One mans favorite play of the Pats game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

One mans favorite play of the Pats game...

My favorite play of the whole game was in the 1st half and the Patriots had a 3 and 4. Came out and RAN Ridley left for the first down! When is the last time we seen the Pats run on 3and 4?! Pure power football!

1st runnerup: The Chandler Jones strip sack and Hightower recovering for a TD.

2nd Runner up: Tavow Wilson INT.

Which plays stood out for you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: One mans favorite play of the Pats game...

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

My favorite play of the whole game was in the 1st half and the Patriots had a 3 and 4. Came out and RAN Ridley left for the first down! When is the last time we seen the Pats run on 3and 4?! Pure power football!

i love all your selections
    and especially yoru first point!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think overall, the running in the second half.  They just lined up and beat on the Titans.  Loved that.  Suddenly, the pass blocking seemed to tighten up.  

But also, I think I liked Brady playing with a broken nose (Or whatever it was.  It LOOKED like a broken nose).  He seemed to settle down after that and play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Opening drive; run, run, play action to Lloyd.

Even though he dropped it, I knew the Titans were in for a long day because Patriot football was back.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

My favorite play was one or two plays before Hightower's TD.  I think Chris Johnson ran into a pile (again) and tried to bounce away.  I saw Hightower grab the back of his jersey, lift him up off the ground, turn him sideways, and then tackle him on the other side of another Pats defender.  I was really impressed with that display.  I mentioned it in another thread too...I was ticked at CBS for replaying the little scuffle after that play instead of the actual football play.  I wanted to see it again.

Hightower is a beast...he's a big boy.  Can't wait to see more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

My favorite play was one or two plays before Hightower's TD.  I think Chris Johnson ran into a pile (again) and tried to bounce away.  I saw Hightower grab the back of his jersey, lift him up off the ground, turn him sideways, and then tackle him on the other side of another Pats defender.  I was really impressed with that display.  I mentioned it in another thread too...I was ticked at CBS for replaying the little scuffle after that play instead of the actual football play.  I wanted to see it again.

That was a great play, Hightower had one hand on Johnson as his teammate tried blocking him and still he held on.  What also amazed me about Donte was how he moved in space out in coverage, that guy is 270 pounds?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was a great play, Hightower had one hand on Johnson as his teammate tried blocking him and still he held on.  What also amazed me about Donte was how he moved in space out in coverage, that guy is 270 pounds?!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...reminds me of the body type that Adalius Thomas was.  That man could run like the wind...270lb LB running down the field.  In 2007, AT was really really good.  It was too bad he mentally and physically checked out after that year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Oh yeah...forgot to mention this.  The other thing that really stood out to me was the quality of the tackling yesterday by EVERYONE.  BB must have made that a focus this off/preseason.  They didn't let guys get any extra yards.  That was really well done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

+1

running on 3rd and +2 was something they never did last year. Even if they didn't get the 1st I saw the Titans sneaking closer to the line on a couple of 3rd down plays after because of the threat alone. McDaniels is going to bring balance to this O, I'm glad he didn't abandon it after the first handful of carries were either 0 yards or the 1 breakout. You could visible see the Titans DL getting worn out and as the game progressed Ridley was getting stronger and longer breakout runs

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

How about...

Gostowski LIGHTING UP the kick returner in front of the Pats' bench! Chung was PUMPED!

I'll never forget Vinatieri running down Herschel Walker, from behind. I think I may remember this one for a long time too.

That's just my football geekery speaking, aside from that, hard not to go with the strip sack by one 1st rounder, then the other 1st rounder picking it up, juking the LOineman who GAVE UP the sack, and dancing into the endzone. It's like ten years of defensive draft frustrations were wiped away in a single play. It was pure poetry in motion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

It was great watching the Patriots run the ball again. something we haven't seen since the days of Corey Dillon. Great way to eat up clock and sustain drives so Defense could get the rest it needed. I know the Pats have a great run defense holding Chris Johnson to what 4 yards? when the pass rush gets a little more better even though it wasn't bad yesterday, this team will be unstoppable. I want to see if they can continue running especially against the Ravens. It will be test enough against AZ even though AZ has zero offense minus Fitzgerald. Very encouraging to see a running game and Brady staying upright most of the game.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

THey had MORE RUNS THAN PASSES!!!!!!

Yes a handful of runs were on that final drive but that is part of the point. They kept control of the ball and were able to keep running even when the Titans might have anticipated the possibility.

This team looks a lot more like the Corey Dillon team. Thay can run hard inside and outside. They can control the ball and clock and dictate the game. On D Hightower is the new McGinest (or is it Sam Hunt... or both). Jones is the dominating DE - as Seymour was but granted they are different type of players... but both dominating and Jones sets the edge really well so not just a pass rush guy. Mayo is now either Bruschi or Vrabel or Brubel? But this team has better TEs but a long shot and Lloyd is I think better than any one WR we had back then. And Welker remains the possession WR (Troy Brown) even as Edelman starts to get more looks and time. Edelman is a big play waiting to happen....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

One of the best plays might have been the play Edelman caught the ball just above the ground and started to break it... but they blew the whistle. I think it was a completion. Wish I could see a definitive replay of it. But if they had not blown the whistle it would have been one of the highlights of the game - great catch, tremendous run after the catch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The failed Gronk spike.  The look on his face was priceless.

Actually it was the strip sack and TD just because of who was involved.  Those guys look like they can be huge for us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1 On Ridleys TD he bounced McCourtys brother back off him and back a few yards when he tried to stuff him,ala Earl Campell.
    2 Loyds bang bang feet down on a side line catch.
    3 The total absolute domination by our Ds front 7,not 1 play but.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

One of the best plays might have been the play Edelman caught the ball just above the ground and started to break it... but they blew the whistle. I think it was a completion. Wish I could see a definitive replay of it. But if they had not blown the whistle it would have been one of the highlights of the game - great catch, tremendous run after the catch.

With Dish Network and the DVR thing they have, I can rewind, and watch at 1/15th speed. I did it during the game on this play, and I'm convinced it was definitely a catch.

At the time I said "he better be right to be reacting like that", and when I watched, it seemed the ball hit the heel of his hard squarely, and took an odd bounce, kind of reverse rotation of what you'd expect. Kind of like when a good punt bounces back up in the air ten feet, straight up. It still kind of spins forward, even though it's going slightly backwards...anyway, I'm not getting into the whole physics of it, it's what I feel I saw. Oh well, to the naked eye, it looked like the nose of the ball dug into the ground, from what I re-watched, I saw it hit his hand.

Couldn't even challenge it, darn shame.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I saw that too and he got his hands under the ball and popped it up to make the completition. That was a tough one because he had a hole and most likely would have gotten the first. I can't blame the replacement refs for that one though because it was bang bang and very hard to tell if he got his hands under it or not unless you had the right angle

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Gronk's catch, in critical time. One of the best Catches I've seen in a long time. Hardest ball to catch is the low throw, and he picked it off the ground with his fingers, while still running.

AGREED.
    dude has monster hands! big and "catchey"....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

How about...

Gostowski LIGHTING UP the kick returner in front of the Pats' bench! Chung was PUMPED!

I'll never forget Vinatieri running down Herschel Walker, from behind. I think I may remember this one for a long time too.

That's just my football geekery speaking, aside from that, hard not to go with the strip sack by one 1st rounder, then the other 1st rounder picking it up, juking the LOineman who GAVE UP the sack, and dancing into the endzone. It's like ten years of defensive draft frustrations were wiped away in a single play. It was pure poetry in motion.

with you on that. on the game thread, my exact words were, "first round gold!....."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Not 1 play, but if I had to choose the most underated Player, it was Mesko. His Punts kept pinning back Tenn. He is turning into a Great Punter.

he actually flubbed his first punt, but you're absolutely right - he did a  great job punting to the corners...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

The goal line stand when the Titans had it first and goal at the two yard line.  Titans have one of the premier runners in the NFL, and could not run it in.

Sections
Shortcuts