One of the trends of last 6 out of 7 Super Bowl Champs is to have a good WR corp...Why havent we jumped on this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: One of the trends of last 6 out of 7 Super Bowl Champs is to have a good WR corp...Why havent we jumped on this?

Furthermore...Boldin bailed out Flacco this super bowl run...Manningham Cruz n Nicks bailed out Eli with great catches...its not my imagination when i say we need a playmaker at WR ..Brady window closing fast...Go Pats 2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: One of the trends of last 6 out of 7 Super Bowl Champs is to have a good WR corp...Why havent we jumped on this?

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

The last 6 of 7 teams to win the Super Bowl all had good to very good WRs...except for Pittsburg..Its well documented over and over that the NFL has become a passing league...So we are fortunate enough to have one of the greatest QBs to play the game and a very mediocre WR corp..makes no sense! Bradys window is very small...get him some playmaking WRs and give us a chance to win another trophy..before its too late and Brady is either traded or leaves ...Go Pats in 2013!

because Kraft won't spend for them and Belichick can't draft them

and Brady's clock goes tick tock tick tock...  :  )

cue queenie/rusty/clark/neil/rock....

Sure. The franchise everyone drools over and mirrors somehow doesn't do enough for Tom Brady and his legacy. That's an excuse for Brady and for people who are JEALOUS of Kraft and BB, especially a Giants fan that sits second fiddle with Mara and Jerry Reese. 

It's a long, long way down for the Giants.

So, you have to leave the board for good if th Giants don't make the playoffs next year, for the second season in a row.

Wake me when the Pats don't make the playoffs 2 years in a row.  Christ, barring a Brady injury in 2008, it would have only happened ONCE in the last 12 years.

ONCE.

I am pretty certain that's a cap era record. Better than Pitt, Indy, Baltimore, GB, the Giants, NOs, you name the club.

But, sure, Kraft is "too cheap" and BB can't draft. Sure.

as usual Queenie you go off half-cocked to nowhere

how exactly do the giants have anything at all to do with my post or the op?

and of course we all know everyone "drools over and mirrors" a franchise that hasn't won a championship in 9 years, especially the team that beat them twice in the SB and 5 times in a row...ok sure

second fiddle to what exactly? far as I know one team wins the SB and everybody else is second fiddle...and since jints play in different division and conference I can't quite see how we would be "second fiddle" to the pats but hey it is queenie logic we are dealing with here...

u know methinks that if those other teams had the good fortune to play in the AFC Easy with 3 inept teams every year making the playoffs every year would be a weeeeee bit easier

i feel good though b/c I know bellichick will generously let us use his "blue print" again and we will be right back on top of the heap...thanks Bill for inventing football!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

The last 6 of 7 teams to win the Super Bowl all had good to very good WRs...except for Pittsburg..Its well documented over and over that the NFL has become a passing league...So we are fortunate enough to have one of the greatest QBs to play the game and a very mediocre WR corp..makes no sense! Bradys window is very small...get him some playmaking WRs and give us a chance to win another trophy..before its too late and Brady is either traded or leaves ...Go Pats in 2013!

becasue bb hasnt been able to pick them so he has to try to get fa's. which cost a lto more.

and

because bb has thought he had enough to win sb.

he hasnt seen that good des have shut down our offense by jamming the short and middle field

though with our talent, if we had one of the better offensive coordinators in the league, we likley win even with gronk out both years

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Furthermore...Boldin bailed out Flacco this super bowl run...Manningham Cruz n Nicks bailed out Eli with great catches...its not my imagination when i say we need a playmaker at WR ..Brady window closing fast...Go Pats 2013

yup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Brady is forced to make ill  advised throws as  his windows are so small ..there is no room for error with the dink n dunk offense flood the zone n offense goes limp...we need a playmaker at the WR spot..

edelman is not it...he is welker lite.

.+ he is always hurt! 

"Brady is forced to make ill  advised throws as  his windows are so small ..there is no room for error with the dink n dunk offense flood the zone n offense goes limp...we need a playmaker at the WR spot..

exactly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

I wish we did have a TOP 7 defensive front but with the exception of Vince Wilfork we have a good but not great front 7.  We're better than average against the run but less than average against the pass. We have enough to survive but not enough to be considered dominant.

We need a penetrating DL to complement Vince or a dominant DE to disrupt an opponents offense.  Let their quarterback be rushed and squeezed for time to find an open receiver. Our secondary immediately gets better with the addition of either a dominant interior lineman or DE.

We seem to need stability at the CB and S positions to complement a great front 7.  Bodies that spend less time  nursing injuries than PT.  As helpful as Talib can be his PT has been disappointing.

We do need an outside threat on offense and our lack of success finding talent at the WR position is well known.  We look for receivers that can separate and run sharp routes.  We look for receivers that can find the ball that's off target but do we look for receivers that are committed to preventing an interception on balls they can't reach?  We focus on YAC but do we insist on receivers that have extra sticky hands that catch everything?  While speed and size help with separation we should insist on the rest of the package too.

Tom Brady has been forced to throw into tight spaces because of a lack of wr separation.  Or he has to throw low balls to prevent interceptions and our wrs have difficulty tracking these difficult to catch passes. Wrs MUST be able to get off the line since TB is working against the clock waiting for them to clear.

re
    "Tom Brady has been forced to throw into tight spaces because of a lack of wr separation.  Or he has to throw low balls to prevent interceptions and our wrs have difficulty tracking these difficult to catch passes. Wrs MUST be able to get off the line since TB is working against the clock waiting for them to clear."

yup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Didn't Brady have all the "toys" in 2008?

I'm done with the been there done that thingy....I would like to see the Defense rebuilt and start with interior D Linemen.

I am assuming this is sarcasm.^^ NE has one of the best front 7s in the AFC.  They need one more piece at DT or DE and need to decide if they want to run more 3-4 than they have been the last 2 years.

I would like to see the OFFENSE rebuilt because it has SUCKED donkey taint in the postseason, generally speaking, since 2005.

Finesse ain't cutting it. 

Yes a bit of sarcasim....but there is one problem with the rebuilding the offense yes?

New England has had the highest scoring offense, or close to it, for awhile now.

You can't average 30 then show up and score 3.

Lot's of CAP money on the offense side of the ball.

I've seen the O lay an egg too many times in these playoff games. If rebuilding means they fix whatever has been wrong and show up on the big stage and score 30 then I guess I am OK with that.

For me though....I wanna move on and have an offense that scores 24-27 and a D that punches the other team on the kisser.

The O has left us at the alter one too many times and I'd be happy to see the D beefed up.

in the playoffs, the pats are out-coached (especially on offense, but also game and time mgt) and the oppenent defense is coached up on mashing our wrs short and middle and lloyd cant really beat anyone taking a safety with him.

a btter oc, a big outside wr who can play (several in draft)

and impriovements on o line, pass rush, cover lb, and one more cb (plus talib)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Brady's been one of the top passers statistically over the last 6-7 years.  There are no statistics for "yard incompleted" or "passes incompleted" that benefit a quarterback's statistics. 

To get those numbers somebody had to catch those balls. 

Wait...Is that you Babe? 

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts