Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from djrpats. Show djrpats's posts

Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney

Another dud day for Maroney.. How much longer are the Pats going to keep watching the same broken record????  It finally caught up with them today.  Maroney is all wind and no rain... He needs to go... 

If nothing else... GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!  or take the wig off...    That dope has no business wearing a flashy style... He is a dud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Re: Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney

Who is Maroney?  All I saw was shotgun empty backfield all game. 

The Pats are still using their 2007 playbook.  They need to pick a RB and actually hand off the ball once in a while.  Their running game was actually good today, until they bizarrely decided to never run again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney:
    [QUOTE]Another dud day for Maroney.. How much longer are the Pats going to keep watching the same broken record????  It finally caught up with them today.  Maroney is all wind and no rain... He needs to go...  If nothing else... GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!  or take the wig off...    That dope has no business wearing a flashy style... He is a dud.
    Posted by djrpats[/QUOTE]

Trouble is, you have to play him to showcase him to other teams;  and the more you play him, the more other teams see his lack of skills. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]Another dud day for Maroney.. How much longer are the Pats going to keep watching the same broken record????  It finally caught up with them today.  Maroney is all wind and no rain... He needs to go...  If nothing else... GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!  or take the wig off...    That dope has no business wearing a flashy style... He is a dud.

Give BJGE a go. He was very good in pre season and actually runs hard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Maroney is horrible. We had a shot at D'Angelo Williams and drafted this bum isntead. And why do we use him on kickoff returns?
    Where is the Law Firm? Taylor is washed up also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

YES...He needs to go! Did you see him on the Kick-off return, it takes him 15 yards to get to full speed and thats only after he decides which way he should go, ahh over there, ahh no over here,,, ahhh damn wait.... oh, over here!
     HE's a BUST! Period.  Not only him, but Joey Galloway needs to be cut also. I am sick of seeing him drop balls and not no where to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Hmm, am I the only one that seen his kickoff? surely he won't be let go because he only knows how to run in open space like Kevin Faulk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan55. Show ryan55's posts

Agree, get rid of the bum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

In Response to Re: Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney : Give BJGE a go. He was very good in pre season and actually runs hard
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  I can't understand Belichick's man-love for Maroney.  He should be relegated to the bench as #5 on the depth chart. 

I think Belichick is afraid to admit Maroney is a BUST.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

why is it the last two weeks its maroneys,or gallowways fault?its far more then them two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Mahroney is a good kick off returner.  In week one, he had 50 yard return.  He had another good return that got called back because of a penalty. 

Fred Taylor is definitely the man in the backfield, but yesterday was a day for having backs that could pick up the blitz. 

Mahroney is not the reason they lost yesterday.  They lost because Brady was off target.  Brady was off target the blitz was putting pressure on him and he isn't good enough, right now, yo complete passes while he is moving.  He's seeing the blitz and making good decisions, but his accuracy is off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinalpap. Show spinalpap's posts

Would you rather have Heath Evans or Maroney?

Evans was one of my favorite players and now is he scoring TD's for new Orleans while Maroney gets his 2.8 yards a carry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnmoore4. Show johnmoore4's posts

It is the offensive line.  They underperformed.  Brady was at least hurried on 95 per cent of the passing plays.  So there was no way to set up the run.  I liked how Fred Taylor ran hard, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

It doesn't matter who the running back is, if the offensive coordinator is going to treat 3 point leads like 21 point deficits. How about putting a fullback on the roster, picking one RB to start and handing him the ball 25 times? How about NOT throwing the same exact quick pass every time we have 6 yards to go? Maroney is a bust, but he is not was is wrong with this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Although I've been impressed with a few (i.e. one or two) games, I am not enamoured with the player and his ability to make the contribution that someone in his position needs to make consistently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are crazy, all anyone on sports talk radio today has been saying is Maroney looked good teh last two weeks and its the game plan that makes him look bad. He had looked good when he has been in the game but how is he sopossed to do anything when he only gets to touch the ball 6 times a game. The O Line was not blocking well so dont blame Maroney.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]Would you rather have Heath Evans or Maroney? Evans was one of my favorite players and now is he scoring TD's for new Orleans while Maroney gets his 2.8 yards a carry.
    Posted by spinalpap[/QUOTE]
    The Pats need to try a couple of new things! For one how about SEaBass at Fullback. This should open up some running room.Terrence Nunn needs to be brought up from the practice squad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's not so much Maroney's fault as it is the 5chmuck that calls the plays. If Fred Taylor is moving the chain and Brady is not, it's time to use the 5 RBs we have on the roster. Why do we have so many if they aren't going to be utilized? We went shallow at the LB position so BJE can sit on the bench while the Pats go three and out on every possession? Run the ball to bring the safeties in and then launch the ball to Moss and Galloway. 

A delayed Blitz is a zone coverage, RBs own zone coverages. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from eldrik. Show eldrik's posts

the problem is that they don't give any running back time to shine.  if they had stuck to the running game yesterday in 3rd and short, there may have been a different end to the game.  maroney isn't bad, nor is taylor.  the O-Coordinator gives up on it after the first series, intoxicated by the possibility of having brady throw for 500 yards.  they want to be exciting.  running isn't exciting, just effective.  and if you don't try to run the defense is going to tee off on your qb every down.  the coaches brought this on themselves for being too narrow minded and shortsighted.  the only reason the jets could blitz brady 70% of the time is cause they knew they had given up on the run, even when the game was 10-9.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

If they are going to play empty backfields or one running back.  Why are they even bothering to keep 5 on the roster?  Fauria said let one guy play and establish himself in the flow of the game.  I thought I was watching Pop Warner during the 1st half when they used Maroney, then Taylor then Morris.  Myself, I'd go with Taylor (Faulk for 3rd down).  Inactivate or cut some of the others (i know it's harsh) and find some special teams help.   Losing Ventrone was big.  He's with the Browns now and made a tackle Sunday. I  think you'll start seeing name (unknowns) coming in this week and next to shore up special teams. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

How is his hair style relevant to any convo about his performance?  Stupid comment......

He had 6 carries against Jets, I suppose he lost the game for them?

If you're gonna b*tch, then b*tch about Moss not being able to beat press coverage and get open against the Jets, he wasn't doubled all game.  B*tch about Brady's accuracy issues 48.9% on primarily short passes (4.6 yards per attempt) against the Jets.  They say more about the way NE played on Sunday than Maroney and his 6 carries.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Posted by djrpats[/QUOTE]You are a idiot. What did Maroney have? Like 6 carries...There is no commitment to the run. Releasing Maroney would be complete stupididy as is this initital posting...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]Would you rather have Heath Evans or Maroney? Evans was one of my favorite players and now is he scoring TD's for new Orleans while Maroney gets his 2.8 yards a carry.
    Posted by spinalpap[/QUOTE]Use a calculator and do the Math. Marone is averaging over 4 yrd per carry w/the few chances he gets

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Maroney is getting criticism?  Last I checked, the Pats are throwing quite a bit and have not really utilized him (or their other runing backs) much.  Some of you guys  are looking to make someone the scapegoat, which is typically what happens to 1st rounders that are good but not great players.  Maroney is not the problem.  I'd say it's either the play calling or the O-line, or maybe the Jets D had something to do with the loss.  

And the dreads?  Who the hell cares what his hair looks like.  Now you're just getting personal because you don't like the guy.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You cant look good with 6 carrys a game and thats all he gets so you cant blame Maroney.

Sections
Shortcuts