One thing that the Patriots screwed up on the offseason...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

One thing that the Patriots screwed up on the offseason...

Was being more active in getting Jason Taylor, i think he would have been a good addition to the Defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: One thing that the Patriots screwed up on the offseason...

I'm not sure how much more active they could have been.  The guy wanted to return to Miami, and he did.  He was thankful for the Patriots' interest, but I'm not sure how another defensive lineman would help this team.  I don't like Taylor in coverage (especially at his age), so I figured he'd play almost exclusively as an attacking defensive end, whether he's in a 3 or 4-point stance, or he's standing as an "OLB."

I think their biggest loss was Tyrone McKenzie to a torn ACL.  I think he would have contributed because he already had a couple of years of experience in a 3-4 in college. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to One thing that the Patriots screwed up on the offseason...:
    Was being more active in getting Jason Taylor, i think he would have been a good addition to the Defense.
    Posted by HipHopHooray

I wish more people would READ articles instead of just spewing comments...

Jayson Taylor made it perfectly clear that he origionally didn't want to go to Washington, but he was kinda forced to.  He stated he has & always will be a Dolphin through & through & though at the time, he didn't state it, I believe he wants to retire as a Dolphin! He said that money was not a focus nor was a long term contract.  His family lives in Miami & his heart has ALWAYS been with them!

So PLEASE stop saying the Pats should have tried harder to sign him since he wanted to be back with the Dolphins no matter what it took! I equate Jason Taylor to Tedy Brewski in doing what he needed to do to play & retire on the team they lived & breathed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Wanting the Patriots to chase Jason Taylor is the same as wanting to keep Bruschi, Vrabel and Harrison: IT'S A QUICK FIX PEOPLE! It may (and it was a huge "may" if you watched the D last year) have served as a band-aid early but in the latter part of the year, that was going to be a glaring weakness for this team. At least right now, we're taking a slight step back to rebuild that defense into something formiddable for years.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

jason taylor would have been good. much better than burgess from what we have seen so far. and looking back on all the postings about how crable would be better than taylor is just sad and funny right now. but the bottom line is that he didn't want to come here. 
    i wish they had pulled the trigger on julius peppers, but as kraft has stated they won't be handing out any long term contracts until the new collective bargaining agreement is in place and they know what the new rules will be. its probably the smart thing to do, but at the same time it hurts us this season. hopefully burgess will come around...

Sections
Shortcuts