One last thought on the colts...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

One last thought on the colts...

Hypothetical; What if dungy had been caught taping other teams' practices instead of BB. Would the whole matter have played out differently over the past few years? 

I know there always seemed to be lot of jealousy in the league over the Pat's successes even before the taping incident, but I'm always amazed at the level of hating still going on out there towards BB and all things Patriot. 

Somehow, I just can't imagine that level of bitterness lasting so long, or ever for that matter, against Dungy and the colts.  

Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: One last thought on the colts...

Media has power to create perception.  Belichick mocks it.  Dungy plays in it. 

You are probably right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Underdogged is correct. Belichick is an "Old School" Football Coach. He learned from the best of them. He is not here to smile for the cameras and cater to the needs of national media. He is a coach not a P.R rep. Media types such as John Clayton and other haters cannot stand him for his lack of enthusiasm when it comes to answering the same stinking question asked 10 different ways.

Tony Dungy is an ok coach who was fortunate enough to have one of the best regular season QBs of all time as his guy. He needs and appreciates the spot light more and plays into the medias hands. Hence his new job on the Football Night in America. Not only would he be forgiven it would probably turn into some kind of a "Feel Good Story" about a coach who learned his lesson and reformed his ways. I can see the media spin now.

Anyway i wouldn't have it any other way. We have one of the last Hard Nose Football guys left in the NFL as our head coach and leader. Lets appreciate what we have since he is not getting any younger. I am just happy that he has a strong enough character to not give a ratsass what some pencil pusher with a microphone thinks of him. Don't change Coach and give us another opportunity to win a championship!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

True champ -

Wrong!  this has nothing to do with being old school or learning from the best of them or being a hard nosed football guy, this has to do with the respect you give to other professionals who are just doing their job in exactly the same way he is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts...:
    True champ - Wrong!  this has nothing to do with being old school or learning from the best of them or being a hard nosed football guy, this has to do with the respect you give to other professionals who are just doing their job in exactly the same way he is.
    Posted by underdoggg

If by "other professionals" you mean the majority of the media who intentionally ask one sided questions just to elicit a certain response in which they can then use to there advantage as a selling point for the garbage they push on this nation then I say to you - it is you sir who are clearly "wrong"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Dungy =media  belichick = media 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Underdogged is correct. Belichick is an "Old School" Football Coach. He learned from the best of them. He is not here to smile for the cameras and cater to the needs of national media. He is a coach not a P.R rep. Media types such as John Clayton and other haters cannot stand him for his lack of enthusiasm when it comes to answering the same stinking question asked 10 different ways. Tony Dungy is an ok coach who was fortunate enough to have one of the best regular season QBs of all time as his guy. He needs and appreciates the spot light more and plays into the medias hands. Hence his new job on the Football Night in America. Not only would he be forgiven it would probably turn into some kind of a "Feel Good Story" about a coach who learned his lesson and reformed his ways. I can see the media spin now. Anyway i wouldn't have it any other way. We have one of the last Hard Nose Football guys left in the NFL as our head coach and leader. Lets appreciate what we have since he is not getting any younger. I am just happy that he has a strong enough character to not give a ratsass what some pencil pusher with a microphone thinks of him. Don't change Coach and give us another opportunity to win a championship!
    Posted by TrueChamp

First, if Mangina turned in St. Dungy, Goodell would have asked for his head on a platter. 

Second, Mangina would not have turned in Dungy.

Third, if Goodell caught wind of this, he would impose a change to the Policies and Practices manual stating it was legal to tape from the sideline and that this change affects all preceding policies going back to 1429. He would then honor St. Dungy for bringing the matter of an incorrect policy to his attention and give him a key to all washrooms everywhere.

Fourth, let's stipulate that Mangini would be that stupid and Goodell didn't have a crush on Dungy, then no one would care because the COLTS DON"T HAVE THE RINGS. There would be no pressure from anywhere, Dungy would have to forfeit his per diem and life would have gone on.

Oh, one last thing, if they asked Bill about it, he would shrug and ask if they had any questions regarding the upcoming opponent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

You can't let your fanaticism allow you to jade you to the point of lunacy.  To attack Tony Dungy is a joke.  Do you any of you know the MAN?  Probably not.  Many think you know the COACH.  Maybe so.  I hope the origin of this venom stems from rivalry only, because it can't possibly due to his character.  I love the PATRIOTS, but simply refuse to engage in this form of rhetoric towards an OUTSTANDING coach and person, simply for the reason that he is also my RIVAL.
    Let it RAIN...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swifttight. Show Swifttight's posts

Just remember one thing and one thing only,. PHONY DUNGY IS A FRAUD

enough said!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Just remember one thing and one thing only,. PHONY DUNGY IS A FRAUD enough said!
    Posted by Swifttight

Based on what, your opinion?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to One last thought on the colts... : Perception becomes reality.  The perception of Dungy is that he's a good family man that does what it takes coach and win the right way.  He's said that his family and his religious beliefs are his life not football.  Due to this perception, he gets the benefit of the doubt from the majority of the media and the majority of NFL fans. The perception of BB is that he's an azzhole who would sell his own mother for the right blitz package.  That he's not against bending the rules to get ahead.  Wether or not any of these perceptions are true and correct is up for debate.  BB has appeared to most NFL fans to be unrepentant of his actions and appears to have given the NFL (teams and league officials) the proverbial finger.  Even Bill Simmons calls that year the F-You season.  That the Pats ran up the score in games to P/O the rest of the league.  That is why he gets zero slack. I'm sure Dungy isn't as good as he appears. Everyone's got skeletons in their closet and I'm sure the Dr. Evil's not that bad of a guy as he's made out to be.  That being said, Perception becomes reality.
    Posted by DFree93HOF

I'm with you on the Dungy thing, but how about we simply agree not to berate each others coaches.  I understand that you're simply stating what perception is, and you're pretty much on the $$$.  I'm gonna get hammered for this, but I'm tired of all the unnecessary BS.  People don't want to talk about the germane issues, the simply want to bit**at each other. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

It's not that Dungy isn't as good as he is ---it's that Manning is as good as he is-- do any of you believe that Dungy ran the offense (or the defense)-- he was just a figure head that ended up on the right team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

You can't let your fanaticism allow you to jade you to the point of lunacy.  To attack Tony Dungy is a joke.  Do you any of you know the MAN?  Probably not.  Many think you know the COACH.  Maybe so.  I hope the origin of this venom stems from rivalry only, because it can't possibly due to his character.  I love the PATRIOTS, but simply refuse to engage in this form of rhetoric towards an OUTSTANDING coach and person, simply for the reason that he is also my RIVAL. Let it RAIN...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

I'll bet you were the first person in line to buy Palin's book!!

Let it snow!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : I'll bet you were the first person in line to buy Palin's book!! Let it snow!!
    Posted by NEGAME

Don't need the book, I actually live a few blocks from her.  Strange woman.  However, you mean that he was the right man in the right place twice, right!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

YOU LIVE IN ALASKA????  no wonder you wnat sodiumpentothal !!!!   LMCLAO!!!

anyone who says" I love the Patiots"--well we're wise to youse guys!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

YOU LIVE IN ALASKA????  no wonder you wnat sodiumpentothal !!!!   LMCLAO!!! anyone who says" I love the Patiots"--well we're wise to youse guys!
    Posted by NEGAME

I love the Patriots!!!  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

YOU LIVE IN ALASKA????  no wonder you wnat sodiumpentothal !!!!   LMCLAO!!! anyone who says" I love the Patiots"--well we're wise to youse guys!
    Posted by NEGAME

Yes I do.  I have no quarrel with you, so before you question my motives, you may want to read some of my other posts.  I'm really just a little different.  Life in the military will do that.  Most of us are trained to look at mutilple points of view do to the multiple facets of the missions  we undertake.  This has carried over into my personal life.  For the record, I've been a PATRIOT fan since the days of Randy Vataha.  I simple believe in calling it as I see it.  Whether it's in support of my team or to critique them, I love them none the less.

I realize that some things I may say will rub many of my fellow PAT fans the wrong way, but I call them like I see them and let the chips fall where they may.  Answering to hits from you guys is nothing compared to "campaigning for the other guy for president in the hometown of the R VP candidate.  Now that's scary. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by NEGAME

Another thing, today, here in the great northwest, it is -8.  Rain means warmer weather for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : You love me!
    Posted by NEGAME

I think I might.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

If you keep doing that Game you won't have any CLA left...LOL!Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : I'm with you on the Dungy thing, but how about we simply agree not to berate each others coaches.  I understand that you're simply stating what perception is, and you're pretty much on the $$$.  I'm gonna get hammered for this, but I'm tired of all the unnecessary BS.  People don't want to talk about the germane issues, the simply want to bit**at each other. 
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

I'm not ripping anybody. I'm simply saying that Dungy plays into the medias hands and seems to live in the spotlight (new book, new commentator job on Football Night in America) where as Belichick has been coaching longer then anybody in the NFL for 35 years consistently. He does not seem to care much about the "New Age" of the game. He likes x's and o's, preparation, scouting reports, game planning and building a team. He doesn't appear interested in answering questions that are not pertinent to the game!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

cla huh ??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Posted by NEGAME

Cute little @$$Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : I'm not ripping anybody. I'm simply saying that Dungy plays into the medias hands and seems to live in the spotlight (new book, new commentator job on Football Night in America) where as Belichick has been coaching longer then anybody in the NFL for 35 years consistently. He does not seem to care much about the "New Age" of the game. He likes x's and o's, preparation, scouting reports, game planning and building a team. He doesn't appear interested in answering questions that are not pertinent to the game!
    Posted by TrueChamp

No problem.  I don't think Dungy plays into the medias hands.  I think he adapted to the new NFL corporate structure that was mandated by the league (access to teams, players, coaches, and staff etc...) better than most.  Bill is Bill and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but that doesn't take away my rights to call him out when I think it's necessary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

cla huh ??
    Posted by NEGAME

It lost me too!

Sections
Shortcuts