One more reason to think James Harrison is on roids

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: One more reason to think James Harrison is on roids

Whatever the guy is on, he's clearly a headhunter and if the league is serious about player safety, this is the kind of guy who needs to be coralled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Completely agree that he's on roids and that the league should look into his proclaimed head-hunting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

I think he takes HGH...

Re: Leave Brandon Meriweather Alone!

posted at 10/18/2010 4:51 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3c3b637265753652f7dbe15fa4f8de22&plckUserId=3c3b637265753652f7dbe15fa4f8de22">
    First: 6/9/2010
    Last: 10/18/2010
    Yea but that is the way it goes Marc, when its your team doing the hitting you like it but when its your WR getting hit you dont like it. That is how fandom works lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Don't know about the roids....but this clearly is NOT an intelligent person. Making a statement like that, after those two hits yestersay, he just put himself on notice with the commish for the rest of his career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

And for some reason I'd love for him to be on the Pat's.... just sayin'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Yawn.

Nobody who plays in the NFL for any team in the 21 century is clean. Everybody is on some "supplement" that hasn't been banned yet.

The trick for professional and olympic athletes is to stay one step ahead of the rules.

Anyone who doesn't believe or understand that lives in a fantasy world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Well, James Harrison could be on steroids. Is he? I don't think so. I think he's an immensely strong person who has trained hard, plays hard, and gets a real advantage with his size dimensions versus the typical NFL offensive tackle. Harrison has a great motor and he rushes lower than most blockers are able to handle and keep up with. And with James Harrison's comments, he clearly pointed out that he is not in a game seeking to injure people. His exact quotes:

"I don't want to see anyone injured," Harrison said, "but I'm not opposed to hurting anyone. 

"There's a difference. When you're injured, you can't play. But when you're hurt, you can shake it off and come back. I try to hurt people."

Fair, and you all know it deep down, the difference between injuring someone and hurting someone. That said, the NFL is trying to corral the amount of danger a players body is exposed to these days, especially around the head region. Hurting someone in the head area leads to other more serious and damaging instances in the future. Putting more emphasis on tackling the legs and everything below the waist, having players focus on timing and only attempting a big hit on a player with form tackling technique to any section below the shoulder region of a players body; those are good initiatives the National Football League is taking in trying to protect player safety. Now, Harrision will learn this as will others. Incidental contact to the heads of players bodies, (nothing ticky-tack), should be a penalty in most cases, and anything aggressive in nature as it relates to the competition and game at play, that appeals to the judgement referees senses; that can be anything from an ejection of the game to a future suspension in other NFL games. This issue will get resolved and James Harrison, though a bit of an enemy to some New England fans, is a heat-seeking missile of a player who I believe to be finely tuned in his judgements. Those hits against Cleveland he had on Sunday were against the rules, they might have been called as fouls against him and his team, and those are instances that he'll have to avoid for the most part from now on like everyone else. Unless James Harrison develops some trend where he is making poor decisions by attacking peoples heads, then he'll get dealt with. I don't think any of this however, is a side-effect of steroid use. I believe him today to be a near-entirely clean player of any performance enhancing substances such as HGH or steroids. 5, 6, 7 years ago there may have been a couple of instances of use that have some small traces left in Harrison's body now? Maybe, but that's as far as I'm willing to bet. James Harrision is a great, great player.

Sections
Shortcuts