one man's trash?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

one man's trash?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/bears-could-cut-carimi-two-years-after-taking-him-in-round-1/

"In 2011, the previous regime in Chicago liked Gabe Carimi enough to pick him in the first round of the NFL draft. In 2013, the current regime in Chicago may not even like Carimi enough to give him a spot on the 53-man roster.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Carimi is in the midst of a competition for a roster spot.

Carimi can play both guard and tackle, which would seem to improve his chances of making the roster, but a closer look at the line raises the question of where Carimi would fit: Jermon Bushrod is set as the starter at left tackle, and right tackle will be a competition between J’Marcus Webb and Jonathan Scott, with the loser between those two probably making the roster as a backup. The recently signed Matt Slauson and this year’s first-round draft pick, Kyle Long, will likely start at guard. That might leave Carimi battling to be the third guard on the 53-man roster, and he could easily lose that job to Edwin Williams because Williams has experience at center and could step in if starter Roberto Garza got hurt.

Carimi began his rookie season as the Bears’ starting right tackle, but he played in only two games in 2011 before suffering a season-ending knee injury. In 2012 Carimi played in all 16 games, starting 14, but he didn’t play particularly well: He was benched in November and only returned to the field when the Bears lost two guards to injuries.

So if Carimi doesn’t have a strong camp, he could be out of a job."

I hope the bears cut this guy, I bet BB would be all over him and getting Scar to turn the former outland trophy winner into the perennial pro bowler he was projected to be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: one man's trash?

In response to natesubs' comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/bears-could-cut-carimi-two-years-after-taking-him-in-round-1/

"In 2011, the previous regime in Chicago liked Gabe Carimi enough to pick him in the first round of the NFL draft. In 2013, the current regime in Chicago may not even like Carimi enough to give him a spot on the 53-man roster.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Carimi is in the midst of a competition for a roster spot.

Carimi can play both guard and tackle, which would seem to improve his chances of making the roster, but a closer look at the line raises the question of where Carimi would fit: Jermon Bushrod is set as the starter at left tackle, and right tackle will be a competition between J’Marcus Webb and Jonathan Scott, with the loser between those two probably making the roster as a backup. The recently signed Matt Slauson and this year’s first-round draft pick, Kyle Long, will likely start at guard. That might leave Carimi battling to be the third guard on the 53-man roster, and he could easily lose that job to Edwin Williams because Williams has experience at center and could step in if starter Roberto Garza got hurt.

Carimi began his rookie season as the Bears’ starting right tackle, but he played in only two games in 2011 before suffering a season-ending knee injury. In 2012 Carimi played in all 16 games, starting 14, but he didn’t play particularly well: He was benched in November and only returned to the field when the Bears lost two guards to injuries.

I hope the bears cut this guy, I bet BB would be all over him and getting Scar to turn the former outland trophy winner into the perennial pro bowler he was projected to be.

Kick tires, sure. Not sure anything will come out of it. I seem to remember him having a history of injuries to both knees even before his NFL career even started. A serious injury last year means he's had a repeat on one of the knees. Perhaps those knees are just too damaged for him to do well in the NFL.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

yeah but what can the doctors do for his knee (s) to keep it (them) together? :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I guess it all boils down to what is/are the condition(s) of his knee(s).  If they're capable of being made reasonably sound and functional then I'd be all for it.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If the doctors in the Boston area hospitals can not help his knees then his career in football (as a player) is over! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not sure that the Patriots will be bringing in anymore Oline help any time soon! They have brought in two guys with NFL experience since the offseason began in Svitek and Green. They also brought in UDFA's Fisher,Stankiewitch,McDonald and Kline. They only lost one Olineman during the offseason,so I am sure they will find his replacement out of the six guys they brought in. Same thing holds true where everyone keeps asking what the Patriots are going to do to replace the two DT's they released this week. OK they dumped Love and Deaderick,but they brought in Armstead,Kelly,Grissom,Cherrington and Vellano. So unless my math has some serious flaws they brought in 5 guys who all play DT too replace 2 guys who play the same position. So it would appear that they have an abundance of players capable of playing the DT position on this team. the next position folks will be yapping about will be TE,please! They only have a bozillion of them on their 90 roster. Without Gronk and Hernandez the Patriots have 5 more TE's on their 90 man roster. The only guy without any competition is Stephan Gostkowski ! Though I'm sure if BB wanted it to be a competition he would bring in as many as he deemed necessary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Is another man's come up! I'm gonna pop some tags and I got twenty dollars in my pocket, I'm, I'm, I'm hunting, looking for a come up. This is e'fn awesome!

How did everyone miss that? Bunch of old timers on these boards. =D

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Speaking of trash. On this board there's a few players who are always trashed but the big guy gives a vote of confidence. 

Look at 10. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

10. I knew Bill Belichick has felt strongly about defensive back Devin McCourty since selecting him in the first round of the 2010 draft (27th round), but I might have underrated those thoughts. After listening to Belichick’s “Building a Champion” keynote address at the symposium “Sports Medicine and the NFL: The Playbook for 2013” earlier this month, it struck me that Belichick included McCourty in an elite class when discussing what was important to him in players. Belichick talked about having passionate hard-working players who don’t just want to know their assignment, but want to know every part of the overall scheme, and the first three players mentioned were Tom Brady, Jerod Mayo and McCourty. McCourty had a stellar rookie season at cornerback resulting a Pro Bowl appearance, dipped in 2011, and then was somewhere back in the middle in 2012 when a midseason shift to safety altered his role. While public perception of McCourty might have wavered over the last few years, I don’t think Belichick has wavered one bit when it comes to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Speaking of trash. On this board there's a few players who are always trashed but the big guy gives a vote of confidence. 

Look at 10. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

10. I knew Bill Belichick has felt strongly about defensive back Devin McCourty since selecting him in the first round of the 2010 draft (27th round), but I might have underrated those thoughts. After listening to Belichick’s “Building a Champion” keynote address at the symposium “Sports Medicine and the NFL: The Playbook for 2013” earlier this month, it struck me that Belichick included McCourty in an elite class when discussing what was important to him in players. Belichick talked about having passionate hard-working players who don’t just want to know their assignment, but want to know every part of the overall scheme, and the first three players mentioned were Tom Brady, Jerod Mayo and McCourty. McCourty had a stellar rookie season at cornerback resulting a Pro Bowl appearance, dipped in 2011, and then was somewhere back in the middle in 2012 when a midseason shift to safety altered his role. While public perception of McCourty might have wavered over the last few years, I don’t think Belichick has wavered one bit when it comes to him.

All three guys in this piece are I'm sure the hardest working, nicest guys you'll ever come across in professional sports. You ever hear Mayo do an interview? He does a weekly show on weei - he may be one of the most down to earth people I've ever heard speak. Unlike Patrick Chung who also did a weekly interview on weei - who seemed like one of the most aloof people I've heard.

The problem with both Mayo and McCourty is that they're not special players. It can be twisted anyway anyone wants...how they've done against other guys drafted in the same spot, how they lead the league in tackles or assists, how they are starting, how the coach praised them, but the fact is they both get beat regularly. Now players get beat - I understand that - but special players don't get beat as much as these two do. To me these are two nice, hard working guys that are slightly above average football players. I think we keep drafting corners and trading for guys like Talib because McCourty failed at corner. And I think we drafted an outside linebacker because Mayo needs to be put back inside.