One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER:
    [QUOTE]     Fletcher Cox and/or Trent Richardson would be the players who could help the Pats the most.      I would trade the 27th and 31st picks in a NY minute for Richardson. He is the "safest player" in the draft...and would breathe fire into the Pats' running game. Add Richardson to Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead...and thats' a great RB corp.     
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

i think cox or richardson could make a huge impact, richardson maybe moreso- and id love to have him, but it would take our whole draft to get pcik #4 so the practical application i dont think applies. of teh players we could land who you pick
    keepng in mind you might have to trade 3 picks to get cox where he is believed to land.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position.

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position. : I think the D is one pass-rusher away from being complete, I have faith ( a little though) on the db's that we have and the ones that are getting healthy. So as I look at the roster Offensively I think another WR who can stretch the field younger,faster,taller, aside from lloyd will do wonders to this O. I'll go with Stephen Hill at Number 31 if he's there which I think he wont, the kid is a beast measurements wise. The #27 pick is exclusively for a pass-rusher or a trade up to get fletcher cox or brockers. The #31 pick I will use it on any impact player regardless of the position. I'll take Fleener there as well, I know we have 3 TE but I think having fleener,gronk,hernandez,wes,lloyd, at the same time on the field will be almost impossible to defend them. Basically, is a 3TE formation of some sort with a TE/WR (hernandez) lined up all over the field, lol I'm drooling over this man. You're having two 6'6-6'7 monster both difficult to bring down, both difficult to defend one-on-one, both can catch and run. Then you have to defend lloyd, who knows how to get open, some one who fights for the ball regardless of how many defenders he has around him, a guy that catch everything thrown his way. Now you need to defend another weapon that is also hard to defend one-on-one in Hernandez, someone you'll find lined up all over the field, who will you put on him?. Here enters Wes the slippery little guy with the heart of a giant, not afraid to go into traffic and grabs the ball, another guy who is hard to defend one-on-one. The only thing that can hold an Offensive attack like that is the O-line, other than that good luck picking your poison.
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

hey leo, so i got who 31 would be. who would 27 be realistically who could be there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER

Courtney Upshaw as an impact OLB

Mark Barron as an impact Safety

or my bold pick: Janoris Jenkins as a shutdown cornerback

the beauty of Janoris Jenkins is that he could be had in the second round at #48 (although I don't think he'll last until #63)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

don't keep up with college football, so, I don't really know who's out there.

But, it's obvious we need help with pass rush first in the form of a DE or OLG. Second would be either a CB or S.

Third would be another TE who can help protect brady, block for the RB corp, and catch a ball or two.

Unfortunately, the Patriots have been trying to revamp the first two FOR YEARS now. I'm not convinced that the Patriots have had the success on D as much as they anticipated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

An elite back that can rush for 1.500 yards or more would definitely put them over the top, the passing game would be that much better too as teams would have to account for the running threat. 

That said I would like to see a dominating nasty defensive player that creates turnovers, makes sacks, and comes up with the game changing plays at key moments of the game. Guys like that are contagious and make  everyone around them better. Ray Lewis used to take over games earlier in his career, he brought toughness to that defense, same thing for LT. A defensive lineman or a DB can also be game changers. The defensive beast is the guy that I'd like to see the Patriots get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER:
    [QUOTE]Courtney Upshaw as an impact OLB Mark Barron as an impact Safety or my bold pick: Janoris Jenkins as a shutdown cornerback the beauty of Janoris Jenkins is that he could be had in the second round at #48 (although I don't think he'll last until #63)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

so your #1 impact player to get su in the sb is upshaw? what if he doesnt make it to 27. would you move up or see who falls?
    your #2  impact player is barron?

i dont think jenkins makes it past mid 30's. ie dont think he makes it to 40.

sure the later we got him the better.
    b ut if i can get hill and jenkins in rd 1 and defense thereafter, it works for me

alternatives kirpatrick and jeffery

if i can get fleener too, or as an alternative id be loving that

been wondering if one of the reasons ww wont sign the tag before the draft, is he afraid of the tag and trade for draft pick (s)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] An elite back that can rush for 1.500 yards or more would definitely put them over the top, the passing game would be that much better too as teams would have to account for the running threat.  That said I would like to see a dominating nasty defensive player that creates turnovers, makes sacks, and comes up with the game changing plays at key moments of the game. Guys like that are contagious and make  everyone around them better. Ray Lewis used to take over games earlier in his career, he brought toughness to that defense, same thing for LT. A defensive lineman or a DB can also be game changers. The defensive beast is the guy that I'd like to see the Patriots get.
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

anonymous and 1513,
      i would agree and have a different analysis if i thought we could or would get the players in those positions. with where we draft and who is available, my analysis changes to what i wrote above

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position.

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position. : hey leo, so i got who 31 would be. who would 27 be realistically who could be there?
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Well, the DT is deep in this year draft, so you can have some solid players in round 2 ( worthy,wolfe/stiill ) If I can just go here not based on needs then these will be my first two picks.

#27 Stephen Hill
    #31 Coby Fleener

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position. : Well, the DT is deep in this year draft, so you can have some solid players in round 2 ( worthy,wolfe/stiill ) If I can just go here not based on needs then these will be my first two picks. #27 Stephen Hill #31 Coby Fleener

". : Well, the DT is deep in this year draft, so you can have some solid players in round 2 ( worthy,wolfe/stiill "

leonardo, did you see my post with my players adn analysis? 
    we seem to be in step

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position. : ". : Well, the DT is deep in this year draft, so you can have some solid players in round 2 ( worthy,wolfe/stiill " leonardo, did you see my post with my players adn analysis?  we seem to be in step

No I Haven't Bredbru, I guess we just like the same players lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position. : No I Haven't Bredbru, I guess we just like the same players lol.

cool. check out my post above with the player (and top 2 players) i selected to realistically be able to grab and make the biggest impact in a superbowl run.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not sure one player (no matter what position) is going to do it.  If I had to pick just one, I guess I'd go for a high-impact DB (probably safety, but corner would do too), since the secondary was their biggest weakness last year.  But I think they have nearly as much need for an edge defender (OLB or DE) in the front seven.  And I agree that a bigger, faster wideout who can challenge on the perimeter and deep would help (is Lloyd enough?).  After that, I think you can look at interior D line, RB (though I hold out hope for Ridley or Vereen to fill the RB position), a second edge defender in the front seven (OLB/DE) to complement whoever they pick up first, and maybe another guy in the secondary (again to complement whoever they pick up first).

While there are depth needs on the O line, I think they're generally okay there.  They look good at QB and TE, and ILB seems okay.  A kick returner would be nice on special teams, but hopefully that's a DB, WR, or RB who does double duty. Rest of special teams group is okay, I think. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I don't know. The last 2 SB losses the offense only scored 17 points. Another touchdown and they have two more rings

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know. The last 2 SB losses the offense only scored 17 points. Another touchdown and they have two more rings
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Or if they held them to 1 less score. Lets face it in both SB's the Pats had the lead with under 3mins to go. You can say 1 more TD or you can say 1 less TD, it just all depends if you are more of a D person or an O person. Personally I've always been a D type of person. I loved 01-05 because those were good-great D's (winning SB's didn't hurt either) but there are also people who are O type of people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell you what, I know we need safety help. but I wouldn't reach in the first for Harrison Smith. From what I've seen of him - he would be an upgrade - but nothing spectacular. When Harrison tackles someone, they seem to almost always get an extra yard. He's got these long arms, but he doesn't look like an explosive athlete and despite the arms, he doesn't look like a guy that will be a great NFL tackler.

He looks like a try hard guy, but we already have enough of them running around in our secondary every year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER:
    [QUOTE]I say Get An elite wr out of the 40 wr's expected to be drafted (one of the big outside guys. Yes our defense needs to get better and if we pcik correctly it will, but one player to make the biggest difference, if we get a guy who is virtually uncoverable because of his size, hands, and catch radius, i thing that would be the biggest difference.  the other 2 players / and position id most like to have are fleener te and jenkins cb (or other surest cb). right now i think jenkins is the only sure thing at cb in our range. we need d line and lb but i dont know 1 player that would be irreplaceable at those positions in our reach (nor do i think any 1 would make more of a difference than the top 220 lb outside wr). so draft the lb and d line, but prioritize jenkins (or other sure thing cb) and the top big outside wr. getting fleener would almost be as good and moving hern to hback/slot/wr how would you answer the original question and subsequent one if you like?

The selecting of Fleener is really starting to grow on me. At first I was like, another tight end? Now I'm beginning to think you just can't pass up on a guy that is a weapon like that. Personally I don't think there is anyway that he's there when we pick (especially when teams look at what we've been able to do with good tight ends), but if he is...I'd take him and be damn happy about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

My vote goes to the draft spot NOT traded away for "future picks".

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that not having Matthews as out LB hasn't made an impact on the D. Better yet, ask a Packers fan what he thinks about him in THEIR LB corps. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

OLB/DE
    DT/DE
    S/CB

Unless you get all 3 of these positions in this draft we will be in trouble.  RB, WR, OL...they are depth acquisitions.  Those first 3...those are holes folks.  Plug the holes before you worry about the frosting.  The O is solid and deep.  The D is anything but.

The last 2 superbowls have been too low scoring, but only because we had Welker and Gronk hurt.  We have those 2 guys back and the O wasn't the problem for sure.  We need at least a McGinnest, if not a Lawrence Taylor.  The trick is to find one at 27 or 31...Lets pray BB finds one.  I'll settle for a Vrabel type even.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure one player (no matter what position) is going to do it.  If I had to pick just one, I guess I'd go for a high-impact DB (probably safety, but corner would do too), since the secondary was their biggest weakness last year.  But I think they have nearly as much need for an edge defender (OLB or DE) in the front seven.  And I agree that a bigger, faster wideout who can challenge on the perimeter and deep would help (is Lloyd enough?).  After that, I think you can look at interior D line, RB (though I hold out hope for Ridley or Vereen to fill the RB position), a second edge defender in the front seven (OLB/DE) to complement whoever they pick up first, and maybe another guy in the secondary (again to complement whoever they pick up first). While there are depth needs on the O line, I think they're generally okay there.  They look good at QB and TE, and ILB seems okay.  A kick returner would be nice on special teams, but hopefully that's a DB, WR, or RB who does double duty. Rest of special teams group is okay, I think. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

pro, in this scenario, you have to  give the players who you can realistically get with the picks and or trades we have. so get back to us. id love to see your ideas

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'll tell you what, I know we need safety help. but I wouldn't reach in the first for Harrison Smith. From what I've seen of him - he would be an upgrade - but nothing spectacular. When Harrison tackles someone, they seem to almost always get an extra yard. He's got these long arms, but he doesn't look like an explosive athlete and despite the arms, he doesn't look like a guy that will be a great NFL tackler. He looks like a try hard guy, but we already have enough of them running around in our secondary every year.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

i also do not see smith as spectacular. i could be wrong, but im nto looking for smith

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : i also do not see smith as spectacular. i could be wrong, but im nto looking for smith

I don't think BB will draft a safety this year, he'll go CB and pass-rusher, a DT/OLB/DE. The safety class is very thin, he'll probably wait until next year to upgrade the position, he'll go with what he has on the roster. To me this is what he'll do: He's going to double down on CB and Pass-rusher, draft a project WR and a kick-return guy from the following position RB/CB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : The selecting of Fleener is really starting to grow on me. At first I was like, another tight end? Now I'm beginning to think you just can't pass up on a guy that is a weapon like that. Personally I don't think there is anyway that he's there when we pick (especially when teams look at what we've been able to do with good tight ends), but if he is...I'd take him and be damn happy about it.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

nice.

after the first 6 draft picks, there are a handful of players i feel are difference-makers. and the first 2 are going to go too high for us to get: brockers, kuechly.
    the others i see as fleener, hill, jenkins, jeffery.

therefore getting one of hill, fleener and jeffery and also getting jenkins or kirpatrick(if bb is too afraid of jenkins) are what i think we should start with. 

(if we could somehow get fleener, jenkins and hill or jeffery, i would be ecstatic).

then going branch, curry, or mclellin; 

and reyes, thompson, winn, or wolf

scars best o linenam in rd 3

slot of the future in 4 or later:
    broyles, coale, hemingway or other.

your thoughts about my above strategy and my selections?

the players that youw ould choose to fit into the question on this thread?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : I don't think BB will draft a safety this year, he'll go CB and pass-rusher, a DT/OLB/DE. The safety class is very thin, he'll probably wait until next year to upgrade the position, he'll go with what he has on the roster. To me this is what he'll do: He's going to double down on CB and Pass-rusher, draft a project WR and a kick-return guy from the following position RB/CB.

who are the players for what you sugggest.

who would be the players also if you went along wtih my premise?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]OLB/DE DT/DE S/CB Unless you get all 3 of these positions in this draft we will be in trouble.  RB, WR, OL...they are depth acquisitions.  Those first 3...those are holes folks.  Plug the holes before you worry about the frosting.  The O is solid and deep.  The D is anything but. The last 2 superbowls have been too low scoring, but only because we had Welker and Gronk hurt.  We have those 2 guys back and the O wasn't the problem for sure.  We need at least a McGinnest, if not a Lawrence Taylor.  The trick is to find one at 27 or 31...Lets pray BB finds one.  I'll settle for a Vrabel type even.
    Posted by fl+adam,[/QUOTE]

re welker and gronk, there will be injuries again at the end of this year. our offense was predicated on having 2 elite tes. we were vulnerable all along during the year and in the playoffs. you have to have redundancy in an area that the whole offense was predicated upon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : pro, in this scenario, you have to  give the players who you can realistically get with the picks and or trades we have. so get back to us. id love to see your ideas

bredbru, it's a fair question, but I don't follow college football closely enough to really make an informed judgment about who we should pick.  I know the needs, but I don''t know how to fill them.  Wish I did--but there's only so much time I can devote to watching sports on TV, and Saturdays in the fall are my hunting days . . .