One play can change every thing...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

One play can change every thing...

Lee Evans and Wes Welker both dropped passes that one could argue in hindsight proved to be the difference in AFC championship game and the Super Bowl last year. Changing the fate of both teams. So with all the bluster coming out of Baltimore and the countless amount of film poured over by the experts while they try find the edge that one team has over another...in the final analysis it came down to a couple of dropped balls...go figure.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: One play can change every thing...

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Lee Evans and Wes Welker both dropped passes that one could argue in hindsight proved to be the difference in AFC championship game and the Super Bowl last year. Changing the fate of both teams. So with all the bluster coming out of Baltimore and the countless amount of film poured over by the experts while they try find the edge that one team has over another...in the final analysis it came down to a couple of dropped balls...go figure.

Moore knocked the ball loose. Welker dropped his chance from a high throw.

My point was/is that it was those two plays that are sighted as the difference between one team winning vs the other. If they make those catches the outcome of both games is different. My greater point which I failed to make was that on any given Sunday. A game can turn on a single play or series...Had Evan held on to the ball, the Ravens likely go to the Superbowl, Had Welker caught what was a catchable pass, the Pat's run out the clock and the Pat's have 4 rings and we're talking dynasty again....

Another example of where a dropped ball, or one play is sighted as being the difference between winning a Superbowl and not was back in the 70's the Cowboys vs the Steelers, Dallas was driving late in the forth quarter down by 4 or 5 I can't recall the exact score...Thier tightend dropped a TD pass in the end zone. That would have put them ahead with little time remaining in the 4th...

"The Catch" and The Emaculate Reception are a couple of others...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Agreed one catch changed Superbowls for the Pats too. Helmet catch changed game so 18-1 versus 19-0 and last superbowl the catch on the sidelines. Minus those catches the game goes to the Pats not the giants. So the theme of this game is simple....

DO YOUR JOB and EXECUTE  if the Pats do this they have the talent and system to win. If they don't they won't. I think they will but we won't know until the game starts if they are ready and focused or not. 

I think that the Ravens got here on emotion and miracle plays. If they can keep that emotion up then they will be difficult to overcome. If they are tired and unable to use that emotion the game will not be close. I look for the Pats to run them hard until they do tire out. If the Pats get two or 3 8-10 play drives that last 4-5 minutes each in the first half, the ravens D will be gassed in the 4th quarter and emotion may not carry them to perform better. The Pats need to press them and play a full 60 minutes... Denver did not and that is why they are watching this game.

GO Pats.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You can't distill out everything else that happened in the game that got teams to that critical point. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

You can't distill out everything else that happened in the game that got teams to that critical point. 

Agreed...but if the difference is boiled down to one play...in the end it was likely avery good game with two evenly matched opponants

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

in reality, i don't think it's ever just one thing.  It's usually a whole bunch of things that might be overshadowed by one play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I disagree unless that one play happened at a moment from which the other team doesn't get a shot to get back in the game.  Basically, an unusual play, IE  - a hail Mary pass etc.. that ends a game in a win for the other team who was behind at the time.  This does not have to be a TD pass, which the Ravens were lucky to get to tie a game as opposed to the same pass if it meant the Ravens won the game with the ensuing XP.  It could be that long pass to put a team in last second FG position to win, a pass that is so long that it took a total mess up on the part of the D coverage to be successful (insert Broncos here).  In both SB against the Giants, the D could still have stopped the Giants from scoring the winning TDs and it didn't.  As UD said, it is the context of when that play happens not just the one play sometime during the game.  If that one play didn't happen, who is to say it could happen at a later time in the game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Did Welker drop that ball or did Brady throw a bad pass?

Hey ags -why aren't you correcting that blaket statement about Brady's pass?

Some say it was on Welker some say it was on Brady-me...I say it was Brady

Sections
Shortcuts