Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

tebow to the dolphins in round 1???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Utter nonsense.  LT has been done for 2 years.  Oh, and we should be worried about Tebow?  You're kidding right?  Pats fans would be celebrating if Parcells wasted a #1 on that stiff.  And of course you forgot to mention Moss. Ever heard of him?  Dipsheet. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Actually Miami's defense is the youngest in the NFL.  That tells you how much he knows. Taylor and Porter are gone. Fergason isn't playing for 8 games if at all. He was signed for insurance. Sounds like Vinnie is completely clueless. I'm really looking forward to the posts on this board after the pats play Henne"the no quarterback" this year. Most Pats fans on this board can at least admit Henne is going to be trouble for the rest of the afc east while others are clearly too stupid/ignorant to admit to this guy's skill level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

How about we actually wait for the season to actually start before we crown the Jets/Dolphins as the AFC East Champions or (God forbid) Superbowl Champions. Sure, they made some moves, but do we really know what is going to happen this upcoming season? I have questioned Bill's moves in the past, but I'm sure he knows a lot more about building a consistently winning football team than any of us. Lets stop with all the panicking comments and wait for the season to finish before we call for BB's head on a stick. Have some faith fellow Patriot fans. I know last year was a less than spectacular season with an embarrassing first round playoff exit to go with it. Its not over until its over!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Skill players get all the press and most of the money but you win superbowls are won in the trenches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Yeah, everybody is really worried about Henne.  Not.  Apparently cocktail hour started early today. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    [QUOTE]Does it ever occur to "Morons" like Flip why a player like Marshall was available in the first place?  Let's see....who has built the only free agency era dynasty?  The Patriots.  Who has 7 high picks in the next two years?  The Patriots. Go back to playing World of Warcraft in you Mommy's basement and leave building a pro team to Belichick.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE] All I judge a player on is his productivity on the field of play thats WHAT I base  my opinion of his value...Not all of us have a  Mommy's basement to play in...AND STAY OUT OF HER UNDERWEAR DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    Actually Miami's defense is the youngest in the NFL.  That tells you how much he knows. Taylor and Porter are gone. Fergason isn't playing for 8 games if at all. He was signed for insurance. Sounds like Vinnie is completely clueless. I'm really looking forward to the posts on this board after the pats play Henne"the no quarterback" this year. Most Pats fans on this board can at least admit Henne is going to be trouble for the rest of the afc east while others are clearly too stupid/ignorant to admit to this guy's skill level.
    Posted by perfect72

Taylor and Porter are gone....no pass rush.

Youngest does not equal the best....Youngest meant least experienced....

Henne....Ooooohhhhhh, I am shaking in my boots!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How about we actually wait for the season to actually start before we crown the Jets/Dolphins as the AFC East Champions or (God forbid) Superbowl Champions. Sure, they made some moves, but do we really know what is going to happen this upcoming season? I have questioned Bill's moves in the past, but I'm sure he knows a lot more about building a consistently winning football team than any of us. Lets stop with all the panicking comments and wait for the season to finish before we call for BB's head on a stick. Have some faith fellow Patriot fans. I know last year was a less than spectacular season with an embarrassing first round playoff exit to go with it. Its not over until its over!
    Posted by Rodimus77

I like your post and attitude.  I know it's early yet but we seen some very good players that would have been great for our team get signed by other teams, teams in our division, this is very discouraging to say the least.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

I'm pretty sure BB talked with Josh, and Josh gave him the low-down on why he was being traded.

Whatever that reason was, and whatever other details were discussed, is the precise reason why Marshall isn't here.

Sure, I would have loved to have had Boldin on the squad, but at the time we didn't have the ability to do it because we were trying to lock Wilfork and others. Other players won't play for you if you don't take care of your own. We did that, and we showed the rest of the NFL that "if you come here, work hard, play hard, and do what you are asked to do, you'll get yours."

Personally, I can care less about the rest of FA. Show me the draft, show me who we got, and then show me how all of the people in mini-camp and training camp perform.

Then show me that everyone can get out of pre-season uninjured so I can see them in real games. After about week 5, I'll tell you whether we made good/bad moves. Until then, this is all fluff and it doesn't matter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Isn't Volmer our RT?  Didn't we just get Alge to help in the run game?
    Posted by m1021us

He got his start at LT...moved to RT after Light came back from injuries.  I'd like to see Vollmer and Mankins on the left side.....and a new right side with bruisers like the left side. The jury is still out as to whether Alge will help the run game or not. His history is there, but were talking this year. At what, 38? we'll see.

Plus, I'd rather see running lanes being opened up by the OL vs. a TE - because then we could use a pass-catching TE to give the offense some flexibility. Yes, we've moved from that scheme, but this goes to an offense that has become predictable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : I like your post and attitude.  I know it's early yet but we seen some very good players that would have been great for our team get signed by other teams, teams in our division, this is very discouraging to say the least.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

HOW WOULD YOU PAY FOR ANY OF THEM?????  You have not answered that question.....It is a trick question, I will let you answer it......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : He got his start at LT...moved to RT after Light came back from injuries.  I'd like to see Vollmer and Mankins on the left side.....and a new right side with bruisers like the left side. The jury is still out as to whether Alge will help the run game or not. His history is there, but were talking this year. At what, 38? we'll see. Plus, I'd rather see running lanes being opened up by the OL vs. a TE - because then we could use a pass-catching TE to give the offense some flexibility. Yes, we've moved from that scheme, but this goes to an offense that has become predictable.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

According to Jeff Fisher, Alge was a huge part of his run game.....so all of a sudden you think that he might forget how to block?
    Alge can still catch....like you said, they went away from that type of offense....most of our RB's can catch and do run routes......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : According to Jeff Fisher, Alge was a huge part of his run game.....so all of a sudden you think that he might forget how to block? Alge can still catch....like you said, they went away from that type of offense....most of our RB's can catch and do run routes......
    Posted by m1021us

Nope, I didn't say that - YOU did.

If Fisher thinks so highly of him, why didn't they just keep him?  Hmmm, guess he's on the downside of his career and is expendible....

I said...let's see how he performs this UPCOMING year...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : I like your post and attitude.  I know it's early yet but we seen some very good players that would have been great for our team get signed by other teams, teams in our division, this is very discouraging to say the least.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I know, it is very discouraging. I will not argue with you on that. I would have loved if the Pats could have picked up Peppers and Boldin. Its not going to happen, so we (us Patriots fans) might as well get used to it. The draft has yet to come, free agency is far from over, and I'm pretty sure that BB has a back up plan that will keep the Patriots organization competitive. Keep the faith people!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

rod, I have to disagree.  I am utterly thrilled we didnt get Peppers.  When the cap is back, we would have to cut half the team to get under it.  Boldin, he is a different story.  I would have liked to see him here. 
    I still think we are going to get Dwayne Bowe in a trade

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Some people are missing one clear point. Marshall was acquired because Ted Ginn s---ks. Phins have had some draft failures too and drafting Ginn 12th (or whatever) overall is one of them. And the Tuna grabbed Marshall in a year when the WR draftees are plentiful (eg: grab one in the 2nd round). Is Marshall the highest paid player on the Phins ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Players are not known quantities.  The 53 guys who went 10-6 last year could be much better, or much worse.  The Saints improved last year without alot of flashy moves, so did the Colts, in fact it's more common to improve through development than big free agent pick ups. 

A little hard work can overcome talent in the competitive talent pool of the NFL.  Marshall has talent, but I'm not sure what else.  The best receiver is only a couple tenths of a second or a few droped balls from mediocrity and vice versa.  At the athletic positions like LB, Safety, and CB and somewhat WR the Pats are on the good side of 30.  I expect under 30 players to improve every year, and the Pats pick guys who have good work ethic that's why they are so consistent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Taylor and Porter are gone....no pass rush. Youngest does not equal the best....Youngest meant least experienced.... Henne....Ooooohhhhhh, I am shaking in my boots!
    Posted by m1021us

Mayo has been your youngest and best linebacker.  There goes that theory.  And who said Taylor was gone? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Some people are missing one clear point. Marshall was acquired because Ted Ginn s---ks. Phins have had some draft failures too and drafting Ginn 12th (or whatever) overall is one of them. And the Tuna grabbed Marshall in a year when the WR draftees are plentiful (eg: grab one in the 2nd round). Is Marshall the highest paid player on the Phins ?
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Ginn no longer a phin - now a 49er for a 5th.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

*Heavy sigh*

Another post about how hosed up BB and his team are with respect to acquiring players.  It's incredibly easy to acquire every free agent that shows up on the market so long as you don't have a budget to worry about (yes, it's a no-cap year but you can bet that the Pats and every other team are playing it like the cap was still there) and you're prepared to outbid every other team interested in a given player.  Marshall and Holmes: I'm happy for the 'phins and Jets.  Peppers:  a lot of money for a guy who's an impact player when he wants to be.  Bolden:  I think they placed a value on him, offered him that much and when they were out bid, let it go.

The team has been extradordinarily successful since BB came aboard and looks to remain that way. 

Give it a rest out there, will you please?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

We had Wilfork last year - check We had Bodden last year - check We had Faulk last year - check We still have a bunch of depth guys we had last year - check Okay, so we still have a lot of people we had last year.  Awesome!  Glad they are all resigned, but in the meantime we passed on some big impact players that would have really helped this team this season.  Can't we multi task?  I hope I can come on here before the start of the season and praise the moves BB has made and the new players he has picked up to give our favorite team a chance to go to the top this year.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Agree 100% with this. All these players particularly those on defense were there last year in 1 of the worst Patriots denfeses of the last 10 years. They needed to get better on D and they haven't yet. Building throught the draft takes time and Brady is only going to be in his prime for so long.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blazed21. Show blazed21's posts

[QUOTE]*Heavy sigh* Another post about how hosed up BB and his team are with respect to acquiring players.  It's incredibly easy to acquire every free agent that shows up on the market so long as you don't have a budget to worry about (yes, it's a no-cap year but you can bet that the Pats and every other team are playing it like the cap was still there) and you're prepared to outbid every other team interested in a given player.  Marshall and Holmes: I'm happy for the 'phins and Jets.  Peppers:  a lot of money for a guy who's an impact player when he wants to be.  Bolden:  I think they placed a value on him, offered him that much and when they were out bid, let it go. The team has been extradordinarily successful since BB came aboard and looks to remain that way.  Give it a rest out there, will you please?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Amen to that brother!! All this athletes care about is money didn't they remember what happen to Haynesworth last year? he's supposed to be a good pick up for the 'skins but what happen? where is now? i heard the team is shopping him around. Look im not too worried about the Jets and 'Phins getting better cause i know both team will self destruct mid way through the season matter of fact all NFL teams do that so calm down so called "Pats fan" and wait until the season starts before you start blasting the Patriots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Agree 100% with this. All these players particularly those on defense were there last year in 1 of the worst Patriots denfeses of the last 10 years. They needed to get better on D and they haven't yet. Building throught the draft takes time and Brady is only going to be in his prime for so long.
    Posted by Brad34

Thank you!  My thoughts exactly and people seem not to get this on here. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Thank you!  My thoughts exactly and people seem not to get this on here. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Nice post Underdoggg. Keep up the good work!

Sections
Shortcuts