one more victory by JOHN HARBAUGH and he ties BB for most victories at 63 since he's been hired, who would you prefer coaching you in a big game?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

SF had a lot of top picks which makes up that team.  They had to find a QB and that's what Harbaugh was brought in for.  That team was loaded when he took over.  He hasn't showed me anything but being able to take a very talented, very under achieving team to the next level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Sorry but lead has me puzzled BB has 151-51 with Pats and 187-101 overall.

JH is 54 and 46

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Sorry but lead has me puzzled BB has 151-51 with Pats and 187-101 overall.

JH is 54 and 46

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

they can thank Mike Nolan for that D

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

There is a very similar parallel between the two. They both inherited stud players at their arrival as HCs. He may flame out as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

There is a very similar parallel between the two. They both inherited stud players at their arrival as HCs. He may flame out as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Similar parallels between the two. Both inherited studs. Waiting for his flame out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Similar parallels between the two. Both inherited studs. Waiting for his flame out.

This new format has never done this before. It stinks.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You guys seem to be confusing your Harbaughs, Jim is in SF, where Mike Nolan used to be. This thread is about John.  

As for the question being asked, neither BB nor John H has won a SB in the time since John H was hired, so it's a tossup to me.  BB had gotten to 2 SBs and this is Harbaugh's first in that time, if Harbaugh wins this one you'd have to give him the nod. It's a bottom line business.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

SF had a lot of top picks which makes up that team.  They had to find a QB and that's what Harbaugh was brought in for.  That team was loaded when he took over.  He hasn't showed me anything but being able to take a very talented, very under achieving team to the next level.

Shouldnt you say the same thing about BB then? A lot of Parcell's guys on those Patriots teams

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Shouldnt you say the same thing about BB then? A lot of Parcell's guys on those Patriots teams

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from izgood. Show izgood's posts

While it is true that both head coaches inherited good players, JH is not responsible for selecting his players. Ozzie Newsome is. BB the GM has hurt BB the Coach, no doubt. The same cannot be said for JH. As a lifelong Pats fan, a true and realistic fan, I respect JH and believe that BB's ego is hurting this team. He needs to put it aside and hire a true GM as well as a D coordinator. Otherwise, it will be more of the same.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from izgood. Show izgood's posts

While it is true that both head coaches inherited good players, JH is not responsible for selecting his players. Ozzie Newsome is. BB the GM has hurt BB the Coach, no doubt. The same cannot be said for JH. As a lifelong Pats fan, a true and realistic fan, I respect JH and believe that BB's ego is hurting this team. He needs to put it aside and hire a true GM as well as a D coordinator. Otherwise, it will be more of the same.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from izgood. Show izgood's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I think some people are confusing their Harbaughs here. John coaches the Ravens and Jim coaches the 49ers.

Since 2008 (John's first year as a head coach), the Ravens are 54-26 in the regular season and 9-4 in the post-season with three AFC championship appearances and one Super Bowl appearance. In that same span, BB and the Pats are 60-20 in the regular season and 3-4 in the playoffs with two AFC championship games and one super bowl appearance. When coaching head to head the Patriots have beaten the in 3 of 5 games, but both Ravens wins came in the playoffs.

Jim became the coach of the 49ers last year and he is 24-7-1 in two seasons, the Pats are 25-7 over that time. The 49ers are 3-1 in the playoffs with two conference championship games and one super bowl appearance. The Patriots are 3-2 with the same other credentials. The 49ers won the only head to head meeting.

Obviously, one Harbaugh will get one more playoff win and the other a loss. Either way, they both have good starts to their head coaching careers. How long either one can maintain it will be the real test.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

- why can't boston.com fix the multiple post issue? -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Sections
Shortcuts