Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Len124. Show Len124's posts

Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

Can you imagine Brandon Marshall running wild with all the temptations there will be on South Beach? I see another suspension in the near future.

The Krafts and Belichick would never have this loser on the Pats.

In Bill We Trust

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    Does this Moron even know this free agent talent is availible ????  He passed on Brandon Marshall, a talent Tom Brady REALLY COULD HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF that the Patriot s direly neded .....We certainly could have afforded the two second round he commanded  !!    By far the Pats have the only General Manager qualified for the Rip Van Winkle Award of the  LEAGUE  How many miracels does he expect  this draft to produceto keep us competitive !!
    Posted by flip781

come on your putting everyone to sleep

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Thank you!  My thoughts exactly and people seem not to get this on here. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Don't get what, exactly?  Who was out there as a free agent who would have improved the team, defensively?  Peppers?  Overpriced and undermotivated.  Yes, Wilfork, Bodden and Banta-Cain were on the team and, if memory serves, each had a good year.  They were unrestricted free agents and could have signed with anyone.  The statement that they were on the team last year contains its own response:  last year is last year; their contracts expired.

I love it.  We disagree with you therefore we don't get it.  I could make the same statement in the other direction but what would be the point?  I don't see who among the available free agents would have been 1) a good fit; and 2) affordable. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    So since you guys know it all, please tell me what the plan is for the Patriots?  If BB was doing what the Jets have done so far this off season you guys would be all over this board praising BB right now.  I hate the jets, I don't want to ever lose to them but I guess I better get used to it until our rebuilding stage is completed in the next 3-4 years.  
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Step away from your fantasy paper football game and no one gets hurt! Stay away from building ledges, bridges,a nd sharp, pointy objects until they actually play games ON THE FIELD. Until thewn, you can always make paper airplanes, hats, even a bird with your "paper".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Don't get what, exactly? 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you ask that question?  You need to follow along better. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Step away from your fantasy paper football game and no one gets hurt! Stay away from building ledges, bridges,a nd sharp, pointy objects until they actually play games ON THE FIELD. Until thewn, you can always make paper airplanes, hats, even a bird with your "paper".
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you have some awesome input on this upcoming season.  Keep up your great posts.  But anytime you want to make these type of responses, go ahead type it out and instead of hitting the post button press the small x at the top right of your screen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Agree 100% with this. All these players particularly those on defense were there last year in 1 of the worst Patriots denfeses of the last 10 years. They needed to get better on D and they haven't yet. Building throught the draft takes time and Brady is only going to be in his prime for so long.
    Posted by Brad34

I understand what you and BradyMoss are saying.  The same players as last year does not make the team better, and drafted players don't usually make a big impact their rookie year.  But the thing to consider here is that players get better and worse.  Just looking at the players from last year and assuming the same results is flawed, it almost never works that way. 

Many players on the Pats were inexperienced in both the NFL and the Pats system and can be expected to improve.  Adding free agents can add talent quickly but they also will be inexperienced in the Pats system, and many free agents have reached their peak and don't improve.  That's how the Colts and Saints got better, players need to develop individually and as a team and free agents are counter productive to that process.  That's not to say they can't help but tossing them in the mix has some negatives also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Seriously, you ask that question?  You need to follow along better. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Next time you quote me, don't be selective please. But then again, that wouldn't have served your purposes, would it?  If you did indeed read the entire post and then included it in the quote you wouldn't be able to take the cheap shot then would you? 

Again, simply because we disagree doesn't mean that one of us is a feeble minded nitwit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Don't get what, exactly?  Who was out there as a free agent who would have improved the team, defensively?  Peppers?  Overpriced and undermotivated.  Yes, Wilfork, Bodden and Banta-Cain were on the team and, if memory serves, each had a good year.  They were unrestricted free agents and could have signed with anyone.  The statement that they were on the team last year contains its own response:  last year is last year; their contracts expired. I love it.  We disagree with you therefore we don't get it.  I could make the same statement in the other direction but what would be the point?  I don't see who among the available free agents would have been 1) a good fit; and 2) affordable. 
    Posted by ATJ

What I get is BMF's a little green troll trying to stir crud. He has no point. BB is building the team with the right approach, through the draft.  They've aready made great strides with several recent picks, and they no doubt will do more this draft.  The great thing about this years needs is they can more readily be incoporated into the team.  With the strong vet core, and the improving younger players this will be a good team.  Add some key picks and vet signings (which they will do mostly after the draft), they will be very good.

This is much better than the throw it against the wall technique.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : I understand what you and BradyMoss are saying.  The same players as last year does not make the team better, and drafted players don't usually make a big impact their rookie year.  But the thing to consider here is that players get better and worse.  Just looking at the players from last year and assuming the same results is flawed, it almost never works that way.  Many players on the Pats were inexperienced in both the NFL and the Pats system and can be expected to improve.  Adding free agents can add talent quickly but they also will be inexperienced in the Pats system, and many free agents have reached their peak and don't improve.  That's how the Colts and Saints got better, players need to develop individually and as a team and free agents are counter productive to that process.  That's not to say they can't help but tossing them in the mix has some negatives also.
    Posted by shenanigan

Now that is a seriously good post and you have some very valid points.  I will certainly be paying attention to your input on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Now that is a seriously good post and you have some very valid points.  I will certainly be paying attention to your input on this board.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Wow..It took 2 years to do your first 40 posts. Now you have done about 50 in 3 days since you were exposed. I wonder who else has no life and posts that much using the same language as you..Maybe Underdoggg. Absolutely pathetic doggg but keep posting, I haven't laughed this hard in years and I can't believe it means this much to you.Between the 2 of you(1 of you) this place is yours..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey Nuthuggerbear, you have 53 posts from 4/11 to 4/17.  Your first post was on 4/11 yet you say you have been on here for 5 years.  What is you other screen name? 

LOL @ you still thinking we are the same person.