One of the coolest gifts I have ever received

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: One of the coolest gifts I have ever received

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Wow, that's some buddy you got there ghost.

He and i having been going to games together since the late 80's and we have been season Tix holders since the mid 90's.

Great guy.

That's cool, man. Did he carve it or was it done by someone locally?  The details on Pat Patriot there are amazing.

The guy who did it is amazing. He is a friend of ours and he does it for a living. He has done work for Matt Light's foundation and I am going to talk to him this weekend and ask if it is ok to use his contact info in this forum in case anyone is interested.

The detatil is amazing and the pic really doesn't do the piece justice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My buddy just had this delivered to my house.

That's totally cool.  Merry Christmas!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

very nice. I suppose you can't take it to your games, mebbe while you tailgate?

It is a tad heavy but perhaps one tailgate next year wouldn't be out of the question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

That's totally cool.  Merry Christmas!

Thanks Pro... Merry Christmas to you and your family also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Truly awesome!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

That is one GOOD buddy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

How did he manage to get that fireplace into the house ? 

Just kidding..great gift!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

Don't put him too close to the fire... he might burn down!

LOL... yeah still working on a location. It is made to be put outside but I don't think that will happen until spring and will go on the deck.

Treat it, carve the bottom out like a V, and put it on your house like a weathervane.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Awesome.... Was that hand made? Pretty sharp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

That is a very nice gift. I would put it right in the man cave!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You must immediately draw up plans and build yourself a man cave. You have the centerpiece and the theme, and no matter what she says now, at some point the estrogen will kick in and that thing will not be able to stay where it is.

I can see it now, one of her friends or family members will convince her it just has to go, and she'll be like "honey, we have to talk..."

So did you say how it was carved by the way, chainsaw?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Seastixholdersince1971's comment:

Awesome.... Was that hand made? Pretty sharp.

Hand made... the guy who did it is extremely talented.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

You must immediately draw up plans and build yourself a man cave. You have the centerpiece and the theme, and no matter what she says now, at some point the estrogen will kick in and that thing will not be able to stay where it is.

I can see it now, one of her friends or family members will convince her it just has to go, and she'll be like "honey, we have to talk..."

exactly....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

LOL.... you may be correct after the initial euphoria and her sisters get her ear I may be getting the converstion you speak of. The guy who did it is a friend of ours and here is a video of how he does some of his works.

Michael Higgins: Crazy Guy With a Chainsaw - YouTube

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+higgins+crazy+guy+with+chain+saw&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Very nice. Merry Christmas.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wow, that's freakin' awesome.  

I also agree with tcal, nice fire place.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

My brother n law just got me this huge Rob Gronkowski cut out . It is the same exact one they have at dunkin. He went in there and just bought it out right. They placed it in my room LMAO. Gronk has the football in one arm eating a sandwich in the other. It's going in the cave not the bedroom lol.. To funny. I told him he has to much spare time on his hands

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Sweet! I'm getting a longsleeve Pats dry fit shirt I asked for didn't know these were available. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

LOL.... you may be correct after the initial euphoria and her sisters get her ear I may be getting the converstion you speak of. The guy who did it is a friend of ours and here is a video of how he does some of his works.

Michael Higgins: Crazy Guy With a Chainsaw - YouTube

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+higgins+crazy+guy+with+chain+saw&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Buy her something nice from Tiffany and you'll be okay . . . . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Thanks for the Photo ghost. Trying to explain this gift to someone, would not get it. Keep a photo in your wallet. Trying to complement a return Christmas gift like that to your pal would be? Don't have the words, nor any idea ......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

That thing is so awesome that I don't even think my wife would object.

Anyways,  as Muzwell said, it would make a great center piece in the man cave.

You are a lucky man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

That's a legit gift.

Sections
Shortcuts