Eddleman,Ocho, Gonzo, Stallworth.

Sections
Shortcuts