Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney

Look, if the Pat's scored touchdowns in the redzone instead of having to settle for field goals the score would have been 21-3 in the first half instead of 9-3 or 21-7 if the Jests scored instead of settling for a FG.  We need to score td's in the redzone.  That probably comes down to more execution than anything.
     Also,  too many penalties put the Pats in too many long yardage situations.   Thus,  back to the all out pass mode.  Maroney didn't have much to do with that.  Besides,  I don't care if it's him, Taylor or Morris.  I think they're all capable.  They need to work on execution, especially in the redzone. 
    I also think Brady is not back yet.  He just dosen't look comfortable in the pocket.  That will take time but I think it will happen.  Still,  this team had a chance to win the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Do you really think if Maroney were as good of a runner as Chris Johnson, Mike Bell, Fred Jackson or half as good as Adrian Peterson the Patriots would throw the ball 50 times a game???  All of these stud runners with other NFL teams are about the same vintage as Maroney.

It the chicken and egg question; give me a stud who can run the ball 25 times a game and I guranatee Brady will not have to be flinging the ball downfield as much as he does.  Brady throws the ball so many times because he has no legitimate options at RB

Maroney is a BUST.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Even Adrian Peterson would look like sh*t if his team only let him carry the rock 6 times a game. We are not letting our running game get into a grove and thats a coaching issue not a player issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Let's face it, without Fred Taylor, the Pats would be handing off to a guy (i.e. Maroney) that is 4/17/0/5 (i.e. rushing stats), as the 4th quarter begins.  In other words, they would become so frustrating his inablitity to get things going that they would be forcing the throw; anabling the defense to clamp dow; taxing the Pat's defense, as they would be on the field more often. 

Same ole... Frown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he's out of the game with an injury. probably done for the year with his history. good riddance. taylor looks good...got to keep handing him the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney:
    he's out of the game with an injury. probably done for the year with his history. good riddance. taylor looks good...got to keep handing him the ball.
    Posted by artielang

Yupper- same ole... Wink

Perhaps, we can anticipate the same rhetoric (by Maroney) aimed at the year year ahead next September?

I told every Pats I met with a Maroney jersey on for the past few years that they wasted their money, unless the name tag could be ret-fitted. Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney : Yupper- same ole... Perhaps, we can anticipate the same rhetoric (by Maroney) aimed at the year year ahead next September? I told every Pats I met with a Maroney jersey on for the past few years that they wasted their money, unless the name tag could be ret-fitted.
    Posted by BTownExpress

...that's funny BTown, My younger brother, who loves the Celts, even when they stunk up the Garden for years, but whom I've never actually seen watch a Pat's Game, bought a Maroney Jersey a couple months ago, whereas My only comment to him was "You would have afforded more respect to those of Patriot Nation by buying a discounted Vrabel shirt and a few Gorditas...". 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Its time for the "Turk" to pay this dude a visit

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Who will take him in a trade? he's not durable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I've been waiting for 3 years now.  BB has a hard on for the guy.  I don't get it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

BJGE was out with a "healthy scratch"? What is that? I'm done talking about Maroney. Inconsistent and injury prone and no better than any of the other RBs we have on the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He ran well .... until he got hurt .... again. He can play well when he's not hurt but he can't seem to hold up. I still think there is a use for him with Taylor and Morris. Remember Morris hasn't really held up that well either. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Would you rather have Heath Evans or Maroney? Evans was one of my favorite players and now is he scoring TD's for new Orleans while Maroney gets his 2.8 yards a carry.
    Posted by spinalpap

Maroney. No question. He only ran 4 times today before being held out with a bruised knee and Freddie was running great so no need to put him back in.

BUT, Maroney had over a 4 yrd avg per carry.

Who played in the game on your planet today? You don't ask much more than a 4 yrd avg from your running game or your running backs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

Who is Maroney?  All I saw was shotgun empty backfield all game.  The Pats are still using their 2007 playbook.  They need to pick a RB and actually hand off the ball once in a while.  Their running game was actually good today, until they bizarrely decided to never run again.
    Posted by John413

I'll tell you why he doesn't get rid of him, BB is worried about injuries to his RB's. Get rid of Galloway though and bring up  Nunn/WR from the practice squad. Ellis should be in uniform and utilized in some fashion have Maroney in street clothes, I believe he was hurt in this game so it might happen.

GET RID OF GALLOWAY !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney:
    Another dud day for Maroney.. How much longer are the Pats going to keep watching the same broken record????  It finally caught up with them today.  Maroney is all wind and no rain... He needs to go...  If nothing else... GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!  or take the wig off...    That dope has no business wearing a flashy style... He is a dud.
    Posted by djrpats

I think Billy B is just waiting and hoping that one of these games, it just clicks for Maroney and he starts "getting it." He went down today on a soft hit. Good for us, as it allowed Fred Taylor to take over duties. FT shows some great cuts, acceleration, speed, and good decision making quickly. He is definitely our number one RB at the moment.  I would like to see what BJGE could do, get him some carries on 1st and 10, and let's see if we can get some dynamite out of him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snaffew. Show Snaffew's posts

In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney
    Maroney started out running well today until he injured his thigh.  3 five yard caries in a row until the 2 yarder he got injured on.  The big problem with this year's Patriots is Brady.  He cannot throw the deep ball worth a damn, and he can't hit anyone in the red zone.  What did they have...12 red zone passes inside the ten, and zero receptions.  Brady is throwing like an old man.  Maybe he gets his mojo back, maybe not, but he still looks terrible right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney : Trouble is, you have to play him to showcase him to other teams;  and the more you play him, the more other teams see his lack of skills. 
    Posted by nyjoseph

Either you or someone else keeps posting this showcase BS.  This isn't baseball.  They can cut him....remember no guaranteed contacts.  Why would someone trade value for him?  On another note, look at how other runners run.  Most notably Washington from the Jets and even Turner today.  They get tackled and they are so fired up that they keep on running.  I  like that.  Maroney jukes and jives and goes down.  I think he's going the way of Craig James...remember him?   Once he injured his shoulders he was shee it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney:
    Another dud day for Maroney.. How much longer are the Pats going to keep watching the same broken record????  It finally caught up with them today.  Maroney is all wind and no rain... He needs to go...  If nothing else... GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!  or take the wig off...    That dope has no business wearing a flashy style... He is a dud.
    Posted by djrpats
    I suppose that I must have been watching another game for what I saw was a determined Maroney for the first time this season. His average per carry must be near 4-5 yds. I'm not saying he has won me over but he should receive praise when warranted.  The running game was near 175 yards today, time of possession 2 to 1 over a good offensive team. Questions being asked should be regarding Joey Galloway and yes, Tom Terrific.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaacee. Show jaacee's posts

CUT MARONEY AND GALLOWAY---PLEASE!!! BRING BACK LEWIS AND NUNN-PLEASE!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Once again... Time to say GOODBYE to Maroney :  I think Billy B is just waiting and hoping that one of these games, it just clicks for Maroney and he starts "getting it." He went down today on a soft hit. Good for us, as it allowed Fred Taylor to take over duties. FT shows some great cuts, acceleration, speed, and good decision making quickly. He is definitely our number one RB at the moment.  I would like to see what BJGE could do, get him some carries on 1st and 10, and let's see if we can get some dynamite out of him.
    Posted by rpn123321

rpn and ALL:

Agree with Fred Taylor rpn that he is, and should be considered the #1 back...  Problem is that for Taylor, He ain't no spring-chicken anymore, and so can't be, nor should be utilized as you would your feature back... Today he had 21 carries, and come December, when it matters most, we need him fresh... Everybody talks about getting running backs into some kind of rhythm, but Taylor's a Vet who has shown he knows how to come in and contribute on a moment's notice, so this should be much less a factor than keeping him fresh when he's needed most come playoff time... Ideally, I'd like to see him get around 15 and no-more-EVER than 20 carries in a regular season game split evenly with Benjarvis-Ellis (another hard, and instinctual runner for his size).  Later, when he gets healthy, Sammy Morris can pick up the slack and do some splitting in for Taylor when he slows somewhat through the year so he's fresh come Winter. 

I'm so past disgusted with Maroney's injuries, dancing, and overall lack of production as a feature back, THAT I just pray BB gives BJGE the head nod from this point forward... I'm more disgusted with Maroney than even Galloway (because I'll give ANYONE and EVERYONE a few games, or a year or 2, BUT when we're talking 3, even 4 years...c'mon now)- Whom I BOTH (Galloway/Maroney) would consider putting on the practice squad (so noone takes Terrence Nunn).  Flip a coin to see who goes, I don't care, Since whichever one we Do NOT keep on the team, I'm sure will suddenly have an illustrious and suddenly reinvigorated career after being picked up by an AFC East Rival...

Sections
Shortcuts