1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: One last thought on the colts...

You are a smart a** Harley

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

LOL I don't know how that got so big!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Herm Edwards has been so critical of Bellichick all over the airwaves (by the way, one of the most overrated coaches in recent history...simply awful) and yet he famously uttered "YOU PLAY, TO WIN, THE GAME!" I guess he forgot that...luckily I have not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts...:
    [QUOTE]Herm Edwards has been so critical of Bellichick all over the airwaves (by the way, one of the most overrated coaches in recent history...simply awful) and yet he famously uttered "YOU PLAY, TO WIN, THE GAME!" I guess he forgot that...luckily I have not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I understand people questioning the call but I think it was a coin flip.  On one hand you have QB 1A or 1B (depending on how you root for) and you only need 2 yards.  Yeah, I think you go for it.  Most peoples problem is that the decision went against everything we've ever been taught about football.  On the other hand you have QB 1A or 1B on the other side and as much as the Colts had trouble stopping Brady in the 1st 3 qtrs the Pats had just as much trouble stopping the Colts in the 4th.  If they get the two yards, game over.  Good call on Dr. Evil's part.

And you do "PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!".......  God I love that quote.  It's not so much the quote but the inflection in his voice that made it such a good sound bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]You are a smart a** Harley
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

As I always say "better than a dumb @$$"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : As I always say "better than a dumb @$$"
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]

Harley!! I just got IT  LMCLAO!!!  two glasses of wine and I'm a little slow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to One last thought on the colts... : Perception becomes reality.  The perception of Dungy is that he's a good family man that does what it takes coach and win the right way.  He's said that his family and his religious beliefs are his life not football.  Due to this perception, he gets the benefit of the doubt from the majority of the media and the majority of NFL fans. The perception of BB is that he's an azzhole who would sell his own mother for the right blitz package.  That he's not against bending the rules to get ahead.  Wether or not any of these perceptions are true and correct is up for debate.  BB has appeared to most NFL fans to be unrepentant of his actions and appears to have given the NFL (teams and league officials) the proverbial finger.  Even Bill Simmons calls that year the F-You season.  That the Pats ran up the score in games to P/O the rest of the league.  That is why he gets zero slack. I'm sure Dungy isn't as good as he appears. Everyone's got skeletons in their closet and I'm sure the Dr. Evil's not that bad of a guy as he's made out to be.  That being said, Perception becomes reality.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

His football family comes before his real family. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Herm Edwards has been so critical of Bellichick all over the airwaves (by the way, one of the most overrated coaches in recent history...simply awful) and yet he famously uttered "YOU PLAY, TO WIN, THE GAME!" I guess he forgot that...luckily I have not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

I know most people on this board think Herm is a joke. I am not sure about the rest of the world, but I like to think they do.

During the Pats/Eagles pre-season game on a 3rd and 27, Herm actually said, "Nobody has a play for 3rd and 27." I guess that explains his record as a head coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : Harley!! I just got IT  LMCLAO!!!  two glasses of wine and I'm a little slow
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Well I'm into my second Sam Adams and I was slow before I started...ha
    Cheers! :^D

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lenny13. Show Lenny13's posts

[QUOTE]LOL I don't know how that got so big!!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Hey baby,did the Sun come out or was that your smile? If your picture went into words it would be the "fine print".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1flyby. Show 1flyby's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogged is correct. Belichick is an "Old School" Football Coach. He learned from the best of them. He is not here to smile for the cameras and cater to the needs of national media. He is a coach not a P.R rep. Media types such as John Clayton and other haters cannot stand him for his lack of enthusiasm when it comes to answering the same stinking question asked 10 different ways. Tony Dungy is an ok coach who was fortunate enough to have one of the best regular season QBs of all time as his guy. He needs and appreciates the spot light more and plays into the medias hands. Hence his new job on the Football Night in America. Not only would he be forgiven it would probably turn into some kind of a "Feel Good Story" about a coach who learned his lesson and reformed his ways. I can see the media spin now. Anyway i wouldn't have it any other way. We have one of the last Hard Nose Football guys left in the NFL as our head coach and leader. Lets appreciate what we have since he is not getting any younger. I am just happy that he has a strong enough character to not give a ratsass what some pencil pusher with a microphone thinks of him. Don't change Coach and give us another opportunity to win a championship!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't think edwards is overrated. I think he is what we thought he was. A bad coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : No problem.  I don't think Dungy plays into the medias hands.  I think he adapted to the new NFL corporate structure that was mandated by the league (access to teams, players, coaches, and staff etc...) better than most.  Bill is Bill and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but that doesn't take away my rights to call him out when I think it's necessary.
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

So your saying Dungy is a "Yes Man" He "adapted to the new NFL corporate structure" and that is a good thing? Id rather have a guy who coaches the way he learned over a 35 year career then a guy who "adapts" to what Goodel and the new commercialized NFL wants!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1flyby. Show 1flyby's posts

If "Old school" means you are arrogant,cheat,win at all cost, run up the score.....I'll take Dungy and his "luck". If being "lucky"means having class,respect for others and for the game..it's a no-brainer who would be my coach....and yes, BB made a gutsy call,just didn't work out.

[QUOTE]Underdogged is correct. Belichick is an "Old School" Football Coach. He learned from the best of them. He is not here to smile for the cameras and cater to the needs of national media. He is a coach not a P.R rep. Media types such as John Clayton and other haters cannot stand him for his lack of enthusiasm when it comes to answering the same stinking question asked 10 different ways. Tony Dungy is an ok coach who was fortunate enough to have one of the best regular season QBs of all time as his guy. He needs and appreciates the spot light more and plays into the medias hands. Hence his new job on the Football Night in America. Not only would he be forgiven it would probably turn into some kind of a "Feel Good Story" about a coach who learned his lesson and reformed his ways. I can see the media spin now. Anyway i wouldn't have it any other way. We have one of the last Hard Nose Football guys left in the NFL as our head coach and leader. Lets appreciate what we have since he is not getting any younger. I am just happy that he has a strong enough character to not give a ratsass what some pencil pusher with a microphone thinks of him. Don't change Coach and give us another opportunity to win a championship!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : So your saying Dungy is a "Yes Man" He "adapted to the new NFL corporate structure" and that is a good thing? Id rather have a guy who coaches the way he learned over a 35 year career then a guy who "adapts" to what Goodel and the new commercialized NFL wants!

We're confusing personality with coaching ability.  Dr. Evil's personality, or lack thereof, is what gets him in trouble.  Like I said before, Perception becomes reality.  He doesn't give good interviews, he looks like grump.  That's how people perceive it.

Dungy on the other had had no issues talking to the media.  There's more to being a head coach in the NFL today than X's and O's.  No one questions BB's ability to come up with a game plan, it's how he handles everything else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : We're confusing personality with coaching ability.  Dr. Evil's personality, or lack thereof, is what gets him in trouble.  Like I said before, Perception becomes reality.  He doesn't give good interviews, he looks like grump.  That's how people perceive it. Dungy on the other had had no issues talking to the media.  There's more to being a head coach in the NFL today than X's and O's.  No one questions BB's ability to come up with a game plan, it's how he handles everything else.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]

I don't think the perception of a coach by fans or media ever gets a coach "in trouble" There are a large # of fans, players and long time NFL coaches that have the utmost respect for Bill Belichick and his no-nonsense coaching style. I will go out on a limb and say that BB doesn't really care what you or I think and that has something to do with the reason he has 5 superbowl rings and will go down as one of if not the greatest coaches in NFL history!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One last thought on the colts... : I don't think the perception of a coach by fans or media ever gets a coach "in trouble" There are a large # of fans, players and long time NFL coaches that have the utmost respect for Bill Belichick and his no-nonsense coaching style. I will go out on a limb and say that BB doesn't really care what you or I think and that has something to do with the reason he has 5 superbowl rings and will go down as one of if not the greatest coaches in NFL history!

I'm not questioning his ability to break down X's and O's at all.  He's a great coach.  He just seems like he's got something up his butt all day and it's bothering him.  And BTW, if it wasn't bad enough that he wears a cut off hoodie, who wears cut off jeans to a press conferance?  Who wears cut off jeans anymore?  Because of his personality, he doesn't get cut any slack.  Dungy, because of his personality, does.

Sections
Shortcuts