One of the X-Factors for the postseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

One of the X-Factors for the postseason

One of my biggest X-Factors for the postseason is Shaun "Big Katt" Ellis. Yes, he has not produced much this season until last week and some of it is due to injury and mostly due to Andre Carter and Mark Anderson doing so well and Ellis has had a few injuries himself. With Andre Carter on injured reserve, "Big Katt" is the next man up along with Mark Anderson, Brandon Deaderick, and others. I have a feeling Big Katt is going to come up huge for the team along with others and I stil have confidence in him. I'm going to end it this post with this. Is it just me or does it seem like Shaun Ellis lost some weight? Watching Ellis on the field, he looks a lot slimmer for some reason. I don't know why but he looks like he dropped some pounds and he looks more slimmed down than he was with the jets. I guess we should call him "Slim Katt" or something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason

For me the X factor is Ridley, if he averages 4.5 yards a carry an doesnt fumble we cant be stopped from outscoring the opponent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Ridley / Hernadez are the biggest X factors because they need a viable RB and they will focus on taking Gronk / Wes out and Branch and Ocho aren't good enough to make a big impact consistently.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason:
    [QUOTE]Ridley / Hernadez are the biggest X factors because they need a viable RB and they will focus on taking Gronk / Wes out and Branch and Ocho aren't good enough to make a big impact consistently.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    I think the Pats will get the running game together for the playoffs.  Did everyone forget the Pats outrushed Miami last Saturday when most thought Miami would gash the D with the run and Bush?  Granted, not by much, but they did!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason : I think the Pats will get the running game together for the playoffs.  Did everyone forget the Pats outrushed Miami last Saturday when most thought Miami would gash the D with the run and Bush?  Granted, not by much, but they did!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

That's because, as I keep saying over and over again, with this team the PASS opens up the RUN -- not the other way around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason : That's because, as I keep saying over and over again, with this team the PASS opens up the RUN -- not the other way around.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]
    Also, have the Pats REALLY needed to run?  Granted, there have been occasions in which we wished they'd run more, but why? This seems more of a fan issue than a team issue as many are focused on the mantra a team HAS TO HAVE a run game to win in the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason : I think the Pats will get the running game together for the playoffs.  Did everyone forget the Pats outrushed Miami last Saturday when most thought Miami would gash the D with the run and Bush?  Granted, not by much, but they did!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to One of the X-Factors for the postseason:
    [QUOTE]One of my biggest X-Factors for the postseason is Shaun "Big Katt" Ellis. Yes, he has not produced much this season until last week and some of it is due to injury and mostly due to Andre Carter and Mark Anderson doing so well and Ellis has had a few injuries himself. With Andre Carter on injured reserve, "Big Katt" is the next man up along with Mark Anderson, Brandon Deaderick, and others. I have a feeling Big Katt is going to come up huge for the team along with others and I stil have confidence in him. I'm going to end it this post with this. Is it just me or does it seem like Shaun Ellis lost some weight? Watching Ellis on the field, he looks a lot slimmer for some reason. I don't know why but he looks like he dropped some pounds and he looks more slimmed down than he was with the jets. I guess we should call him "Slim Katt" or something.
    Posted by millergrnv[/QUOTE]

Would love to see him get going!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

X factor.  Turnovers.  Pats don't lose (or hardly ever) when they win the turnover battle.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Get the running game perfected so we can reel off 5-6 yards a pop and wear down the d-line and LBs, and take the pressure off the passing game.

The only way we can wear a defense now is using the speeded up versin of the no huddle.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The big X factor is getting the injured players back on the field.  Light, Mankins and Vollermer will be a big addition.  Spikes and Chung would help on the defensive side.  Vereen could also be an X factor.  Fresh legs for the playoffs.  I agree with Ellis.  He looked like a beast out there last week.  Mayo has stepped it up the last couple of weeks and Fletcher is starting to make an impact. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason": [QUOTE]REFS thats my X-Factor. Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE] Lst two games were horrendous from officiating viewpoint and on top of that the commentary in last game was awful. It is difficult to annoy me and they did it with ease.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason : That's because, as I keep saying over and over again, with this team the PASS opens up the RUN -- not the other way around.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]
    +1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

For me its Ocho!

He is the only Dynamic we didnt have last year.

I know we have some younger backs now, but if Freddy T couldnt get ONE carry in the playoffs, what makes one think Ridley would get more than 5 carries?

Our backs in total would be lucky to get 15 combined touches.

As much as I would like them to run, they are tuning up that pass game for a reason. We dont know WHAT to expect from that secondary....Its hit or miss, meaning we hit the guy or miss the tackle....lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

All very good points but to me the X factor is that we see 85 come alive!
    It's very strange that Ocho gets one or two looks a game despite being wide open at times.
    Reports out of practice, (Collinsworth) said 85 was really putting on a show, weeks ago, when he watched them.
    Is BB hiding him? 
    Knowing the sneaky "B" that BB is, I wouldn't doubt it one bit.

Sorry, Jay, didn't see you just posted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

NO prob! Glad we are in agreement. I find the one catch thing strange too.

I think B.B.is trying to lull people to sleep and 1st play of the game in playoffs,  Boom!  Play-action, Deep to a wide open Ocho for a TD.

Im imagine how that would open up the underneath routes after the "D" sees that...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Gronk!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]My last X-Factor in Postseason. Special Teams. This factor is so overlooked its funny sometimes.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

You are right. Only good thing about Chung possibly being out is he cant call any more fake punts!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: One of the X-Factors for the postseason": Lst two games were horrendous from officiating viewpoint and on top of that the commentary in last game was awful. It is difficult to annoy me and they did it with ease.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

I think the officials have been horrible in general all year but man was I upset last week at some of the most boneheaded calls and non-calls, that one pss intierference when the ball was 3 feet over the reciever aftr he jumped for it was rediculous. But I like getting back injured players to make a big impact!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

^ all I can say is you guys wouldnt be able to sit thru an NBA game. That is THE worse.

Last night against the Heat it was literally 5 on 8.

I mean they are still allowing 96 year old Dick Bavetta to run up and down and make bonehead calls!  I mean it was downright sickening. Even the announcers knew it.

After a while it was so embarrasing that the other ref had to overide a call for Dick.

The way they called every tick tack foul for the Heat and none for us was downright HOrrendus and Shameful.

Wade and Bron are great enough athletes to not need help. No P.P. and we still battled and should have won if not for bad calls ALL GAME!

I thought I missed the NBA, but I realized I DOnt!  Im gonna be sick when the NFL season is over......smh

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

OCHO is the X-Factor......

BB has been hiding him all year.....