One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : bredbru, it's a fair question, but I don't follow college football closely enough to really make an informed judgment about who we should pick.  I know the needs, but I don''t know how to fill them.  Wish I did--but there's only so much time I can devote to watching sports on TV, and Saturdays in the fall are my hunting days . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

hey pro,
      i totally get that. the same is true for me. i dont have the hours and hours the draftniks here do to watch and rewatch games and to go over film of players (half the games i see are on teh wall at the gym during a workout; ie catching plays between sets on saturdays).

you can catch a lot from podcasts, draft shows and writing on the net (which i do some of).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : hey pro,   i totally get that. the same is true for me. i dont have the hours and hours the draftniks here do to watch and rewatch games and to go over film of players (half the games i see are on teh wall at the gym during a workout; ie catching plays between sets on saturdays). you can catch a lot from podcasts, draft shows and writing on the net (which i do some of).
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I wait till the draft, then read the scouting reports on the people we actually picked . . . it saves a lot of time reading stuff about guys we'll never pick Smile

Plus it means I have time to go fishing in the spring  . . . (which balances the hunting in the fall nicely . . .)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : who are the players for what you sugggest. who would be the players also if you went along wtih my premise?
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

The only safety I see BB moving up for is Barron, but he won't be in a favorable drafting spot for BB. He won't draft twice in the first round, he'll most likely keep #27 and trade #31 or vise-versa. If he keeps #27 I would like him to draft Nick Perry or Andre Branch both can be there at #31 too. If he trades #27 then I'll like to go with a DT either Devon Still/Jarel Worthy/Kendall Reyes at #31. Now if he keeps both first rounders then I'll go with Nick Perry and Whitney Mercilus Respectively. At #48 I pick my DT Jarel Worthy/Devon Stiil/Derek Wolfe. There I have my two pass-rusher a solid DT that can be paired with Wilfork thus providing the inside pressure that this D needs. With the #63 I'll draft my CB Brandon Boykin/Casey Hayward/Trumaine Johnson/Josh Robinson/Alfonzo Dennard, these are solid CB's My choice would be Josh Robinson/Trumaine Johnson and if we're lucky enough Janoris Jenkins Falls to us here at 63. Then At 93 I'll go with my Kick returner in Chris Rainey, and #126 I'll pick my project WR Tommy Streeter.

So This is how my Mock will look if we draft all of our 6 picks, Keep in mind that I didn't take a safety because I think BB will go with what he has.

#27 Nick Perry
    #31 Whitney Mercilus
    #48 Devon Still
    #63 Janoris Jenkins
    #93 Chris Rainey
    #126 Tommy Streeter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position AND WHAT PLAYER : The only safety I see BB moving up for is Barron, but he won't be in a favorable drafting spot for BB. He won't draft twice in the first round, he'll most likely keep #27 and trade #31 or vise-versa. If he keeps #27 I would like him to draft Nick Perry or Andre Branch both can be there at #31 too. If he trades #27 then I'll like to go with a DT either Devon Still/Jarel Worthy/Kendall Reyes at #31. Now if he keeps both first rounders then I'll go with Nick Perry and Whitney Mercilus Respectively. At #48 I pick my DT Jarel Worthy/Devon Stiil/Derek Wolfe. There I have my two pass-rusher a solid DT that can be paired with Wilfork thus providing the inside pressure that this D needs. With the #63 I'll draft my CB Brandon Boykin/Casey Hayward/Trumaine Johnson/Josh Robinson/Alfonzo Dennard, these are solid CB's My choice would be Josh Robinson/Trumaine Johnson and if we're lucky enough Janoris Jenkins Falls to us here at 63. Then At 93 I'll go with my Kick returner in Chris Rainey, and #126 I'll pick my project WR Tommy Streeter. So This is how my Mock will look if we draft all of our 6 picks, Keep in mind that I didn't take a safety because I think BB will go with what he has. #27 Nick Perry #31 Whitney Mercilus #48 Devon Still #63 Janoris Jenkins #93 Chris Rainey #126 Tommy Streeter
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

nice to see your picks leo.
    curious why ou think still falls that far
    mercilus is a possible stud pass rusher
    perry has a chance to eb a player
    rainey is just fast
    what is your eval of streeter.
       seems like a risk to be anything, but some possible upside

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] An elite back that can rush for 1.500 yards or more would definitely put them over the top, the passing game would be that much better too as teams would have to account for the running threat.  That said I would like to see a dominating nasty defensive player that creates turnovers, makes sacks, and comes up with the game changing plays at key moments of the game. Guys like that are contagious and make  everyone around them better. Ray Lewis used to take over games earlier in his career, he brought toughness to that defense, same thing for LT. A defensive lineman or a DB can also be game changers. The defensive beast is the guy that I'd like to see the Patriots get.
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

nice post.
    got a guy in mind?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

ALL:

SEE, I believe IF Bill Belichick goes about this just right, NE can come away the Very BEST Prospect, At Every SINGLE Position...to best suit our needs.  Here goes, that dream draft scenario:

We need 1 Safety- Best guy?  371st Overall Ranked Cyhl Quarles...  Until the day this man got driven outta Foxboro upon going insane, On EVERY SINGLE slip of paper...not just locker, but contract, roster, memos- No matter HOW random, I would have his name written as: "Charles Quyhl," On every one...without fail.  I would make this the uptmost priority.

Cornerback...Always droppin' like flies in NE; We could have 3 potential solid starters in Dowling, McCourty, Arrington, and heck- even Moore as a 4th above average starter...  Then by October 1st...?  We could be going with higher ranking employess with promise from the local Burger King.  1 guy who certainly has the skill-set to make a difference here, would be the high-rising, Chaz Powell as the consensus rated Five Hundred- and Thirty-Seventh Overall Best Player to Draft.  This plays into rookie hair day, random demands that they act a certain way early on in front of local Pats Interviewers and Cameras...  Here's the deal- "Chaz Powell" has got 1980's Cheesey Movie High School Tough Guy Lead Bully, written ALL over that name.  I'd have his hair spiked...AND frosted.  We're talkin' Jim McMahon Ray-Bans at All-Times (with that terrible neon neck-catcher chord attached to the ends).  Sleeveless tru-fit designer T's (so yes- we'll be contacting Mark Sanchez for pointers here on this one).  Oh man, This one would be day in and day out sweeeeet to tinker with.

ILB- I've stated previously, that I'd love the versatility of a big, but REALLY fast and scheme diverse ILB to conjure up random usages for...  Alot of these ILBs coming out in Draft these past couple years, have been far above in terms of their pass-rushing abilities, The Vast Majority of true ILBs of days gone by...  And although, a "Hightower" (Dont'a), or an "Audie" (Cole), are prettttty good- You NEVER turn down a "Tank" at certain positions on the football field= Tank Carder, therefore, is the choice selection.

OLB...that is to say, 4-3 OLB.  Remember, at every spot we should be takin' a shot at 1 of my super-star prospects, and the fact that we basically play almost ZERO natural base 4-3 (not 4-3 over or under), and even though we could make due with Mayo @ WOLB, no prob- I WILL waste a draft selection on a true 4-3 OLB anyways (but only in the hopes that he can't help out whatsoever, on special teams as well).  The star in the making?  268th Overall Consensus Ranked, Tahir Whitehead.  "Whitehead"..."Whitehead"- This is good lockerrom budding chemistry IF I ever saw it folks; "Chemistry" being the key word, there would be NO ends to the conncoctions other NE Players would be dreaming up, Oils, Grease, THE Nastiest P!mple-Inducing alchemy- That: I would throw in his shampoo, layer onto his soap, all suppliments, random food- Wow, We could make it so when he took the field of play for some PreSeason Game, viewers at home in the tv audience, would see designs of Individual Irish Spring soap boxes tucked away in 1 of his socks, and A Head n- Shoulders logo creeping up and out from under his shoulder pads and into center view, peeking out of the v-neck portion of his jersey.

Defensive Tackle?  Ya, we need 1...  Imho, our very BEST bet, would be soldifying some undersized one, that best doesn't fit the vast majority of our schemes whatsoever...  So I bring you, 270th Overall Ranked 6'0 294lb out of The University of Hawaii:  Vaughn Meatoga.  Look, you find a guy that you can scream "MEEEAT!," at on the practice field, and by-golly, YOU trade up to get 'em, I'll tell'ya that much...

Defensive End...  Need it, and although I sorta hate taking a decent player right here.  I DO still hold out hope that he'll hopefully be a 1-year college wonder, who's DE spot never trully translates to a 3-4 OLB spot; And even though we're using 4-3 DEs as actual 4-3 DEs moreso these days, I still hold the right to switch completely TO the 3-4 Scheme...but only IF this guy plays good @ his natural 4-3 DE position; Thus=Whitney Mercilus.  I mean, I might actually make a rookie contract demand for him to alter, or just totally change his first name just so it doesn't anywhere ever downplay The "Merciless" aspect of his greater and last jersey name.  

I'll finish off the Offense later...       

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Center...  Our OC's aging, and our other OC can better shore up the OG spot.  I guess what I'm trying to say is: Even though we have 3 or 4 guys who can play OC, I'd like to spend a draft selection on a guy ideally worse and more of a project, than even the bottommost one currently on NE's Roster.  A total of 8 ranked OC's...I'll take the 2nd lowest, 7th ranked OC and 238th Overall Rated Draftee- Quentin Salisbury.  I'd pair "Meat" and "Steak" up first thing in the morning, and subsequently Lma-o on the sidelines with everyone else, til it turned dusk...  Mmmm, Then I'd probably put 'em both on IR for the season (b/c that'd be a joke which wears itself out pretty quick), prior to bringing them back for Summer Camp of '13, just so I could do this 1 more time prior to cutting them both for good.

Offensive Guard Easy one= Joe "Looney" outta Wake Forest...  We're talking cartoon pictures on his back, you name it.  But this ain't just gonna cut-it here, right?  So, we're adding not 1, but 2 O-Linemen for good measure...  RE: Offensive Tackle- Our OTs are an underdeveloped 2nd year guy, 1 guy who definately might retire, A guy who had Cancer the year prior and had played the majority of his college ball at the OG spot, plus 1 more guy lost for a full season with a major back issue=Thus, we could use a star OT....So that's why I'm nabbing future pro-bowl OT "Matt McCants."  I will ask and simply DEMAND Mr. McCants to do 100 times as much work and be 1000 times more exacting and productive as EVERY One else...who gets 1 dime from The NE Franchise.  I will do this, just so I can have that 1 fateful instance upon Matt recognizing that he's being asked to go well above and beyond what would be expected from 1 of the higher ranking Titans on Mt Olympus, JUST so McCants can keep coming up to me (or me to him), with his failures...  I will then say things like, "I do NOT wanna hear, 1 'mc-CAN'T' outta You, I only want to be hearing "Mc-Cannnn's...because that's why I drafted you."  McCants will slowly recognize that, yes- Indeed that WAS the only reason why I drafted him...the slow dawning of that recognition upon his outward soul, will be MORE than enough in my eyes to make up for the god-awful bad pun as the foundation of this whole ordeal.

Tight End?  Well lemme just say that'cha could do alot worse than Cooper Helfet of Duke, who is- The Seven Hundred and Thirty First BEST(!) Overall Player this year...  Who's a worse ranked TE?  749th Ranked Kyle Fiedorowicz...  I ain't gonna waste a draft pick on the worst ranked guy there is...But I'll gladly waste one on the 2nd worst guy= Cooper Helfet it is!

Wideout...  That's Marvin McNutt outta Iowa.  He's the choice, only because those hand-drawn p#nis pics attached to his back will be far easier to come up with on a daily basis verses cartoon caricatures for Joe Looney (yes, there was a Nick Toon...but again, he might end up being a bit more decent, so= He's O-U-T); And yet, I despairingly feel that'll I'll be leaving simply Soooo much potential left on the draft table, IF I get a "Looney" but end up passing in the end, on the "Toon." 

Lemme seeee- RunningBack.  444th Ranked Fozzy Whitaker.  Fozzy, Fonzy, Wozzy, Fuzzy, Flow-Z...This guy's name's a gold-mine...  Really, ya don't just stumble across a "Fozzy" everyday of your life- Seize the opportunity when ya do.  FullBack gets thrown out as a seperate one.  We have 3...maybe more, so 4 or 5 makes about equal sense If you're already past 0, 1 and at crazy-most 2.  Our target?  252nd Ranked UMass FB, Emil Igwenabu...Say that 5X Fast.  Can't, right?  NO-one can.  I will slur, mispronounce, and deliberately scr#w up this guy's name for as long as- well, Bare Minimum=Until I cut him 2 weeks into training camp.  I'm gonna be like, "Hey, send 'Amelioo-Egg-wenta-bye-bye' over yonder, 'kay McDaniels?"

Last but not least=Quarterback...  Now there was a "B-J something-or-other" elsewhere, But nobody wants to waste a good B-J on a Guard or something...  I mean, that's common sense right there folks: You want a good "B-J", and IF you're lucky enough to find one- well, gahd-d#mnit, You GET one from a position that's in charge of field tacticianary, good strategy, pinpoint precision-  When ya ask for a "B-J", the term "mauler" usually isn't the complimentary adjective attached to it.  The better B-J, should be looked for from one, "BJ Coleman."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position.

In Response to Re: One player In The Draft To Make the Biggest Difference to Help Win The Super. What Position.:
    [QUOTE]Trent Richardson hands down!
    Posted by skorpion76[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%! I think if we had this guy during the Super Bowl we win that game. We wouldn't of had to just drop back to pass and put Brady against a defensive line that can get after you. I remember Green Ellis getting absolutely crushed on several of his runs (which resulted as little or no gain, that just killed those drives). Richardson would of opened up an entire different avenue for us to move the ball and limit their pass rush. 

I would rather have a dominant defensive lineman if there was that one guy (Suh like) available in this year's draft, but there doesn't seem to be one right now. I'm sure there'll be plenty of defensive players that develop into something, but right now it looks like a lot of guys evenly rated with potential.